Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I’ll counter. Napier got fired at Clemson as an OC and couldn’t get the OC spot at Bama, only a position coach. Yeah he’s doing good at a group of 5 team but is he young enough to be controlled by the BOT? I don’t think he’d be bad I just think Sark would be a little better IMO. But we both agree either is light years better than Steele. 

Napier has a edge about him directly related to those event's. He hates dabo's guts for that. Especially since he was the guy who brought in tahj boyd as his lead recruiter. He basically feels like dabo used him as the fall guy. Boyd is the godfather of clemson football and transformed and shaped clemson and dabo in to the big brand name that they are today. He saved dabo's job. Napier only had Kyle freaking parker the baseball first player to work with at QB.

When saban didn't give him the OC job he could of chilled, rested on his laurels and been content with having job security continuing to be the bama wr coach for several years but he bet on himself and left the nest to become Arizona states oc and look at him now.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Napier has a edge about him directly related to those event's. He hates dabo's guts for that. Especially since he was the guy who brought in tahj boyd as his lead recruiter. Boyd is the godfather of clemson football and transformed and shaper clemson and dabo in to the big brand name that they are today. Napier only had Kyle freaking parker the baseball first player to work with at QB.

When saban didn't give him the OC job he could of chilled, rested on his laurels and been content with having job security continuing to be the bama wr coach for several years but he bet on himself and left the nest to become Arizona states oc and look at him now.

******* TELL EM GWILL IM READY FOR NAP TIME

WE'RE GONNA PUT OTHER TEAMS DREAMS TO BED

WOOOOOOOO

Bottom line Napier wants to kick dabo and sabans ass. None of this awwwww shucks I'm just so grateful for them blah blah bs. He has a hunger and fire in his belly.

Wait, so on One thread the job was offered to Sark and hear were saying he turned down an interview? do we know for a fact that Sark declined to interview?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Napier has a edge about him directly related to those event's. He hates dabo's guts for that. Especially since he was the guy who brought in tahj boyd as his lead recruiter. Boyd is the godfather of clemson football and transformed and shaper clemson and dabo in to the big brand name that they are today. Napier only had Kyle freaking parker the baseball first player to work with at QB.

Again not saying he wouldn’t do good my preference is Sark that’s all. My heart got crushed with Cristobal...

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

There's also PM saying he didn't even interview lmao 

PM also said Gus was getting a pay cut and junk like that. I don’t trust a thing that man says. 

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Wait, so on One thread the job was offered to Sark and hear were saying he turned down an interview? do we know for a fact that Sark declined to interview?

bro we don't know if the job was offered for a fact lol. Nothing revolving sark appears to be a fact 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bottom line Napier wants to kick dabo and sabans ass. None of this awwwww shucks I'm just so grateful for them blah blah bs. He has a hunger and fire in his belly.

Exactly what we need. We don’t need anybody kissing the rings. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not to mention my guy is getting 800k, he can be the face of a program, call s*** out on Twitter, has a gorgeous wife and adorable kids.

We can get him for a reasonable price and

BUILD

THESE

MOTHER

FACILITIES 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

bro we don't know if the job was offered for a fact lol. Nothing revolving sark appears to be a fact 

Sark the Shark ain't no nark

49 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude come on with this Bill Clark nonsense. Give it to Sark, Napier, or unnamed super coach. 

I feel like Clark could build Auburn into a modern version of the Tubbs teams. Hard nosed, prob fairly conservative, not going to be great at recruiting, but will be pretty well coached. All that likely gets you a few more 9-10 wins than Gus did I suppose. Definitely not a hire with much upside though...he does have lower Alabama pipes, which I believe we've all wanted out of the previous regime

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Right. He's my dude though, He best be interviewng lol

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Napier has a edge about him directly related to those event's. He hates dabo's guts for that. Especially since he was the guy who brought in tahj boyd as his lead recruiter. He basically feels like dabo used him as the fall guy. Boyd is the godfather of clemson football and transformed and shaped clemson and dabo in to the big brand name that they are today. He saved dabo's job. Napier only had Kyle freaking parker the baseball first player to work with at QB.

hf.gif

6 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

If Bill Clark gets hired then AU is looking for a new coach within 2 years

You don't know that. In fact, you're pulling it directly out of your butt. His CV is impressive. He may come here and prove he had the chops all along, or he may fail miserably. 

Either way, I'd be happy to give him a shot. There are no guarantees. Napier or Sark could fail too. Steele could succeed beyond out wildest dreams. 

Some of y'all need to step back. You're being dumb. 

Jose is talking to Auburn fans right now lol

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

You don't know that. In fact, you're pulling it directly out of your butt. He may come here and prove he had the chops all along, he may fail miserably. 

Either way, I'd be happy to give him a shot. There are no guarantees. Napier or Sark could fail too. Steele could succeed beyond out wildest dreams. 

You had me until the Steele part. No man of ill-gotten gains shall prosper. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You had me until the Steele part. No man of ill-gotten gains shall prosper. 

The world is full of bad people succeeding and good people failing. The "just world" is a fallacy.

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You don't know that. In fact, you're pulling it directly out of your butt. His CV is impressive. He may come here and prove he had the chops all along, or he may fail miserably. 

My butt knows as much as your opinion. This entire board is opinion. Fact is recruiting wins in this league and he can’t even out recruit his conference. 

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This may have just sold me on Napier. 

I still like Sark but I'd be alright with Napier.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No offense and no disrespect but how do you know he wants to do any of this...or are you just hyping your preference up.  He was let go by Dabo. Not sure what happened with him and Saban but he is no longer there. I watched his team a little this season and was not overly blown away. With that said he would still be better than Steele, but can demand and get absolute control to move Auburn football forward.  I don’t think he can and that is what Auburn needs more than ever.

Anyways, I'm excited about Napier or Sark. Upgrades in a lot of ways and not Steele. 

3 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

My butt knows as much as your opinion. This entire board is opinion. Fact is recruiting wins in this league and he can’t even out recruit his conference. 

You're the one asserting fact.

As for recruiting, it's G5. Who gives a hell if he wins the race to sign the most 3 stars? It's an unknown. He, at least, maximizes what talent he does have. 0 losing seasons, 3 straight division titles, 2 out of 3 conference titles and 4 straight bowls at UAB is nothing to scoff at. He's a good coach. Whether that carries over to coaching in the SEC remains to be seen, but that's the case with Napier too. 

Archived