Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I know it has happened in the past.  During the 2016 year I was hearing fan discontent and wanting Gus gone.  He hired Lindsey and oh did the fan base go wild.  During the 2018 year again the talk was to fire Gus and during the off-season he hired Dillingham and the fans became excited and saying we got Dilly.  Then after we lost the game to minnesota complaints that gus should be fired because we were losing to the better teams such as LSU and Georgia.  But then the fans starting cheering when he hired Morris.

I think your examples were correct at the time, but now are precisely why staff changes will NOT excite fans.  No matter who is the OC, nothing on offense changes. It is the same JV offense that has been figured out. It is a simple offense that no longer works against teams with a pulse. 

Auburn desperately needs a change with the entire coaching staff and most assuredly including Gus. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

I think your examples were correct at the time, but now are precisely why staff changes will NOT excite fans.  No matter who is the OC, nothing on offense changes. It is the same JV offense that has been figured out. It is a simple offense that no longer works against teams with a pulse. 

Auburn desperately needs a change with the entire coaching staff and most assuredly including Gus. 

I sure hope you are right.

8 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Got a link? I don't do twitter and have no idea how to find that

The thread is way too long to post on here

Just now, Paladin said:

The thread is way too long to post on here

Yeah, I tried to just link his account and it ended up displaying several of his Tweets. He doesn’t sugar coat the situation.

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

just copy and paste the link

Here's an example but it looks like every tweet was a separate link all tied back to the original two tweets on KJ Britt

I wish he would have ended the quotation from after the Tennessee game. It reads as if he predicted the COVID pandemic after the Tennessee loss. I don't have time to back through it to figure out if he was Nostradamus or just trying to tell us that he told us what we all knew. #GusBusBrokeYall

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well this is interesting. JGT said this morning if Gus is fired that IHO Napier is the 1st man up not Super Mario.

Do you think it’s cost? I know Napier doesn’t make near as much at Louisiana compared to Cristobal at Oregon. I just don’t know as much about him as Cristobal. 

I love Napier, but really want a big name proven power 5 coach.  I prefer Mario, Napier 2nd because I do think he also carries a no nonsense approach.  Besides our guys would be tough and conditioned. 

r89929_1006x566_16-9.jpg

6 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The other Pate (Josh), says Gus is still 2021 AU Coach.

I've seen 3 of his late kick podcasts this week. He's said in all of them there is smoke here but never gave a pick on if Gus returns or not. Regardless I wouldn't consider him well connected to AU.

Dude Rob Pate used to be my eye doctor. One of the nicest guys I’ve met and he’s well respected in Auburn. If he’s off the bus openly, that’s a good sign that he knows he won’t have to eat those words next year while Gus is roaming the sidelines. 

Please for all that is holy do NOT hire another non-power 5 coach. Statistics have shown that the most successful head coaches in P5 come from head coaches of other P5 schools. Second is P5 coordinators, last is non-P5 coaches. Do NOT repeat this mistake. Billy Napier is akin to Gus IMO. Successful at a lower tier, but not proven at a higher level

3 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Please for all that is holy do NOT hire another non-power 5 coach. Statistics have shown that the most successful head coaches in P5 come from head coaches of other P5 schools. Second is P5 coordinators, last is non-P5 coaches. Do NOT repeat this mistake. Billy Napier is akin to Gus IMO. Successful at a lower tier, but not proven at a higher level

FTR Napier has been a P5 OC 2 times, Clemson & Bama, Just as Gus had been the OC at AU.

This could all come back to bite me in the butt but if you’re going to make a change and the answer is Napier then wait a year and see what is available then.  

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FTR Napier has been a P5 OC 2 times, Clemson & Bama, Just as Gus had been the OC at AU.

I know but he was let go from clemson (early dabo days) and his stint at ASU was short too. Hes not a proven guy IMO

Archived