Official Ole Miss Game Thread

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Auburn and Cleveland run the same offense.

Cleveland has a poor OL.
Great WR Talent.
Inconsistent QB who sorta can move.
Is poor against good teams. (Which is most of them in the NFL)
Has a coach that calls questionable plays.

Cleveland is the Auburn of the NFL.

The sad part for me is...I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Lmao. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does bo not set his feet on some of his throws? Of course Gustav is teaching the fundamentals though no doubt. 

Ok positives. I have a couple of new best friends. The hold my root beer joke was money. I even talked to a couple of guys that can get on my nerves. Bo proved me right about his footwork......the most important one about us looking great.....that's the one I need

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Sweet tea. No unicorns. I'm not happy that theres only 10 points, and I wouldn't have called that pass when we were on the goal line, but it wasn't an asinine call. 

People have this weird thing, where they think it's like PlayStation or something, and Gus is calling deep shot after deep shot. The QB has a part in the decision too. 

Like, this isn't acceptable, we need to do better, being up 3 on Ole Miss is irritating, but the results on the field tonight aren't entirely on Gus. He's not blameless, but he not the sole reason either.

What would you do differently? Honest question. 

What Im saying is, and I just said this in another response, is that when a team consistently performs like this week after week after week and even year after year...ultimately its on the head coach...Auburn needs a new set of eyes on this offense. It needs a new energy, a new look. Gus has lost his way and our opponents pretty much have him figured out. If Bo hasn’t improved since week one, if the offense hasn’t improved over the course of the year, then thats all on the coaches. I see other teams grow as the season goes on...we don’t. We tread water.

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

The sad part for me is...I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Lmao. 

That is sad! You got the double whammy!

Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Cleveland has a poor OL.
Great WR Talent.

i never saw him but freddies mom used to live next door to me when he was qb at bam. the popo picked him up at the damn for shooting fish. or attempting to. some said he was drunk but i was told he was just a big dummy and the police let him go because they were bama fans. true story........

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Agree...and honestly, from a layman’s point of view, I don’t think Gus has called a terrible game...BUT....ultimately a team thats not executing and performing better than they did at the start of the year? Thats on the head coach.

I can get behind that. This is the first game where we look like they are not playing their hearts out.

Someone here implied the QB has a choice of who he throws to on these deep balls? Time how long Bo has the ball in his hands on those plays. It ain't a choice chief.

10 minutes ago, countoff said:

Sigh.....Well I chose watching this over painting the bathroom.  I suppose this is better than painting a bathroom.  But not by much.

What color, countoff? It would last longer...😉

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Zero cohesion to any of the play calls. Each play is its own call. No rhyme or reason to any of the calls.

Did you ever see the episode of South Park making fun of Family Guy? Reminds me of that. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

I have missed and been concerned about you AUB. Happy to see you tonight.. Let's tear up those Samford Lookalikes. 

Thanks.  Have been a bit disinterested in football forum lately, partly due to busy schedule at home and work, partly due to Astros world series run, partly due to enjoying fantasy football in NFL, but mostly due to the events of this past week. I will continue to watch and love Auburn football, but I have finally given away my Gus Bus ticket since our trip to Atlanta has been suspended indefinitely.  Just ready to sit back and watch without the stress and enjoy the process of getting a new coach next year.  👍

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, I watched us boo Tubs in 2003.  He was our coach for 5 more seasons.  He ain't gone because of that.

Does that mean we go undefeated next year and get left out of the NC?

5 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Cleveland has a poor OL.
Great WR Talent.

Watching Cleveland on offense does remind me of Auburn. I’ve thought that all season. Thing is, both teams are a coaching change away from being competitive. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

@cole256 how would you like to respond to this sir lol

I don't want to offer any opinion different than the crowd lol. I did it with Bo and barely lived to tell about it and I was right. I may be hunted down if I'm wrong 😂

18 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Hungry Hunter before Legends...and they had legendary prime rib...do you remember that, or pay-what-it's-worth Pizza Night at Denaro's, downtown? 

Ah yes. That last night at the Hungry Hunter was fun.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never saw him but freddies mom used to live next door to me when he was qb at bam. the popo picked him up at the damn for shooting fish. or attempting to. some said he was drunk but i was told he was just a big dummy and the police let him go because they were bama fans. true story........

You and your stories ya old coot.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You don't take huge downfield shots on 3rd and 4.  It's stupid to suggest otherwise.

Next time you see a team hit a long pass on 3rd and long, remember that.  (On 3rd and 4, what would you suggest? If the long pass is open, why not take the shot? I would.)

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I think DJ broke the plane before the suplex. Also, that wasn't 4th down, so there would probably be points still. 

No DJ was on the three when Harrell picked him up and threw him over his shoulder 😂. It’s a 10

or 15 yard penalty so yea we probly get 3 out of it . 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

O don't want to offer any opinion different than the crowd lol. I did it with Bo and barely lived to tell about it and I was right. I may be hunted down if I'm wrong 😂

You've got stalkers still smelling dirt in your city to track you by your scent.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

What Im saying is, and I just said this in another response, is that when a team consistently performs like this week after week after week and even year after year...ultimately its on the head coach...Auburn needs a new set of eyes on this offense. It needs a new energy, a new look. Gus has lost his way and our opponents pretty much have him figured out. If Bo hasn’t improved since week one, if the offense hasn’t improved over the course of the year, then thats all on the coaches. I see other teams grow as the season goes on...we don’t. We tread water.

Funny enough, I was responding to that post as you were responding here.

To me, the one thing that Gus has...had...going for him is that the players seem to play hearts out for him. The reason I've not hopped entirely off the bus is because my position is that they know more than I do about it, about him.

If he loses that, I'm off the bus.

Well I went and coached a middle school wrestling tournament (trying to build up the program) today. So my wife was at home alone watching her Florida Gators play awful. She very much wants to do something other than sit at home all night so we're going to watch that crappy horror movie about the app telling you how long you have to live. Not leaving yet but if you miss my witty comments that's why.

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

People have this weird thing, where they think it's like PlayStation or something, and Gus is calling deep shot after deep shot. The QB has a part in the decision too. 

I honestly don't think Bo gets to make that call. He's told to throw it to the deep guy and it should be executed properly. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Someone here implied the QB has a choice of who he throws to on these deep balls? Time how long Bo has the ball in his hands on those plays. It ain't a choice chief.

My thought too. That last deep ball on third down was in his hands for maybe a second and he never even looked at the WR. 

Archived