Mississippi State Postgame Thread

ToraGirl

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And drastically opens everything up underneath

I shed a tear of joy when Schwartz took that slant for a chunk.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Who all fumbled besides Shivers? I know Nix did but it wasn't recovered. Williams "fumbled" but thought that was a poor call. 

Malik Miller

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Who all fumbled besides Shivers? I know Nix did but it wasn't recovered. Williams "fumbled" but thought that was a poor call. 

Nix

Williams

Shivers

Miller

1 each, and all lost except Nix’s.

The Williams “fumble” was a joke.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Would be nice but unlikely except on those special goal line plays.  Lots of young guys got to play yesterday which was a great. experience for them.   Happy to see DJ get some time.....and hope to see more of him but with about 35-40 running plays per game,  there are not many carries that have not already been "designated" for Boobie, Eli and Schwartz.....and Nix of course.     

Everyone wants to see their favorite guy get a bunch of touches but just not enough plays in a game for that.   JMO but distribution of the ball was pretty generous yesterday due to the run away nature of the game.    Thinking that next week we will probably see less of that. 

There’s a lot of distribution. 9 different guys ran the ball

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Nix

Williams

Shivers

Miller

Didn’t Whitlow fumble also, but Schwartz recovered?

As for Nix....about every time I see a guy like him getting run down from behind I expect to see the ball punched loose.   Seems that Steele does not teach that kind of stuff 'cause we sure don't cause many fumbles. 

11 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Oh, they’ll be the “fumbles”crowd and the “Joey didn’t get to play enough” crowd. Some of our AU brethren will manage a way to not enjoy this somehow. :) 

And the extremely poor officiating.

49 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Nix

Williams

Shivers

Miller

I think Tutt fumbled a punt as well. He could’ve been down when it happened, but that wouldn’t have matter with the refs from last night. 

40 minutes ago, AUinMS said:

Didn’t Whitlow fumble also, but Schwartz recovered?

Apparently not. There’s no registered fumble for whitlow in the official stats. Must have been down.

Need to protect ball better, I'd like for shivers and jg to had been used more but as far as jg him getting used to show what he can do would limit both the starting QB and whatever hb out there. But you can't complain about a good win like that. Nothing is more important than the o line seeing how to dominate

12 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Out of likes...but yassss!

images (1).jpeg

Agree can’t stand either. No complaints just wish that was dan mullet coaching them with that beat down. I hope Malzahn has the same attitude next week towards dan mullets, hope he rememberers about 2010. Sorry I just can’t stand that goofy sh@,:head ( dan mullet) 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

There’s a lot of distribution. 9 different guys ran the ball

Weren’t nearly as many receivers targeted as well? I think 8 caught passes. That’s incredible

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Nix

Williams

Shivers

Miller

And Boobie.   It was a fumble that went to commercial and AS recovered.   Very poor TV coverage on it

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The only negative from this game............. 

One of my favorite sports movies and our RBs definitely need to be running miles and miles with a football.

What a terrific game! Gus really opened the play book. No quick runs up the middle after first downs. Slants. Getting the ball into the hands of a lot of different play makers. I don't know if the OL was so greatly improved, or if the Moo DL was just so bad, but I sure did like seeing some winning football there in the offensive front row.

I hope we got the fumble-itis out of our system in this game, because now that the passing game has opened up, fumbles become the biggest threat to kill drives.

WDE! On to Mullen in his Swamp.

We have an embarrassment of riches, when it comes to talent on this team.  It’s hard to get everyone in for an adequate amount of time and still give Bo the reps he needs with the starters.  I’m glad they did get guys in in the last quarter. I hope we are able to do that in the FL game. I can’t wait to go to that game! 😁

58 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Apparently not. There’s no registered fumble for whitlow in the official stats. Must have been down.

He did fumble. It was missed by most of the TV viewers because espn was to busy showing the helicopter hit on States QB against KState. It was the drive after Papoe forced the fumbled and the targeting call against State for the hit on Seth. Watching the replay now. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

The Seth Williams ¨fumble¨ wasn´t just a poor call, it was one of the worst calls  think I have ever seen! And it was reviewed!  It was not even close to a fumble, what is the point in having reviews if they are afraid to overturn a mistake like that?

Archived