Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Culture is what he calls his version of the process BTW.

I like culture better. It's a community it's a standard it's something you carry with you. Process is pushing something out for a purpose like making sausage.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Bro I would pay money to hear these interviews. Napier must have knocked it out the freaking park!

He got UL when he got there to up their snack budget from nothing to over a million dollars. Yes snack budget you heard that right lol. Clearly he knows how to sell himself.

Just now, watsontiger98 said:

Is a decision/announcement imminent?

If he accepts the job. Which I hope like hell he does!

YES!! Napier has his stuff together at ULL.  Of course there's some risk involved in this hire, but I am all for giving him a shot.  He is tough, charismatic, and has a high ceiling. If this pans out I'm going to be pumped.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

247 is saying Napier is going to be offered the job. Says steele and sark have not even interviewed.

I hope he not being asked to keep Steele in any capacity. 

This article outlines what kind of program we can expect if he is indeed our next coach with his culture. Aka the process. 

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

Just now, PoetTiger said:

I hope he not being asked to keep Steele in any capacity. 

I agree. Steele needs to be punted completely out of Auburn for good.

Supposedly he’s been offered.

Anyone have his number? I want to sell him on getting Derek Mason as his DC lol. 

The PTB nonsense goes on at most colleges and universities, even in the smaller ecosystems. When donors shell out $$$ they expect access, they expect influence, they expect things their way and they expect results. Sometimes these things are not mutually inclusive, but that's they way it works everywhere to one degree or another.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I like culture better. It's a community it's a standard it's something you carry with you. Process is pushing something out for a purpose like making sausage.

Yes sir!!! Def has a better ring to it. Let's goooo!!!

Just now, Zeek said:

Anyone have his number? I want to sell him on getting Derek Mason as his DC lol. 

Man could I get behind that. We aren’t ready for that kind of awesomeness 

Give him what he wants and get him here! Most importantly GET KEVIN STEELE OUT OF OUR PROGRAM. Also, pull out of the bowl game. Don’t see a reason to play it. Let’s the guys reset and adjust to the new coach. I do not want Kevin Steele even coaching a bowl. 

Just now, wcware said:

Man could I get behind that. We aren’t ready for that kind of awesomeness 

Screenshot_20201221-082517_Twitter.jpg

Look at this man's swag!

Defensive genius

Could recruit like crazy 

Bo could still get his first-black-DC dream fulfilled lol

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Get him in a presser tonight, meet with the team for dinner, schedule practices, and get Steele tf outta town 

Didnt know much about Napier before this search but after researching him and seeing these posts he is the guy we need.  He has his G5 positions playing better than a lot of P5 schools.  Hire him, let him coach ULL's bowl game then get him here for our bowl week next week.

Archived