Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

I'd be over the moon if we reel in Clark. A guy that can turn UAB into a winner definitely has the chops. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I cannot f@#$&n believe such a statement is out there that states IF kevin steele is not the favorite. Gawwwwwwwd we are so embarrassing and show it time and time again when it comes to important decisions regarding our cash cow 🐄🐮 the football program.

I can talk myself in to almost any decent and solid candidate but kevin steele?!?! F that. Nahhhhh man. 

Phillip Marshall talking some s*** about Sark backing out of his interview 

Just now, Zeek said:

I hope it's because Napier is the guy and not that the dumbass good ol boys got their way about steele.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

There's going to be a lot of sound, fury and stupid until we make a hire. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

If what's being said about the folks making the moves behind the scenes is true, I don't blame Sark for excusing himself from this party.

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c1ubjzm5wjn6hgr5bg

I can't celebrate until I officially see that kevin steele didn't get the job And his ass is sent packing from Auburn permanently.

Imagine posting publicly about having Elliott and Sark interview just to fail go get them for an interview. It's ******* zoom calls bro no logistics 

21 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

It hurts to read that the head coach of UAB...is a long shot for Auburn. How is that even a thing???

I read it to mean that he’s a long shot to be offered the job, not a long shot to accept the job.

25 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Means that we are gonna JABA like we always do and hire a group of 5 coach like Clark or Napier and not get a proven head coach like Sark or Cristobal. Only thing we’ve been able to do as a fan group is not allow Steele to be hired. 

I would take Napier any day over sark. Sark is fools gold 🥇. Every oc since kiffin changed sabans ground and pound offense to a wide open modern system has looked like a genius.

How Sark's interview should have gone

Sark, "so this guy is your lead candidate right?"

*gestures to Steele sitting in on the meeting wearing a cheap fake mustache disguise*

*board of trustees nods*

Sark, "and he's in charge of the defense right?"

*everyone nods*

Sark, "and you know I run Bama's offense right? "

*everyone nods*

Sark, "well let me show you Exhibit A"

Screenshot_20201220-221138_Chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Unless sark put together a top tier staff I don’t think we’d see much of a difference honestly. Just my opinion 

I have no reason to believe he wouldn’t put together a top notch staff. That’s kind of what we are paying for. That should be a given. 

26 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

who is Brent!?!? Lol

Lee hunter loves Steele. He's the only reason we kept him and that he actually signed. But nahhhhh f that he better not be our head coach. 

Venables has been very picky like kirby was when he was DC at bama for several years. I think venables would actually pop for AU and agree to be our head coach if we offer him the job. Him interviewing is a miracle as it is. He rarely if ever even does that.

1 minute ago, PikesEagle said:

So, what happened with the "earth shattering" individual or was that just a smoke screen like this entire coaching search appears to be?

247 said today it was just rumblings about james franklin.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would take Napier any day over sark. Sark is fools gold 🥇. Every oc since kiffin changed sabans ground and pound offense to a wide open modern system has looked like a genius.

I’ll counter. Napier got fired at Clemson as an OC and couldn’t get the OC spot at Bama, only a position coach. Yeah he’s doing good at a group of 5 team but is he young enough to be controlled by the BOT? I don’t think he’d be bad I just think Sark would be a little better IMO. But we both agree either is light years better than Steele. 

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Auburn is fishing for a coach to keep the JABA mentality in place. See Clark or Napier...they probably will not challenge the status quo, like Sark or Elliot would.

Oh FFS. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

There’s some smoke that Sark won the job 

There's also PM saying he didn't even interview lmao 

Archived