2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He did sign on early signing day.

Just saw. It didn't show the check by his name but his profile has it. 

No clue who the flip will be. 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

I should be more excited, but the pandemic and ESD have dang near killed it for me.

The only thing that really has me alert right now is the flip Urcher tweeted about last night & waiting to see who it is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The only thing that really has me alert right now is the flip Urcher tweeted about last night & waiting to see who it is.

Same here. Keith seems to have no idea either so it's truly a mystery. He confirmed it's not Bridges or Brooks (though we're expected to get both those two aren't the ones being alluded to).

So bizarre. I know all the reasons why, but this used to be Black Friday for page refreshes on this site, and it's more dead this morning than it's been all week. Change is the only constant.

• Like 2

3* OT Colby Smith is the first official NLI announced in the Harsin era

• Like 3

Dawson is in! Sticking with AU 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

4-star ATH Tar'varish Dawson sticks with Auburn

12 minutes ago

You can breathe a sigh of relief, Auburn fans. Tar'varish Dawson isn't going anywhere.

The 4-star athlete from Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh, who committed last May but chose not to sign in December after former Auburn coach Gus Malzahn was fired, will sign with Auburn to give the first recruiting class of new coach Bryan Harsin a big lift. The Tigers held off programs such as Texas A&M and Tennessee to keep the Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh standout in the class.

Dawson is the No. 13 athlete overall nationally in the 2021 class for 247Sports. In the industry generated 247Sports Composite, he's a 3-star.

Dawson is listed at 5-feet-10, 175 pounds. He finished his senior season with 690 receiving yards and 290 rushing yards on 34 attempts. On defense, he had seven interceptions.

At Auburn, the speedy Dawson is expected to be primarily used at receiver.

Dawson has visited Auburn just once. That trip actually came last weekend. Due to NCAA dead period rules, Dawson could not meet with Auburn coaches and staff on the visit. According to our intel, he nonetheless had a great trip.

Now, he's officially an Auburn Tiger.

This is Dawson's 247Sports evaluation: On the smaller side, but body is still growing and filling out. Lightening fast not only on the track with a 10.58 in the 100-meter dash, but also on the football field. Being recruited by some schools to play cornerback at the next level and others to catch passes as a wide receiver. Can flip his hips and spring in any direction. Solid ball skills. Dangerous in the return game. Will need to get more physical in college. Also needs to improve open-field tackling if he’s going to be a defensive guy. Just an overall speedy playmaker that should be able to make an impact somewhere for a Power 5 program once he settles on a position. NFL potential given how he moves.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol at holding off A&M for him. Per Keith 2 days ago the Aggies didn't even send him a NLI.

• Like 1

Trevin Wallace to Kentucky is official. Again, nothing to complain about. It's been the case for a minute now though we were holding out hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Trevin Wallace to Kentucky is official. Again, nothing to complain about. It's been the case for a minute now though we were holding out hope.

@Zeek That reminds me. Let's not delete guys in the OP we miss. Let's strike through their names & put out to the side who they signed with so we have a record of it.

• Like 1

Just reading the scouting report on Dawson makes me think he'd be better at corner, given his height and his apparent ability to flip his hips in coverage, but I'm certainly not going to complain about a speedy receiver coming on board, either.

• Like 1