Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Or maybe it’s a ploy to appease the #stopsteele movement and get some heat off their back until they say well Steele interviewed after Napier and crushed it and becomes head coach. Sorry but until JABA shows me different I have a pessimistic outlook.... Keep fighting the good fight everyone! Hold!!! #stopsteele #draintheplains 

91609102-7D0E-4F1F-BDF0-AF982915EEBD.gif

These are my feelings also. Until they hire someone else other than KS I will believe they are just trying to shut everyone up 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

247 is saying Napier is going to be offered the job. Says steele and sark have not even interviewed.

The second half would be surprising. Golf said Sark definitely interviewed. Steele would have to have interviewed unless he's choosing to go last or something weird.

8 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

There is NO way Napier turns this job down if truly given a good, genuine offer (the last part is imperative.) If he doesn’t end up being Auburn’s next head coach then THE FIX IS IN. 

Ayyyyy knock on wood dawg!!! He's already turned down mississippi state and ole miss before us. Now we are much more appealing and successful program than them buuuuuuuut This is JABA after all!!! Pleaaaaase your making me nervous.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The second half would be surprising. Golf said Sark definitely interviewed. Steele would have to have interviewed unless he's choosing to go last or something weird.

Napier game Saturday got cancelled. I could of seen him blowing them away selling them on how he has run ULL exactly step by step like the process at you know where albeit on a much smaller Budget and then after you put the pieces together makes sense why tony elliot came out saying he was not interviewing and all of that jazz. 

He has by far the biggest support staff for a group of 5 school. Would love to see what he would do with our resources.

I wanted us to make a run at Mario (maybe we did depending on who you talk to) but Napier was #2 on my list of coaches that were getable for us. You can't float it to the fanbase that he's our guy and then plug in Steele at the last minute. That's how you get people canceling tickets and donations en masse. 

Get him in a presser tonight, meet with the team for dinner, schedule practices, and get Steele tf outta town 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Sark did interview 

As long as steele is not our head coach I am gucci golf!!! Woooo

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

As long as steele is not our head coach I am gucci golf!!! Woooo

Bro I would pay money to hear these interviews. Napier must have knocked it out the freaking park!

I want us to make the right hire and I would be good with Sark, Napier, Venables, Myer, Freeze, Kiffin, Belichick, B Stoops, Clark or Swinney. Not in any particular order. Let's get it done by Christmas! 

Coach Napier was in my top 3 so keeping my fingers crossed!

Culture is what he calls his version of the process BTW.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ayyyyy knock on wood dawg!!! He's already turned down mississippi state and ole miss before us. Now we are much more appealing and successful program than them buuuuuuuut This is JABA after all!!! Pleaaaaase your making me nervous.

Hahaha. Honestly I typed it out and then erased it because I got nervous myself!! I knocked on plenty of wood. I guess I could say I’d be shocked if he turned it down if given a genuine offer. I’d feel like a fix is in. Even if he actually turned it down. I’d still say something is up. 

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Do you think that there is any world in which Napier (if hired) keeps KS. Please tell me No

When it comes to Auburn who the hell knows but I highly doubt it

Archived