Defense and Steele

AuburnNTexas

@bigbird What are your thoughts about Steele’s ability and willingness to be “multiple” with his defense? Scheme variability does not seem to be his strong suit but I’m a total novice at this....

I never bought in as far as Steele defense. He's not horrible but I feel he's something like Gus as far as he's average enough to frustrate you he's not good or elite to make you top tier but he's not bad enough to pull the trigger to get him out. And that's the worse type of coach you can have imo

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I never bought in as far as Steele defense. He's not horrible but I feel he's something like Gus as far as he's average enough to frustrate you he's not good or elite to make you top tier but he's not bad enough to pull the trigger to get him out. And that's the worse type of coach you can have imo

Easy now.  He may be a little overpaid like many on the staff, but other than this year, he’s put out solid defense year in year out.  

1 hour ago, Amwest20 said:

Easy now.  He may be a little overpaid like many on the staff, but other than this year, he’s put out solid defense year in year out.  

You can have your opinion

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You can have your opinion

Ha yea I guess I can.  It was just a figure of speech.  His defense is generally top 10 every year.  I wasn’t saying your opinion had no value.  

Archived