Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sw6146 said:

Been silent this whole process trying to make heads or tails of the firing of Gus and the Steele Steele s***show rumors. No go with Mario. Am the only one who thinks that we don’t have new coach named tonight after the conference championship games really disturbing? 

Means that we are gonna JABA like we always do and hire a group of 5 coach like Clark or Napier and not get a proven head coach like Sark or Cristobal. Only thing we’ve been able to do as a fan group is not allow Steele to be hired. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

who is Brent!?!? Lol

Venables probably 

38 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

This is a grass is greener situation. Sark has NFL talent and has done well with it but i will bet my paycheck he will not better Gus against the tide over 4 years. He is an alcoholic as well. Glad he has gotten control of it but it can raise its ugly head at any moment. He won’t have the big boss checking in on him. Down thumbs are welcome. 

We gonna give him 8 years before we start the comparison. Gus 8 years in was an embarrassment. 

8 minutes ago, sw6146 said:

Been silent this whole process trying to make heads or tails of the firing of Gus and the Steele Steele s***show rumors. No go with Mario. Am the only one who thinks that we don’t have new coach named tonight after the conference championship games really disturbing? 

I think it's disturbing that a coach was fired the week of NSD and given $21MM with nobody secured as the next head coach.  Once I got my mind wrapped around those facts, I can think any level of incompetence is possible.  But Steele still being involved really tests those limits and just never ceases to shock my system when I pause to really think that through.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

We gonna give him 8 years before we start the comparison. Gus 8 years in was an embarrassment. 

Unless sark put together a top tier staff I don’t think we’d see much of a difference honestly. Just my opinion 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Jmo, but if we hire Sark, I don't think he'll last 8 years. I prefer Clark over him tbh

4 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Clark is impressive. I'm not sure that he's what we need right now but I'd welcome him over Steele by far. 

2 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

It hurts to read that the head coach of UAB...is a long shot for Auburn. How is that even a thing???

Because he loves what he has been doing at UAB. It’s hard to sway a man who has that kind of belief in his body of work. I have thought all along Clark was a long shot if he felt he couldn’t have the control to do what he has done at UAB at another program. I think Clark gets you a ton of integrity. Does that win games at Auburn? Not sure but I agree it’s a long shot. 

15 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Just what every Top 10 program really wants for Christmas:  Bill Clark as their Head Football Coach.  

yay!

wasn't Bill Clark's name brought up often as a good head coach candidate for the last few years? has something changed here?

Archived