Dershowitz

TexasTiger

I can't tell if y'all are intentionally missing the point are not. It seems that Dershowitz is discussing what constitutes an impeachable offense. There is a huge difference in what is "okay" and what is an impeachable offense. 

For example, having sex with an intern is NOT okay, but it is not an impeachable offense.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I can't tell if y'all are intentionally missing the point are not. It seems that Dershowitz is discussing what constitutes an impeachable offense. There is a huge difference in what is "okay" and what is an impeachable offense. 

For example, having sex with an intern is NOT okay, but it is not an impeachable offense.

I agree that there's a monster difference in okay vs impeachable, but Dershowitz didn't make that distinction yesterday at all.  In fact, his fellow lawyers today defending the President have been working tirelessly during the trial trying to clean up the mess that Dershowitz created.  Also worth noting that I haven't even seen Dershowitz answer a question today.

Here is what Dershowitz had to say in rebuttal:  

“They characterized my argument as if I had said that if a president believes that his reelection was in the national interest, he can do anything,” Dershowitz, a opinion contributor to The Hill, said on Twitter.

“I said nothing like that, as anyone who actually heard what I said can attest.”

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/480669-dershowitz-says-media-willfully-distorted-his-view-of-presidential

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here is what Dershowitz had to say in rebuttal:  

“They characterized my argument as if I had said that if a president believes that his reelection was in the national interest, he can do anything,” Dershowitz, a opinion contributor to The Hill, said on Twitter.

“I said nothing like that, as anyone who actually heard what I said can attest.”

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/480669-dershowitz-says-media-willfully-distorted-his-view-of-presidential

I listened to his argument as it happened.  As the guy was speaking, I came to my original conclusion, sitting in my office chair slack-jawed.  No media characterization needed.  The dude is backtracking big-time.

Archived