Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

Zeek

20 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Continually s***ting on these guys before knowing much about them is growing tiresome. 

Thank you.  How about we give the guys a chance before we start sh*&&ing on them. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Thank you.  How about we give the guys a chance before we start sh*&&ing on them. 

Well...IMO Harsin probably believes he has a good system built that has gotten him great results. So it totally makes sense that a good portion of this move will be with guys he's created relationships and bonds with to implement his plan. Time will tell, who knows. Maybe we're all in here next year bashing this and that maybe not, but for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan I feel like Auburn is truly going in a new direction. There is a sense of new blood taking the reins and to be honest.....it's quite friggin refreshing. I'm just along for the ride. 

24 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Maybe we're all in here next year bashing this and that maybe not, but for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan I feel like Auburn is truly going in a new direction.

Dance as if you've just won the bacon lottery. | Ron swanson, Ron swanson  gif, Best of ron swanson

40 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Well...IMO Harsin probably believes he has a good system built that has gotten him great results. So it totally makes sense that a good portion of this move will be with guys he's created relationships and bonds with to implement his plan. Time will tell, who knows. Maybe we're all in here next year bashing this and that maybe not, but for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan I feel like Auburn is truly going in a new direction. There is a sense of new blood taking the reins and to be honest.....it's quite friggin refreshing. I'm just along for the ride. 

AMEN!

Auburn's going in another direction, we have to wait and see if it takes this program on an upward or downward trajectory.  But by damn Auburn isn't stuck in the same pattern we've experienced for the last few years.  There's movement and energy and I'm happy as hell to see it.

Just now, keesler said:

AMEN!

Auburn's going in another direction, we have to wait and see if it takes this program on an upward or downward trajectory.  But by damn Auburn isn't stuck in the same pattern we've experienced for the last few years.  There's movement and energy and I'm happy as hell to see it.

Fans: I don’t want Auburn men

Coach: hires guys outside Auburn bubble who he is familiar with 

Fans: I don’t like these hires! 

19 hours ago, Zeek said:

From someone who knows Pitman:

"

To start, I want to preface all of this with quit a bit. I dont know Pitman personally and he may very well bring some new combination of improvement in atmosphere and accountability that I am unaware of; however, I think this is a terrible hire based on what I know about him and the current state of the SEC (and honestly the state.) I do not think he will send out-of-shape guys onto the field, but I do not think he is capable of keeping up with what will soon be a revolutionary period in D1 college athletic strength and conditioning. These are my opinions and I would love to be wrong.

A little about me. I am a former Marine, competitive runner, competitive CrossFitter, and weightlifter. I have owned and sold two businesses (gyms) that afforded me the opportunity to train individual tactical athletes, multi-sport collegiate athletes, special forces inductees, professional CrossFitters, and endurance athletes. I mentor S&C coaches/CrossFit coaches in both America and Europe; I teach US MD students, physicians, and dieticians performative nutrition. Im not bragging but just explaining that I am not speaking out of my ****...although we all have more to learn.

Now, to get started. My thoughts and opinions are based on several things, but the over arching theme is what is happening across the state and how that will permeate top football programs within the next several years. Alabama football is currently revolutionizing the S&C field. Without getting too nerdy, they are putting together programs based on individual avatars and prescribing things that will help to maximize each and every individual's potential. That is not really done anywhere else. Further, they are using data-driven and truly cutting edge methods to make gains in players the likes of which have really never been seen in college or NFL. One example of this thats easy to understand would be to tailor all strength training to an individuals neuromuscular efficiency so that they have an individual program that allows them to get strong in the way they want them to and recover faster. No more wasted reps. In the end you are looking for great measurables and numbers....but the KEY is repeatability of intensity. They are lightyears ahead in that arena.

Jeff Pitman, I know for a fact, still believes the hang clean/power clean to be a revolutionary addition to S&C programs. He's about 20 years out of date on that. He is not equipped with the knowledge or tools to do any of the above ^^^ Nor has he done it in the past. Now, I am not saying there isnt a place for PC and HC....there is. But the overall program he institutes will be a lot like Kevin Yoxall used to run. Back then, it was great. Now, its not up to par. Further, Pitman was not loved at Colorado or Boise in his most recent stops and S&C was seen as devolved from previous programs.

If Auburn is serious about competing on the field, we have to treat S&C much like we have to treat facilities. They must evolve quick and never stay stagnant. Pitman, imo, is the very definition of stagnant. We will be doing nothing revolutionary and this would've been a great time to be the second SEC program to start revolutionizing.

I will answer all questions to the best of my ability below. Again, I could be wrong, but I am disappointed here."

You tellin’ me ol’ dude ain’t on the cuttin’ edge? That’s malarkey and hogwash. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

On-field coach > Off-field analyst

Kodi Burns > Major Applewhite, Charlie Strong, Butch Jones, and Mike Stoops?

I get the point you’re trying to make but you and I both know it’s tricky painting with that side of a brush

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

What was Joe Brady doing before LSU?

What was T Will doing in 2014 before he was named LB coach in 2015 and subsequently became everybody’s favorite recruiter?

On 1/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, Zeek said:

Jeff Pitman, I know for a fact, still believes the hang clean/power clean to be a revolutionary addition to S&C programs. He's about 20 years out of date on that. He is not equipped with the knowledge or tools to do any of the above ^^^ Nor has he done it in the past. Now, I am not saying there isnt a place for PC and HC....there is. But the overall program he institutes will be a lot like Kevin Yoxall used to run. Back then, it was great. Now, its not up to par. Further, Pitman was not loved at Colorado or Boise in his most recent stops and S&C was seen as devolved from previous programs.

Could you explain what you mean about his use of Olympic Lifts and their variations?

I have never seen or read his program, but I have read several other Power 5 schools weight room manuals, and have studied their use of PC! HC, High Pulls, Split Jerks and Over Head Squats.  I am sure everyone who is into football training/lifting has read the Alabama Fourth Quarter Program. 

Archived