I think Auburn might be turning a Corner

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I think my opinion on Gus is pretty clear, but I’m enjoying the heck out of these last two games and will give credit where credit is due. I know Gus has a tendency to suck through most of the season, pull out a couple of big wins, and then end the season on a sucky note that rolls right into the first half of the next one. All I’m saying is it’s hard not to enjoy what your seeing on the field, especially after the dump we’re usually treated to. We look like a team identity and a team with fight. We look like we’re actually being competently coached, and I don’t remember the last time I saw that. Just enjoy each win as they come and don’t worry how fleeting it might be. Decisions will be made later on Gus, possibly years later, so try and enjoy such positives where you find them

I actually enjoyed watching our offense today for the first time this year. Play calling was good and o line really does seem to be improving. I think Morris may be close to figuring out how to use Bo"s strengths and overcome his weaknesses. Pegues is a special player and I think Morris has figured out he needs to get him more touches. That guy is a hoss!  If Gus will leave Chad alone I think this offense can gradually get to be really good and the defense might feed off that. We know KS is a good coach. My hopes are not up too high, but we definitely looked better today, no doubt.   Gus; leave our coaches alone and see where we can go the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

You're right but I hate that it's here now that we could possibly build some momentum. Time off hasn't always been Gus's best moments. 

Has Gus ever lost after a bye week?

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Has Gus ever lost after a bye week?

Yes, UGA last year.

My comment would actually be more accurate on time off before bowl games. 

1 hour ago, Amwest20 said:

It must be because they like winning football games.... not sure. 

Bro please stop

The number of "It's just LSU" comments in this thread compared to the number of "LSU 35-Auburn 7" comments in the score prediction thread are amazing.

2 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Love beating LSU like we did today. USCe loss even more frustrating in retrospect. Getting your hopes back up and invested again only to crush them is a very Gus thing to do...2016 win steak, 2017 Amen Corner, last year vs. UGA

My guarded optimism has turned into guarded pessimism lol

I hear ya about usce.....    but it is 2020.  No spring, new stud RB, I just don’t know if anyone knew what we had.  In normal years you don’t figure it out for a couple weeks. 

7 minutes ago, meh130 said:

The number of "It's just LSU" comments in this thread compared to the number of "LSU 35-Auburn 7" comments in the score prediction thread are amazing.

37 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Go back to the Ole Miss and LSU score prediction threads.

I didn’t read them. But I expected Ole Miss to crush us. I wasn’t as sure about LSU, but definitely wouldn’t have been surprised at a loss

This is what I expected our team to look like from game one. I knew this team had the athletes to play like this. 

It was a beautiful site. I am going to enjoy this for 13 days and hope this continue. Until then, nothing is going to make me blue about Auburn football. War Eagle fam!

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

LSU is not the new Arkansas. Arkansas went winless in conference for like 3 years, and barely won games in the 2 or so years prior. LSU cue stomped the team that beat us 2 weeks ago last week. They’ve also been hauling in top 10ish recruiting classes the last few years while Arkansas has recruited horribly.

I was analogizing LSU's 2020 position as the team we catch down and blow off the field, which is normaly Arkansas. LSU is our 2020 Arkansas. And because it's 2020- that's about as far as I care to explain that previous post.

3 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Again, I want him gone. We’ve been through this song and dance before. I’m merely talking about the positives from today and how it will affect a single season. This season

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and we all have different perspectives. I don't think anybody has turned a corner, gotten much better or anything like that. I guess we may be in better shape, but we are doing what we usually do roll over teams that aren't too good and we lose to teams that has fight in them and a little edge. And we play accordingly to where they land on our schedule

2 hours ago, auskip07 said:

why does it take 5-6 games every year to run on all cylinders? 

To be honest I'm surprised Gus put Bigsby in and let this incredible freshman show out.

14 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Love beating LSU like we did today. USCe loss even more frustrating in retrospect. Getting your hopes back up and invested again only to crush them is a very Gus thing to do...2016 win steak, 2017 Amen Corner, last year vs. UGA

My guarded optimism has turned into guarded pessimism lol

you may as well should have included UGA 14-3 at kensucky yesterday???

Turning the corner is easy when you play to your strengths, take what the defense is giving you, and execute like they did yesterday. The question should be why does it take forever to figure this out? EVERY SINGLE YEAR. 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and we all have different perspectives. I don't think anybody has turned a corner, gotten much better or anything like that. I guess we may be in better shape, but we are doing what we usually do roll over teams that aren't too good and we lose to teams that has fight in them and a little edge. And we play accordingly to where they land on our schedule

Maybe you see something I don’t. At the very least we look better against inferior opponents than we have to start the season. The Auburn team that nearly lost to Arkansas and lost to South Carolina would have gotten steamrolled by LSU (and did almost lose to Ole Miss), IMO. We look different to me

Archived