2021 4* OT Savion Byrd

ellitor

44 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Yes, we dud sign Chris Thompson Jr in last years class.

tenor.gif

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Savion said when he'll make his commitment and to whom he's leaning towards?

@auburn4ever no but the longer he drags it out the better it can be for Auburn. Right now SMU is trending.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4ever no but the longer he drags it out the better it can be for Auburn. Right now SMU is trending.

Hey E, save this in a folder so you can paste it when a4e asks the same question in 2 weeks.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

SMU?!?!  I would think TAMU, LSU, maybe bama or Clemson would be tough to beat.   But surely we’re not going to get beat by SMU for a kid we really want to get.  If it’s down to us and SMU, I have to feel good about our chances!

25 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

SMU for a kid we really want to get.

Very possible. Houston beat a lot of P5 teams a few years ago for then big time prospect Ed Oliver.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

SMU?!?!  I would think TAMU, LSU, maybe bama or Clemson would be tough to beat.   But surely we’re not going to get beat by SMU for a kid we really want to get.  If it’s down to us and SMU, I have to feel good about our chances!

To some prospects, geography is important and he's a Texas kid.. Add that to a coach he likes at SMU and it could be a problem for us.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Some kids like smaller schools because they get more opportunity to shine and be the best player on the team. It doesn’t happen often but there’s always a few each class like him 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Some kids like smaller schools because they get more opportunity to shine and be the best player on the team. It doesn’t happen often but there’s always a few each class like him 

And maybe he just wants to stay home. IF he goes to SMU then he doesn’t even have to leave his own city

Let's not try to make this in to anything else that it isn't. He has a former high school coach of his at SMU. That's why he would be going there.

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Let's not try to make this in to anything else that it isn't. He has a former high school coach of his at SMU. That's why he would be going there.

Yeah because 90% of recruiting is relationships

Archived