JBoy Show Recruiting Podcasts

ellitor

13 minutes ago, Beaker said:

That's what I am saying...and I think he was 5*, maybe 4.    If not, I  looked at him with such a high level of expectation.  

Yup. Definitely had high hopes. 

Fwiw, my prior response was mainly referring to the "man on a mission" observation. I said last year that the scouting report on Moultry looked a lot like the scouting report on Holland going into his junior year, and then he made that leap. Moultry went the other way last year, but now if people are saying good things about him again then I have to rehash that terrible prediction I made last year... dangit. 

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. Definitely had high hopes. 

Fwiw, my prior response was mainly referring to the "man on a mission" observation. I said last year that the scouting report on Moultry looked a lot like the scouting report on Holland going into his junior year, and then he made that leap. Moultry went the other way last year, but now if people are saying good things about him again then I have to rehash that terrible prediction I made last year... dangit. 

Gotcha...

We have a few players poised for breakout seasons:  TD and Newkirk alike.   Newkirk is a freakish kinda player if he can stay healthy.    I sure hope this team has a chance to gel and play 9-10 games.   Could be special.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure but I think Golf knows.

He knows when fire was discovered

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He knows when fire was discovered

Of course he does. He discovered it by accidentally almost burning his numnuts off.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well I did invent it...................just saying

Your wife said you've forgotten how to start one, though.

41 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Your wife said you've forgotten how to start one, though.

That's because he's too busy oggling players' girlfriends & fiancees.

-Scoob Williams: AU, Florida, UGA battle. Still plans to commit in December

-Kool Aid could commit at any point from now to December
-Coach Pearl has been big here.

-Nyland Green: Likely to wait to commit
-UGA still trending

-Dylan Brooks: 50/50 battle with the Vols

-Malcolm Johnson Jr: Recruited for the Slot WR position
-Thinks AU leads

-4* F James Graham: Likely commits to Maryland on August 17th

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Malcolm Johnson Jr: Recruited for the Slot WR position

Interesting. He fits neither the small slot (Ryan Davis) nor the big slot (Sal Canella) prototypes we've gotten used to. Maybe another sign that Chad's calling his own shots? 

I know all indications point to that being the case, but I'll still be looking for signs after we're 10 or 12 games deep into the Chad Morris Experience, lol. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting. He fits neither the small slot (Ryan Davis) nor the big slot (Sal Canella) prototypes we've gotten used to.

He is recruited for the slot because of his speed which is the major attribute we look for in our smaller slots.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe another sign that Chad's calling his own shots? 

Maybe but my guess is the biggest factor for recruiting him at the slot IMO is we missed on all our speedy small slot targets so we are looking for speed for the position no matter where we get it.

• ellitor changed the title to JBoy Show Recruiting Podcasts
7 hours ago, jared52 said:

What is “rectuiting”.

:poke:

Kind of like colonoscopy recruiting.

Archived