No plan

TexasTiger

"On Friday, as coronavirus infections rapidly multiplied aboard a cruise ship marooned off the coast of California, health department officials and Vice President Mike Pence came up with a plan to evacuate thousands of passengers, avoiding the fate of a similar cruise ship, the Diamond Princess, which became a petri dish of coronavirus infections. Quickly removing passengers was the safest outcome, health officials and Pence reasoned.

But President Donald Trump had a different idea: Leave the infected passengers on board — which would help keep the number of U.S. coronavirus cases as low as possible.

“Do I want to bring all those people off? People would like me to do it,” Trump admitted at a press conference at the CDC later on Friday. “I would rather have them stay on, personally.”

“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault,” Trump added, saying that he ultimately empowered Pence to decide whether to evacuate the passengers.

For six weeks behind the scenes, and now increasingly in public, Trump has undermined his administration’s own efforts to fight the coronavirus outbreak — resisting attempts to plan for worst-case scenarios, overturning a public-health plan upon request from political allies and repeating only the warnings that he chose to hear. Members of Congress have grilled top officials like Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Centers for Disease Control Director Robert Redfield over the government’s biggest mistake: failing to secure enough testing to head off a coronavirus outbreak in the United States. But many current and former Trump administration officials say the true management failure was Trump’s."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/07/trump-coronavirus-management-style-123465

21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Should a plan be planned and vetted first? 

Obviously no protocol, standard, or planning in place by previous administrations. Probably good to have someone like Trump that can wade past all the BS and put a plan in place for situations like this. Agree Tex?  

50 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Obviously no protocol, standard, or planning in place by previous administrations. Probably good to have someone like Trump that can wade past all the BS and put a plan in place for situations like this. Agree Tex?  

You’re so wrong, don’t know where to start.

Archived