2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What a refreshing change of pace!

First high school OT signed in almost 4 years IIRC

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek That reminds me. Let's not delete guys in the OP we miss. Let's strike through their names & put out to the side who they signed with so we have a record of it.

LOL I see...

tenor.gif

• Love 1

Big win here. I think we only started talking to him almost a week ago and he should have 4 years to play IIRC (from JuCo) thanks to the extra year of eligibility.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Big win here. I think we only started talking to him almost a week ago and he should have 4 years to play IIRC (from JuCo) thanks to the extra year of eligibility.

Will be interesting to see how his career pans out at AU and what happes with TW at UK. I think things have a way of working themselves out in the long run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Do we know if it is pronounce Joe-ko or Jock-O?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LOL I see...

tenor.gif

Lol dang I didn't see that post! You're rubbing off on me.

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Just reading the scouting report on Dawson makes me think he'd be better at corner, given his height and his apparent ability to flip his hips in coverage, but I'm certainly not going to complain about a speedy receiver coming on board, either.

@Rednilla 5'10-5'11 is not tall for a CB nowadays. One of the reasons AU & other teams wanted him at WR is because they think he would struggle with the taller WRs that are predominant in college football today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla 5'10-5'11 is not tall for a CB nowadays. One of the reasons AU & other teams wanted him at WR is because they think he would struggle with the taller WRs that are predominant in college football today.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense. I'm just used to the 5'10 type of guys being DBs more than WRs. Whatever. As long as he can help out, and everything suggests he will be able to, I'm happy.

• Like 2

Just now, ellitor said:

Agreed. We had started recruiting taller corners the last couple years and the new staff is continuing that. I think most of our young guys and the guys we're recruiting now are 6'0 and over.

Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill and Antonio Brown are two of the most dominant WRs of the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do we know if it is pronounce Joe-ko or Jock-O?

I'm saying Jock-O for now like Jocko Willink but I don't know.

I will ask Keith.

30 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Underrated band in my opinion

Totally unequivocally one of the best especially musician wise. Seen them in concert over 15 time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Ah, I suppose that makes sense. I'm just used to the 5'10 type of guys being DBs more than WRs. Whatever. As long as he can help out, and everything suggests he will be able to, I'm happy.

Noah Iggy was only 5'11 but he had tremendous length for a 5'11 guy and insane athleticism. If CBS are going to be under 6'0 they have to be special kind of guys to make it. That was one thing I hated in the chizik and early Malzahn era were 5'9 CBs. 

We’ve got an NLI from AD Diamond, a DB from Blount in Mobile.  I don’t know anything about him but he’s in the class now.  WDE!

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Noah Iggy was only 5'11 but he had tremendous length for a 5'11 guy and insane athleticism. If CBS are going to be under 6'0 they have to be special kind of guys to make it. That was one thing I hated in the chizik and early Malzahn era were 5'9 CBs. 

Ever since FSU "Mossed" us in the Natty I've wanted taller DBs...

• Like 2

Just now, Zeek said:

Ever since FSU "Mossed" us in the Natty I've wanted taller DBs...

Yep. I almost mentioned that in the prev. post. Every since Kelvin Benjamen mossed Chris Davis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

We’ve got an NLI from AD Diamond, a DB from Blount in Mobile.  I don’t know anything about him but he’s in the class now.  WDE!

Nvm I see now he was in on early signing day.  

Kablooey!!!!

Edited by toddc

Just now, woodford said:

Wtf??

Yup. All JuCo/Transfer/OGs before that.

• Like 1