Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

Zeek

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I bet he has high cholesterol 

Don't give a s*** about any of his personal appearance, just that he can coach and motivate young men to reach their potential and get to the NFL.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, auburnphan said:

Don't give a s*** about any of his personal appearance, just that he can coach and motivate young men to reach their potential and get to the NFL.

Geesh, chill out. It was a JOKE.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you better get ready to be disappointed. 

I'm an Auburn sports fan I'm always prepared

My favorite quote.

We know his approach in the weight room and other performance areas will make our players better all-around, especially as he specializes with our men up front on the offensive and defensive lines.”

His appearance means nothing what he does with his players means a lot.  Low rated O-Line out of HS and converted D-Line guys becoming a solid O-Line means players were developed physically and by their position coaches.  Lets see what our players look like and more importantly play like after a year in his program.

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

I'm not going to lie everytime my gym tries to get me to try a personal trainer I always chuckle and tell myself " I am in way better shape than they are." I guess my point is just because you aren't in shape doesn't mean you don't have the knowledge to teach people how get in shape and condition their bodies. I mean look at most football coaches now a days. Most played football and you would never know it by looking at them. Saban is a midget and he played db at Kent State. I met Spurrier once and I couldn't stop thinking "This short scrawny guy was a Heisman trophy winner?" Both those guys are great football coaches though. All I'm saying is give the guy a chance. Couldn't be any worse than we have now.

No he doesn't look like the Rock, but he'll be ready to hit the ground running the minute he arrives. Very, very important first step towards transforming the mindset and attitudes of the players.

37 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Seeing as most of us knew nothing Harsin prior to his hiring, maybe we could wait to pass judgement til we’ve heard Pittman speak and understand what he’s about. 

Just saying it can't be the best resume Auburn is capable of attracting.

I said in my post I believe in Harsin and support him. Just think we could have made a better choice.

If I'm hiring essentially a personal trainer for an athletic team I'd prefer a younger more energetic and in shape person. 

I'm allowed to have a preference dangit!

Best strength coach I ever saw up close in baseball was an overweight dude who couldn't swing a bat.

This dude is taking lower rated, objectively smaller dudes and having them stand toe to toe with P5 teams every year.  And they're getting drafted.  I'm good.

Geez, we sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. I know I do too sometimes but good grief. I read where some people say "our OL and DL looked soft and got pushed around", then "this guy doesnt look like he knows what he's doing". 

Can we please trust the coach. It will take a year or 2 to see if he is ok or not but at least let the guy get on campus and get to work. 

2 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Geez, we sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. I know I do too sometimes but good grief. I read where some people say "our OL and DL looked soft and got pushed around", then "this guy doesnt look like he knows what he's doing". 

Can we please trust the coach. It will take a year or 2 to see if he is ok or not but at least let the guy get on campus and get to work. 

You know how sports forums work right?

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not going to act like I’m an expert at knowing what it takes to be able to provide strength and nutrition , etc. 

But I do know it is more than just looks and age. This guy has been around the block, he has an extensive history in power lifting and education in nutrition. Furthermore, he is familiar with coach and understands what he wants in his players. That is the most important for me. I am not going to pass judgement just yet, but I do get sick of people wanting a type. A lot of y’all wanted the Oregon dude because he had a cool mustache and acted like Tony Perkis, yet, year after year I see Oregon get pushed around on the line, or out physical, especially OOC. Trust the process .

Nate solder spoke very highly of him

Just now, toddc said:

You know how sports forums work right?

For real we have thousands of posts dunking on teenagers but we can't critique any hires?

Wack.

I learned when Greg Brown was hired that looks dont mean squat.

How quickly yall forget

BSU is upset over the loss. This makes me happy.

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Real high energy lol

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Real high energy lol

Maybe you two should wrestle and see how much energy he has??? I'm just messing with you Zeek. Thanks for all you do here seriously.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I thought the same, but if this guy can break wills with his stare, we will be fine. 😂

I seem to remember Gus bringing a bunch of his Arkansas State guys. That worked out fine. Sip the Kool aid everybody. 

Archived