Making John Durham a special counsel will cause problems for Biden

DKW 86

Making John Durham a special counsel will cause problems for Biden

Attorney General Bill Barr made two important evidentiary decisions yesterday that delivered body blows to both President Donald Trump and President-elect Joe Biden. First, Barr declared that the Justice Department has not found evidence of systemic fraud in the election. Second, he declared that there was sufficient evidence to appoint United States Attorney John Durham as a Special Counsel on the origins of the Russia probe. The move confirmed that, in a chaotic and spinning political galaxy, Bill Barr remains the one fixed and immovable object.

By appointing Durham as a Special Counsel, Barr contradicted news reports before the election that Durham was frustrated and found nothing of significance despite Barr’s pressure. Some of us expressed doubts over those reports since Durham asked for this investigation to be upgraded to a criminal matter, secured the criminal plea of former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, and asked recently for over a thousand pages of classified intelligence material.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I doubt he’s concerned.

Youre right. I suspect he will be fired in no time, around midnite, on a Friday....or a Saturday. :big:

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’d expand his role to look at DOJ abuses for the last 6 years.

:blink: Stunned you would admit that, if they went back six years, I would vote to give him $300M and extra powers to find it ALL out. 

Clinesmith is taking one for the team NO DOUBT. Having admitted to altering the email for the bogus warrant, THAT is a true assault on Democracy. 
We do not need military nor investigatory services that are not answerable for crimes nor to the people.

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

:blink: Stunned you would admit that, if they went back six years, I would vote to give him $300M and extra powers to find it ALL out. 

Clinesmith is taking one for the team NO DOUBT. Having admitted to altering the email for the bogus warrant, THAT is a true assault on Democracy. 
We do not need military nor investigatory services that are not answerable for crimes nor to the people.

6 years from today. The period he’s currently investigating and the last 4. Make it equal opportunity and nonpartisan.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

6 years from today. The period he’s currently investigating and the last 4. Make it equal opportunity and nonpartisan.

100% Support. If we want top Drain-the-Swamp as everyone says, then we have to work on draining the whole swamp. 
I really am afraid that even if they found something, the press may not get on board to out the bad guys. 

Barr has handled this very well one by repudiating the President on Election Fraud it makes it very difficult to say he is the President's toady as some have tried to say in the past. Also with the one criminal conviction so far it is hard to say nothing wrong was going on during the investigation of Trump and his subordinates. It will put Biden in a very tight space if he stops investigation when he becomes president it looks like a coverup by Biden and Democrat's and if he allows it to go forward with Trump no longer being Front Page news so even the Pro-Democratic media will have to report on it. If the investigation limits are to broad it could even find a way to bring in the Hunter Biden issue but even if it doesn't every time a Republican is interviewed they will find a way to mention it. 

Archived