2020 Grad Transfer OL Brandon Council Commits to AU!

Paladin

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This COULD be a hard year to plug in a transfer OL, no summer time to work/bond. Yes?

You might be right, but another way to look at it is that the other guys haven't really had that many reps together, either. So might as well put the guy with the most game experience out there. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:02 PM, ellitor said:

Yes players can commit but a guy like him is going to need to visit the campus first which he has not done

So much for needing that campus visit first....

C97B67FD-FEAC-4AA9-A396-7EBD03D560D6.gif

38 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This COULD be a hard year to plug in a transfer OL, no summer time to work/bond. Yes?

Not any harder than any of the other guys trying to step up. We will have at least four new starters. None of the others have started at a four-year college besides Brahms. Junior colleges obviously not the same level also. There was no spring so there was no chance for anybody to get ahead of him. He actually has the advantage starting his last 24 games in college.

1 minute ago, Auskip said:

So much for needing that campus visit first....

C97B67FD-FEAC-4AA9-A396-7EBD03D560D6.gif

Yes I was wrong. No need to bring it back up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes I was wrong. No need to bring it back up.

Actually I think you were right but with the Covid-19 putting the chance for a visit back until at least June and maybe later. While he would have liked to visit first he probably decided that it was best to tie down the spot now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Actually I think you were right but with the Covid-19 putting the chance for a visit back until at least June and maybe later. While he would have liked to visit first he probably decided that it was best to tie down the spot now.

Plus kids are doing these virtual visits now & that is helping some teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Nice buzzkill. 😡

🙂

BOOM!

Council now, Green is next!  I think Green said he wanted to go where Council went.  Maybe...Package deal???  ( I know, I know, just having fun )

Congrats Brandon - you will so enjoy the Auburn family.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

BOOM!

Council now, Green is next!  I think Green said he wanted to go where Council went.  Maybe...Package deal???  ( I know, I know, just having fun )

Congrats Brandon - you will so enjoy the Auburn family.

You had me going. I was about to go back out to the football recruiting threads to see who Green was.

• Haha 1

OT was scaring me with Hamm, a Juco OT from Germany Zierer with a knee Injury, and Troxell with multiple Knee  injuries I was not feeling very good about O-Line adding Brandon eases my worries some. Either way we will have 4 new starters in O-Line and not much time to meld.  The silver lining is we are not starting out the first game with a top ranked opponent giving the new O-Line at least one game against Alcorn State to meld before playing UNC then Ole Miss and and Southern Miss.  

This is great help indeed for us. Does he project to play left or right tackle? I think I missed this in previous information about him.  I am curious who will be our starting guards. Does anyone have any idea who might be the starters for the guard positions?

Edited by doc4aday

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The silver lining is we are not starting out the first game with a top ranked opponent giving the new O-Line at least one game against Alcorn State to meld before playing UNC then Ole Miss and and Southern Miss.  

Assuming we play a full season which is very much in doubt.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Does he project to play left or right tackle?

A specific side has not been reported. He’s played all five positions his last two years at Akron.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Does anyone have any idea who might be the starters for the guard positions

Way too many variables and unanswered questions to even begin to make an educated guess.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I have been a Debbie Downer on O-Line for this coming year and I finally find two thing that let me have a little hope one signing this young man and two an easier schedule at beginning of year and you had to knock the wind out of my sails concerning the schedule. What is sad after you said it I  realized you have a very valid point.

😞

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unfortunately, ellitor is probably right here. I think that the virus will slow down as the temperature heats up but then come back strong in the fall, probably wiping out football season.  Our best hope is that some effective treatments gain wide acceptance, taking some of the sting out of it.

O.K...

On 3/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Paladin said:

Impact Rating: 6.9 out of 10

Original artical says 4.6 out of 10.

https://n.rivals.com/news/transfer-tracker-akron-ol-brandon-council-to-graduate-transfer

So that drops him from: (6.9-9.0)

A high impact player who won’t change a program but will certainly be a very good contributor and starter. 

To: (4.1 to 6.0)

A solid impact can be expected in the right scenario and has the potential to battle for a starting job.

Which is closer to: (1.1-4.0)

Not a big impact expected, likely a non-starter and down the bench depth player

I mean I get it that everyone thinks that anyone who comes to Auburn is the bees-knees. Especially on this site...

But we are talking about a guy who was projected as preseason fourth-team All-MAC by Athlon Sports...

Maybe he can hold his own and will surprise me like Driscoll but I wont hold my breath. Im not a sunshine pumper like a some of you on here. 

But nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this young man. 

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

O.K...

Original artical says 4.6 out of 10.

https://n.rivals.com/news/transfer-tracker-akron-ol-brandon-council-to-graduate-transfer

So that drops him from: (6.9-9.0)

A high impact player who won’t change a program but will certainly be a very good contributor and starter. 

To: (4.1 to 6.0)

A solid impact can be expected in the right scenario and has the potential to battle for a starting job.

Which is closer to: (1.1-4.0)

Not a big impact expected, likely a non-starter and down the bench depth player

I mean I get it that everyone thinks that anyone who comes to Auburn is the bees-knees. Especially on this site...

But we are talking about a guy who was projected as preseason fourth-team All-MAC by Athlon Sports...

Maybe he can hold his own and will surprise me like Driscoll but I wont hold my breath. Im not a sunshine pumper like a some of you on here. 

But nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this young man. 

For what it’s worth from people who cover the program and people connected to the program he’s expected to win a starting tackle or guard spot.

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We've had a guy come from Division II and start for us at center, and a right tackle from the worst Division I program in football. It's not necessarily how good this guy is, it's more about what we have now talent wise and experience wise. If it's an upgrade, it is good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

We've had a guy come from Division II and start for us at center, and a right tackle from the worst Division I program in football. It's not necessarily how good this guy is, it's more about what we have now talent wise and experience wise. If it's an upgrade, it is good.

And Driscoll may have developed into a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

I for one am excited about this. Right now there are players in the NFL who came from G5 and FCS schools, so I think it pretty safe to say that it's not outside the realm of possibility for a guy like Council to be a great O-Li neman in spite of where he got his collegiate start.

Assuming we get to have football this season, his experience should help overall. The real silver lining is that everyone else in the country is having to deal with the same limitations in terms of S&C, system installs, and practice. So the playing field is somewhat even.

Again, assuming we play ball this year, I think we'll teams with the most returning experience perform the best. Maybe not the best news for Auburn, but hey, what do I know? 😅

54 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I for one am excited about this. Right now there are players in the NFL who came from G5 and FCS schools, so I think it pretty safe to say that it's not outside the realm of possibility for a guy like Council to be a great O-Li neman in spite of where he got his collegiate start.

Yeah. Anyone automatically shrugging off small school guys just hasn't been paying attention. 

Now, if somebody wants to complain that we have to keep scouring small school transfers to field a functioning offensive line every year, then that's a very valid but different conversation.