Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet. War Blogle is reporting that Lincoln Riley has reached out to Auburn, showing interest in the job. 

Thoughts?

If it is true, I'd think he's just trying to play us like Cristobal did. He has it made at Oklahoma, and I can't see an advantage for him coaching here. 

Warblogle is a douchebag

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, coosa_moron said:

I could even live with Steele,  if the following conditions were met:

- #1. with a underlines and squiggly faces. Dynamite OC. NOT MIKE FREAKING BOBO. Come ON!!!!!!!!! Someone who can coach AND bring in the talent. Someone with connections.

-"GM Type Coach" situation. It's what Dabo does. It's what Coach O does. It makes sense. If we could keep the "good parts" of 2017-19 and not the impotent O from the "Offensive Guru", okay, fine.

-Have Rodney Garner as DC, being groomed to be our first African American head coach and our first Auburn Man head coach since Barfield.

If we're "hiring a culture", the defense had had some truly incredible "highs". Some would give Muschamp the credit for  '17 and '19's D, but I don't know what to say to that. 

If this was "the plan" the whole time, then I wouldn't be near as mad. However, the maddest I was at Malzahn, was at his offense, as I know if you're reading this, you have been mad as heck that so much was wasted on his offenses from 2015-20. So much talent on both sides of the ball not given a chance because Goofball had to have his way. I thought this was why 20 something million dollars was spent to get him out.

Sark doesn't impress me. It's not because of a "Creed Monster" thing, I assure you. I have friends from UW and they spit on him, I've talked to USC fans who did not like him too. I thought he was brought in because he was from the same school of thought as Lane and sabeykins HATED Lane as a person...

So much wrong with this.   

1).  Bobo is actually a good coach.   Not a “splash “ as you say.   But a good teacher and development coach 

2).  Rodney Gardner is not a DC.  I will give him that he is a good recruiter.   Not a DC

3)every school that a coach leaves is going to have ill will towards him

4). Sarkisian >Steele 

5) Auburn doesn’t need an Auburn man to be successful 

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Am I the only one that doesn't even read noob posts anymore?

Yikes...Guess I'll see myself out 😅

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

So much wrong with this.   

1).  Bobo is actually a good coach.   Not a “splash “ as you say.   But a good teacher and development coach 

2).  Rodney Gardner is not a DC.  I will give him that he is a good recruiter.   Not a DC

3)every school that a coach leaves is going to have ill will towards him

4). Sarkisian >Steele 

5) Auburn doesn’t need an Auburn man to be successful 

The issue with Bobo is his scheme. Bobo would be a great hire if this was 2005. He runs an outdated offense. 

2 minutes ago, Neek said:

Yikes...Guess I'll see myself out 😅

You didnt sign up yesterday and then write a book about why everyone is wrong and Steele is perfect and Jimmy walks on water, didja?

No?  Then you're fine, lol.

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Actually, I read some of them. 

If they're "concerned" or pro-BOT/pro-Steele w/conditions, I Ignore them.  Never used the Ignore feature much, but lately I'm gaining a whole new appreciation.  Really not gonna waste any time on them.  

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What did War Blogle do? I completely missed this story. 

He broke a story that Watson was in Auburn on a secret trip with good possibility that he flipped to us.  Until the news got out.

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Actually, I read some of them. 

If they're "concerned" or pro-BOT/pro-Steele w/conditions, I Ignore them.  Never used the Ignore feature much, but lately I'm gaining a whole new appreciation.  Really not gonna waste any time on them.  

I'm new poster here but have been watching for a long time.  Steele is a horrible pick.  Hopefully the StopSteele stuff keeps going and he is passed on.  I hope the BOT is not trying to make it a requirement that he is kept, I don't even want Steele to coach the bowl game.

3 hours ago, Taco said:

Yes absolutely. Mario has had some bad losses and choked away games he should have won. 

But what brings me back to Mario being a home run every time is his recruiting. What he’s done on the trails at every stop. I think what he’s building in Oregon is something sustainable out west, and TBH, unless he wants to come down to the SEC, I’d stay out there and turn Oregon into a powerhouse of the West that’s been missing since USC in the 2000s. 

Again I like Freeze. It’s probably the first name I thought until I did research on Mario. I guess I’m just a lil skeptical about Freeze a little still, but I would be happy if he was named our next HC. 

I feel exactly the same way.  My Bama friends can't understand why I'd not want Sark over Cristobal.  Sark is a fine OC but you put AU's players running those plays against Bama or UGA, does anyone really think our guys are running open like that?  It's not just scheme, it's talent.  There's a reason they are 4 and 5 star guys. 

For those critical of MC's gameday coaching and game management, I agree.  That can be fixed with time.  And for mistakes he may make along the way, superior talent often covers for things like that.  Right now we could have Bill Belichick coaching our roster and Adam Gase coaching UGA's or Bama's roster and we would lose most every time.  Talent matters.  You have to be within striking distance talent wise before gameday coaching even comes into play.

2 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

He broke a story that Watson was in Auburn on a secret trip with good possibility that he flipped to us.  Until the news got out.

I remember that but wasn't aware of who leaked it.

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

You didnt sign up yesterday and then write a book about why everyone is wrong and Steele is perfect and Jimmy walks on water, didja?

No?  Then you're fine, lol.

Admittedly, I'm much more of a lurker than an actual poster. But I guess my 6 posts in 2 years speaks for itself lol

16 minutes ago, The Freak said:

They’re everywhere on this coach search! I’m beginning to think some of these are trolls.

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

JGT has updated the Hot Board. Free preview shows it as:

1A/1B (30% each): Steele and Napier

2 (20%): Sark

3 (10%): Cristobal

4 (8%): Lane Train

5 (2%): Neal Brown

If Cristobal is even the lowly 10%, go get him!  I thought that ship had completely sailed.

Just now, AubieinNC2009 said:

I'm new poster here but have been watching for a long time.  Steele is a horrible pick.  Hopefully the StopSteele stuff keeps going and he is passed on.  I hope the BOT is not trying to make it a requirement that he is kept, I don't even want Steele to coach the bowl game.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd....

not blocked

But I've got my eye on you.   👁️ 

2 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

Welcome to the party. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Maybe because that is what they are seeing/hearing themselves? 

It makes sense that they keep giving KS such a high percentage if thats what the PTB want.

I mean im not a member but it makes sense that they have been reporting KS since the beginning if thats what they are seeing and hearing themselves. 

If we are to believe what RiR said about whats gone on behind the scenes, it would make perfect sence as to why they keep saying KS will get the job. Doesnt mean thats who they want. It just makes sense they report what they hear

Bruhhh I just want to have sweet nothings of what I want to hear whispered in to my ear. Steele is the absolute worst case scenario for me. Rather have mike dubose or ronnie Cottrell as our next head coach!!! LMAO 😂🤣😭

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruhhh I just want to have sweet nothings of what I want to hear whispered in to my ear. Steele is the absolute worst case scenario for me. Rather have mike dubose or ronnie Cottrell as our next head coach!!! LMAO 😂🤣😭

I dont disagree with this at all. I would probably turn into a UAB fan. Id be done with Auburn until Steele and everything to do with him was gone

30 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

Welcome aboard. 

31 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

Amen.

Screw steele screw the bowl 

Archived