2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

Harsin has to be top 10 next year, its non negotiable. I think we will be, but who knows at this point.  

I'm just thinking back to 2008 when everybody's was freaking out about how we filled in the remaining spots in the class.  It didn't kill us and we won a natty 3 seasons later.  I agree, we need to be around top 10-15 next year.  Top 5 + Cam Newton the following year wouldnt hurt either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

Harsin has to be top 10 next year, its non negotiable.

@WinstonMcFlurry No he doesn't & Top 10 for the 1st full class next year is not even realistic. Realistic goal should be Top 15 & work up from there in future classes.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

In the SEC absolutely, we already struggling to keep up while pulling in top 15 classes. I hope Harsin can develop these guys and get them playing up to their potential but a class of majority 3 stars is disaster, even given the circumstances. What's gonna happen, like with basketball, is in year 3 and 4 we will have very few good upperclassmen meaning we will not be winning. There's a reason why Bama had one of the best teams of all time when a bunch of seniors came back. I don't care how good a coach Harsin is, without top 10 recruiting we are not winning anything .    

248DA6F7-65BC-4570-8897-223344F83B58.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would be amazed if any of the above DIDN'T end up at Auburn

Me to but this year with all that has happened I am more cautious in what I expect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

Harsin has to be top 10 next year, its non negotiable. I think we will be, but who knows at this point.  

If given the choice of a Top 10 class coached by Gus or this years class  coached by Harsin, I’ll take this year all day long. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I wonder if Jadarrius Perkins has signed with Mizzou yet.  Zac Etheridge was pushing hard for him and his family wanted him closer to home (from Miss) makes me wonder if he might be our flip.

This is probably the best case scenario flip

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@WinstonMcFlurry No he doesn't & Top 10 for the 1st full class next year is not even realistic. Realistic goal should be Top 15 & work up from there in future classes.

C'mon man.  2022 is going to be his first full year and yes he should be top 10.  Gus's pathetic recruiting has been borderline top 10.  Auburn has proven countless times we can be a top 10 recruiting team.

1 minute ago, AUMicBK said:

lol was just gonna say hope we didn't spoil his announcement.

Might have lol

To be fair, it's been known for a minute.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

C'mon man.  2022 is going to be his first full year and yes he should be top 10.  Gus's pathetic recruiting has been borderline top 10.  Auburn has proven countless times we can be a top 10 recruiting team.

Of course we can— but relationships matter and this staff is starting with rising seniors.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Might have lol

To be fair, it's been known for a minute.

something like this happens every year 🤦‍♂️ they need one of us obsessives run NSD social media lol

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

C'mon man.  2022 is going to be his first full year and yes he should be top 10.

@W.E.D With all the disadvantages we will still have the 1st full year it should not be expected. Most of our coaches are starting their jobs now at major relationship disadvantages to coaches & schools we are competing against. Also it will pretty much be October before we can put a product on the field that will have an opportunity to open the doors & minds of the more sought after recruits. By then most of them are going to be done with the recruiting process or near the finish line. Would take an absolute Herculean effort to be top 10 year 1.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

something like this happens every year 🤦‍♂️ they need one of us obsessives run NSD social media lol

I would stab someone for that kind of job lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

In the SEC absolutely, we already struggling to keep up while pulling in top 15 classes. I hope Harsin can develop these guys and get them playing up to their potential but a class of majority 3 stars is disaster, even given the circumstances. What's gonna happen, like with basketball, is in year 3 and 4 we will have very few good upperclassmen meaning we will not be winning. There's a reason why Bama had one of the best teams of all time when a bunch of seniors came back. I don't care how good a coach Harsin is, without top 10 recruiting we are not winning anything .    

Everybody knows all that. It's your overly dramatic way of saying it with which most sane folks are taking issue.

"Kill the program"? That's just silly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Everybody knows all that. It's your overly dramatic way of saying it with which most sane folks are taking issue.

"Kill the program"? That's just silly. 

Top 15 next year would be reasonable and great. Top 10 the year after that. Then the goal from there on out should be cracking the top 5 range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D With all the disadvantages we will still have the 1st full year it should not be expected. Most of our coaches are starting their jobs now at major relationship disadvantages to coaches & schools we are competing against. Also it will pretty much be October before we can put a product on the field that will have an opportunity to open the doors & minds of the more sought after recruits. By then most of them are going to be done with the recruiting process or near the finish line. Would take an absolute Herculean effort to be top 10 year 1.

Both Coordinators have deep connections across the SE.  So do Friend, so does Carnell, so should our WR coach.  The connections are there.  They need to show they are elite recruiters and sell these kids on Auburn & Harsin.

There is a massive gap between the top 3 and back end of the top 10.  We aren't going to be loaded with 5*, but there are enough 4* kids from 100 - 350 to fill out a quality class that should sit in the 7-10 range.  You're selling Auburn short

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Top 15 next year would be reasonable and great. Top 10 the year after that. Then the goal from there on out should be cracking the top 5 range.

I think I agree. Honestly, we should be in the top 15 just by being named Auburn. But I could imagine that we might have to go a little wonky next year to address needs. Be a little lopsided at certain positions, go diamond mining out west, etc just to get the roster balanced again. After that, yeah, we should be aiming really high. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wish that would be a goal, but I don't even remember Auburn ever having a top 5 class, have we?  If our yearly goal is to actually be top 5 (which I'm honestly not sure is possible unless we're getting that bag game going a little better, which I'm OK with), we should be able to crack the top 10 in the first year.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think I agree. Honestly, we should be in the top 15 just by being named Auburn. But I could imagine that we might have to go a little wonky next year to address needs. Be a little lopsided at certain positions, go diamond mining out west, etc just to get the roster balanced again. After that, yeah, we should be aiming really high. 

If we have 25 next year (does it become 24 if we give the Long Snapper a spot?)

2 QBs

2 RBs

2-3 WRs

3-5 OL

2-3 DL

3-4 LB

2-3 CB/S

1 K

Something like that. We're currently #20 in the 2022 class with three commits. I think Holden's ranking will skyrocket and help there. Not huge on Jarell Stinson (3* currently listed at 5'10" but he's mentioned in his bio as a RB on 247 so no clue).

• Like 1