Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, AUGrad1996 said:

We will just have to disagree on the WR as I feel Bama is superior there.  But I think the more salient point is the undeniable talent gap across the entire depth chart, not just one position.  Take Tank, I think he could be every bit as good if not better than Harris is at Bama.  But Harris runs behind a Bama OL that right now we don't have a single player that could break into their starting five.  Consider how much harder it is just based on that alone.  It changes everything for the play caller and also changes what the defense can do to stop you.

If Sark is hired and he is successful, it will be because he first addresses that talent gap so that the scheme matters enough to win the game against the likes of Bama and UGA.  He doesn't have to win every recruiting battle but it's going to take Top 5 type classes if we want to compete with the likes of Bama, UGA, and long term even LSU. 

It's all facilities man. Before that we're stuck at being okay to good. I have no idea if there's a way to fast track the football only facility with more money or something but it needs to be done of at least have visuals for recruits before the next recruiting class. Even if it's done in phases and you show the kids the first stage.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It's all facilities man. Before that we're stuck at being okay to good. I have no idea if there's a way to fast track the football only facility with more money or something but it needs to be done of at least have visuals for recruits before the next recruiting class. Even if it's done in phases and you show the kids the first stage.

I can't argue with you there.  We need better facilities to help fix the recruiting as well.  I think we are on the exact same page.

If CGM managed to win this year he would have been 4-4 against the greatest coach in college football with much less talent. 

There are schools drooling over him right now. 🤤 

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Screenshot_20201220-193814_Twitter.jpg

It's probably how his Twitter always is but there's no Alabama imagery anywhere in his profile pic/banner/bio

Man is he bland on Twitter though

Bump cause dammit this is funny message board rumor mill material 

30 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

If CGM managed to win this year he would have been 4-4 against the greatest coach in college football with much less talent. 

There are schools drooling over him right now. 🤤 

Okay. But he didn't win. He lost by 4 touchdowns. Against better competition we routinely lost, often in embarrassing fashion.

You are over here dreaming about a pretend victory against bama and I am thinking about an 8 point loss to 2-8 South Carolina. 

Yeah, schools are drooling.

15 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Okay. But he didn't win. He lost by 4 touchdowns. Against better competition we routinely lost, often in embarrassing fashion.

You are over here dreaming about a pretend victory against bama and I am thinking about an 8 point loss to 2-8 South Carolina. 

Yeah, schools are drooling.

This is a grass is greener situation. Sark has NFL talent and has done well with it but i will bet my paycheck he will not better Gus against the tide over 4 years. He is an alcoholic as well. Glad he has gotten control of it but it can raise its ugly head at any moment. He won’t have the big boss checking in on him. Down thumbs are welcome. 

17 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Just checking in to see if the committee has made it down the list to Tony Franklin yet?

I think it's between Barabbas and the One right now.  The predominant rumor is that our money changers want Barabbas.

1 minute ago, AUnMS said:

I think it's between Barnabas and the One right now.  The predominant rumor is that our money changers want Barnabas.

Due I miss read your post, I read it as Barabbas and not Barnabas!  I was falling over laughing. 🤣

4 minutes ago, AUnMS said:

I think it's between Barnabas and the One right now.  The predominant rumor is that our money changers want Barnabas.

I heard we are after Zacheus the tax collector . Buyout is too many sheckles

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

Due I miss read your post, I read it as Barabbas and not Barnabas!  I was falling over laughing. 🤣

That's the one.  It was hard to hear his name over the crowd.

Just now, AUnMS said:

That's the one.  It was hard to hear his name over the crowd.

+ 10 :clap:

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Maybe that’s because .....

625EEE74-8D36-46AF-BFFA-4BDED0AA8C54.jpeg

I hope you’re not suggesting that this man edits Wikipedia pages...that would be like saying that Tim Cook repairs iPhones.

We need something juicy to reach 300 pages before bed. Thoughts on Napier? 

25 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

This is a grass is greener situation. Sark has NFL talent and has done well with it but i will bet my paycheck he will not better Gus against the tide over 4 years. He is an alcoholic as well. Glad he has gotten control of it but it can raise its ugly head at any moment. He won’t have the big boss checking in on him. Down thumbs are welcome. 

Thumbs down. Not because you disagree about him being a good fit as coach, but for being a judgmental prick. Perhaps you should share some of your vices with the world so we can hold them over your head for years to come.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

That last part of the last sentence makes me want to vomit

******* Steele should be out already

Been silent this whole process trying to make heads or tails of the firing of Gus and the Steele Steele s***show rumors. No go with Mario. Am the only one who thinks that we don’t have new coach named tonight after the conference championship games really disturbing? 

Just now, sw6146 said:

Been silent this whole process trying to make heads or tails of the firing of Gus and the Steele Steele s***show rumors. No go with Mario. Am the only one who thinks that we don’t have new coach named tonight after the conference championship games really disturbing? 

No.  Coach  searches often take  weeks. 

Archived