Why Gus is going to be fired.

ToomersStreet

23 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so let’s hypothesize that Gustav beats the turds wins the bowl game and ends up 10-3. Of course he’ll be around for next year. My question is do the PTB make him get rid of Grimes so we can get another o line coach? Or is that fantasy land? 

IMO I think Gus had buyers remorse by the Miss State game last year.  I wondered  at the end of last season if Gus would fire Grimes, but if he did it fire him after one season it would  be Gus openly admitting to everyone he made a bad hire.   I do think after this season and a somewhat improved  o-line J.B. will probably leave for a lesser program again, Gus will go and find a young Kodi/Carnell caliber o-line coach.  Someone with a lot of potential to be a strong recruiter  who WILL DO WHAT GUS TELLS HIM!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

IMO I think Gus had buyers remorse by the Miss State game last year.  I wondered  at the end of last season if Gus would fire Grimes, but if he did it fire him after one season it would  be Gus openly admitting to everyone he made a bad hire.   I do think after this season and a somewhat improved  o-line J.B. will probably leave for a lesser program again, Gus will go and find a young Kodi/Carnell caliber o-line coach.  Someone with a lot of potential to be a strong recruiter  who WILL DO WHAT GUS TELLS HIM!

Kendall Simmons?

41 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so let’s hypothesize that Gustav beats the turds wins the bowl game and ends up 10-3. Of course he’ll be around for next year. My question is do the PTB make him get rid of Grimes so we can get another o line coach? Or is that fantasy land? 

I think they would push for more than just Grimes on the offensive side. Total revamp.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

Kendall Simmons?

What?   NO!  Simmons is the o=line coach we need,not  the one Gus  will hire.  Simmons would  probably tell Gus he is wrong,   recruit players Gus doens't want him to recruit.  Coach in a manner that does not suit his offense.  I was thinking more of a Ryan Pugh.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Either way, let Arky get Norvell, Gus to MEMPHIS bringing the Dilly back West Tennessee. 

what a waste of space hire. whats the point, unless his wife goes on the recruiting trips or something...

7 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

What?   NO!  Simmons is the o=line coach we need,not  the one Gus  will hire.  Simmons would  probably tell Gus he is wrong,   recruit players Gus doens't want him to recruit.  Coach in a manner that does not suit his offense.  I was thinking more of a Ryan Pugh.

Isn’t Pugh Chip Lyndsey’s OC at Troy?  I doubt he’d want to take step back to being a position coach.

9 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

How does anyone make Lord Gus of the Iron Contract do anything? 

He can just tell them, "Buy me out or shut up."   

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

OK Boomer.

I'll at least respect this if you're against wars.

@AUsince72: More like December 2

Being anti-state is literally as far away from a boomer as you can get. You cant even insult me correctly. 

But, yes, I'm an AnCap so of course I'm against war. 

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

Isn’t Pugh Chip Lyndsey’s OC at Troy?  I doubt he’d want to take step back to being a position coach.

I didn't say Pugh, I said like Pugh

I would recommend you all start reading up on Buddhism.  Gus is coming back.  Life is suffering.  Accept it or it might destroy you.

10 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

The last thing we need is the PTB sticking their noises BACK into places where those noses don't belong. I thought meddling was a no-no? It's Malzahn's team he should be allowed to sink or swim with his own decisions.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has

Other than who his DC will be.  He's never made that decision.  The one's that have been made for him him have been the only decisions that have panned out.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He has

Indeed he has. So far, 8-3 against the toughest schedule in the nation. People whining abut how AU "should have won" such and such a game. AU stayed close enough to those teams so that people can do that whining. Others have been blown out by them. We have a very good team and as was stated before the season, this year is all on Gus. Would I like to have won more? Sure. Does that mean we don't have a fine ream, No it doesn't.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Indeed he has. So far, 8-3 against the toughest schedule in the nation. People whining abut how AU "should have won" such and such a game. AU stayed close enough to those teams so that people can do that whining. Others have been blown out by them. We have a very good team and as was stated before the season, this year is all on Gus. Would I like to have won more? Sure. Does that mean we don't have a fine ream, No it doesn't.

You reek of moral victories.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Other than who his DC will be.  He's never made that decision.  The one's that have been made for him him have been the only decisions that have panned out.

You haters are a trip. Everything that turns out well, it's because of somebody else. Everything that doesn't turn out well, it's on Gus. That's laughable.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You haters are a trip. Everything that turns out well, it's because of somebody else. Everything that doesn't turn out well, it's on Gus. That's laughable.

I can't help it if you haven't been paying attention.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I can't help it if you haven't been paying attention.

Oh, I've been paying attention. Paying attention to a bunch of crybaby whiners that gripe about perceived problems but offer no solution except try something from a grab bag and if that doesn't work, gripe about how that decision was somebody else's fault.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You pumpers are a trip, everything that turns out well is because of Gus.  Everything that doesn't turn out well is somebody else's fault.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Oh, I've been paying attention. Paying attention to a bunch of crybaby whiners that gripe about perceived problems but offer no solution except try something from a grab bag and if that doesn't work, gripe about how that decision was somebody else's fault.

I'm not being paid $7 mil to figure that out.  If Gus or our admin needs solutions from those working outside their profession then they are in worse off shape than I imagined.

Just now, AUDevil said:

You pumpers are a trip, everything that turns out well is because of Gus.  Everything that doesn't turn out well is somebody else's fault.

When have I blamed someone else? The only time I did that was when someone said last year's Tennessee loss was Gus's fault when it was Steele's defense that gave up 30 points to the most inept offense in the SEC.

Archived