Voltaire and Freedom of Speech

AuburnNTexas

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You are going to have a hard time with most of the American Left it seems. This is one of those third rail issues that simply cannot be questioned in the minds of some otherwise great people. Abortion and Zionism/Jewish Conspiracies, they cannot be questioned for any reason. There are so many people, hell even highly educated, normally wonderful people that will just go into the ditch as soon as the topic comes up. Good, friends with post grad degrees unfortunately are not immune from it. (sigh)

The fact that it's not uncommon on the far end of either spectrum is worrisome,  sure, but your ham-handed use of "most of the left" is pretty telling.

It's not a mainstream position on either side. In certain subsets, absolutely. Genuine tankies and certain parts of the black separatist movements on the left, the alt-right or the neo-fascists on the right. 

Careful. Still punching strawmen. 

I apologize, I was distracted watching thread after thread after thread of Whataboutisms here, i guess my laughter had me distracted..... :big:

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

I apologize, I was distracted watching thread after thread after thread of Whataboutisms here, i guess my laughter had me distracted..... :big:

But I didn't whip out a whataboutism.

I most certainly agree that there is a tinge of anti-Semitism on the far left of the spectrum, but I take issue with the assertion that you can ascribe such insanity to "most of the left." Further, it's true of both sides of the spectrum. "Horseshoe theory" and all that jazz. 

I should not have said most. True. 

But as for the right, I can’t see anyone on any MSM source allowing them to denigrate Jews. OTOH, seeing a “professed” Lefty go nuts on Israel & Zionism & Zionism is Racism happens and no one will call them out. One great criticism of Biden that is he sticking by his defense of Israel. 

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

In picture form:

horseshoetheory.jpg

This is a 100% Accurate idea of American politics. However, when anyone on the board points it out, a facepalm is guaranteed 

Archived