Harvey Updyke has died

Win4AU

I feel badly for his family, especially his grandkids.  They don't know him as the loony toons  tree-killing a**hole.  He's just their granddaddy.

He was unrepentant.  The weak half apologies he offered dripped with insincerity.  So as much as I know I should, it's hard for me to work up a lot of sadness for the man himself.  I do hope he made things right with his Maker before yesterday.

That said, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if an acorn from the Toomer's Oaks somehow magically got planted, fertilized and watered regularly by his graveside or in the front yard of his house.

I have nothing approaching sadness for Harvey Updyke at this news. For his family and friends, sure. But for him? Not a bit. 

I will add that the reaction amongst Alabama fans for the most part is not all that different from what I've seen on this board. However, there's always at least one that bleeds the crimson just like you'd expect. This screenshot is from SEC Rant:

Alabama.Rant.Updyke.Capture.PNG

29 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I have nothing approaching sadness for Harvey Updyke at this news. For his family and friends, sure. But for him? Not a bit. 

I will add that the reaction amongst Alabama fans for the most part is not all that different from what I've seen on this board. However, there's always at least one that bleeds the crimson just like you'd expect. This screenshot is from SEC Rant:

Alabama.Rant.Updyke.Capture.PNG

The Rant is hardly a representative sample. Den of trolls and fools. 

It's hard to scrape up empathy for a person who poisoned our trees for such an absurd reason and never even felt remorse over it.  The world is a slightly better place now.

27 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The Rant is hardly a representative sample. Den of trolls and fools. 

LoL's! Man, I've been on a lot of bama boards and the Rant ain't much different from the rest.  I mean TiderInsider, Bama Online, pretty much you name it. At the time Updyke did his deed, support for him on various bama boards was wide and deep.  But this isn't really the thread to talk about that. This is the thread to talk about the passing of Harvey. For most AU fans I expect he will be as little missed as he has been talked about these last years. Gone, and hopefully soon enough forgotten.

Did he ever fulfill his 'sentence' or debt to society?

And because of the thousands that publically or privately supported him,  I do not shed a tear or feel much sorrow.  It's a sad fan base and the nation is figuring it out.

• WarTiger changed the title to Harvey Updyke has died
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

And because of the thousands that publically or privately supported him,  I do not shed a tear or feel much sorrow.  It's a sad fan base and the nation is figuring it out.

not even close to paying what he was ordered. 

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

You mean did he pay even a significant portion of the ordered restitution? Nope. Not even close.

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Plant trees in his honor. Lots and lots of trees. :)

Double down on oaks and Toomer's oak saplings...

He never expressed any remorse. He constantly gloried in his crime. He kept getting dragged into court for refusing to pay legally required reparations. As far as I'm concerned, toss him in a ditch or the city dump to rot, and if I know where it is, I'll go dump on him myself.

As for his family, if he has any relatives who give a crap about him, they've never publicly disowned him or condemned his actions, as far as I know. None of his relatives ever stepped up to pay any reparations to Auburn, AFAIK. His son -- who reported his death -- has never made any statement disavowing his crime, AFAIK. So good riddance to them all.

Hate on me all you want for my opinion, but as far as the whole trash bunch of them, I. Do. Not. Care.

Please ... no trees planted anywhere in his name & certrainly not in his "honor."  That word doesn't apply to him.  There never was a chance for him to pay full restitution & deep down most of us knew it even when the penalty was announced.  Remorse?  Heck, I don't remember him ever acknowledging what he'd done even after he was convicted.  His family should not be judged by his stupid actions either, even though they are forever linked with him.  He named his dog 'Nick Saban,' his son 'Bear' & his 1st daughter 'Crimson Tyde.'  He wanted to name his 2nd daughter 'Allie (bama)' but mercifully, his wife put her foot down.   His whole existence has been sad & pathetic and the fact that he latched on to the turds -- to me, that's just emblematic of their fan base in general.  lmao 

Like most sociopaths ol' Harve was eat up inside when he stopped getting the attention he was used to. Maybe thats what killed him. Good riddance creep! 

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Like most sociopaths ol' Harve was eat up inside when he stopped getting the attention he was used to. Maybe thats what killed him. Good riddance creep! 

Pity is the only emotion I can muster. 

hey! lets go on a road trip to his grave site and we can bury some auburn stuff in the dirt above his coffin. and being that my bladder is not as dependable as it was i can take a whiz for all the auburn fans out there that might want some payback without hurting anyone.

Archived