Poll: Predicted Outcome

caleb1633

Poll: Predicted Outcome  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think will be the outcome of the HC search?

• The BOT will select one of the named candidates (e.g., Napier, Elliott, etc.)
    • The BOT actually land this "earth shattering" hire
    • The BOT will blow smoke up our skirts and ultimately stick with Steele

I think there's three most likely scenarios that will play out over the next week. Will Auburn go through the interview process and choose the most qualified person for the job? Will they "release the kraken" and shatter the earth with an elite hire? Or will they use all of this to still JABA their way into hiring CKS?

I voted for the proverbial earth shatterer, but only because I don't think it will be either of the other two options.  

I have little to no faith in our leadership to be able to execute this transition effectively, so I think we'll fiddle fart around and end up with Les Miles or Derek Dooley or Kevin Sumlin, someone like that.  I truly do.

WDE!

I’m at the point I don’t care.  If Steele gets the job I figure half the team enters the transfer portal.  Replace half of those guys with JUCO transfers and win six games.  Rinse and repeat for a few years until Chizik comes back.  

Fifteen years from now some a-hole Bammer fan will make up one of those memes saying “no Auburn fan has ever teleported anywhere after an Iron Bowl win” like they have with those memes about Tennessee fans and iPhones.  

I voted that I thought they'd go with Steele. My actual prediction is option 4. They try to land one of the candidates from option 1 unsuccessfully, and end up making bad hire that we didn't expect. I thought the "Steele" option was the closest because it implied that they effed it up. 

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I voted that I thought they'd go with Steele. My actual prediction is option 4. They try to land one of the candidates from option 1 unsuccessfully, and end up making bad hire that we didn't expect. I thought the "Steele" option was the closest because it implied that they effed it up. 

Yeah, that is another possible outcome. Didn't think of that one. My Game Theory model must be broken lol.

I think they're arrogant enough to push Steele through, but could try to hire someone even worse out of spite to punish us for challenging their divine right to rule.  

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I think they're arrogant enough to push Steele through, but could try to hire someone even worse out of spite to punish us for challenging their divine right to rule.  

And they can and will be held accountable either way. They may think they're untouchable, but they aren't.

Archived