Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

Zeek

48 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup and being a Boise lifer. No one ever wanted to hire him away from there for a bigger job? He was just dying to live in Boise this whole time?

This doesn't mean anything. The S&C coach is really the HC's right hand man as he ultimately carries out the HC's vision for the type of training and mentality he wants to establish. As such, the S&C coach typically moves around with the HC. It's not surprising at all that he'd bring the guy he already trusts and is comfortable with. HC's don't normally just go out looking for random S&C coaches from other teams, so the fact that he's been at Boise this entire time doesn't really mean anything other than that Harsin was also at Boise the entire time.

Boise State has put some no-name recruits into the NFL under this S&C coach. Look up Leighton Vander Esch for example: a walk-on recruit who finished as a 1st round pick. He ran a 4.65 and jumped 39.5" at 6'4 256 pounds.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

I seem to remember Gus bringing a bunch of his Arkansas State guys. That worked out fine. Sip the Kool aid everybody. 

Well my point was kinda that I think Russell was a “high energy” guy and we see how that worked out lol

Just now, metafour said:

This doesn't mean anything. The S&C coach is really the HC's right hand man as he ultimately carries out the HC's vision for the type of training and mentality he wants to establish. As such, the S&C coach typically moves around with the HC. It's not surprising at all that he'd bring the guy he already trusts and is comfortable with. HC's don't normally just go out looking for random S&C coaches from other teams, so the fact that he's been at Boise this entire time doesn't really mean anything other than that Harsin was also at Boise the entire time.

Boise State has put some no-name recruits into the NFL under this S&C coach. Look up Leighton Vander Esch for example: a walk-on recruit who finished as a 1st round pick. He ran a 4.65 and jumped 39.5" at 6'4 256 pounds.

I get that he'll probably do just fine. A lot of our issues stem from Gus wanting the trenches leader for a hurry up we don't run anymore.

Just feels like with this position, and some others I'm hearing, we're taking guys with lesser resumes due to their familiarity and connections.

1 minute ago, metafour said:

I personally like having a guy that worked very specifically with the lines being a S&C coach too

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Actually, a pretty aggressive War Eagle for a brand-spanking-newbie.  

He did sell the War Eagle I'll give him that. 

20 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Maybe you two should wrestle and see how much energy he has??? I'm just messing with you Zeek. Thanks for all you do here seriously.

LMAO  Zeek,    Now you have to wrestle the Pitman just to make sure he knows you are a male.   ref > https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/174515-ryan-russell-out-as-s-and-c-coach/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-3338633

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LMAO  Zeek,    Now you have to wrestle the Pittman just to make sure he knows you are a male.   ref > https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/174515-ryan-russell-out-as-s-and-c-coach/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-3338633

Wrestling a guy that big suckssss. Even if they're terrible and out of shape it's a lot of work. Can't get under them or you're dead. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He did sell the War Eagle I'll give him that. 

Yes he did! I wish, though, they’d done another take on the “workhardwork”. 😂

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, when he was reading that off he must not have noticed the comma- work, HARD work

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

LOL .  They didn't work so hard on that.

Seems a no nonsense,  no playing around type guy. I'd lift for him.

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LOL .  They didn't work so hard on that.

Seems a no nonsense,  no playing around type guy. I'd lift for him.

Would you rather have this no nonsense, all business guy or that yahoo at Ga now screaming like an idiot?

So, let’s see, you all want a S/C guy who is young, in shape, presumably handsome, eloquent, suave . . . look I see where this is going, but for the record, I was not available! 😎

Just now, wareagleguy said:

So, let’s see, you all want a S/C guy who is young, in shape, presumably handsome, eloquent, suave . . . look I see where this is going, but for the record, I was not available! 😎

And can play tackle on the offensive line and has a big mustache....

Seriously? Melting over a S&C coach before he coaches a spring? I'm in awe...  

• Zeek changed the title to Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

None of you Kool Aid drinkers told me I spelled his name wrong in the title!

7 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

I either want a S&C coach with fabulous mustache, or I want a S&C coach  like this guy

Just now, Zeek said:

None of you Kool Aid drinkers told me I spelled his name wrong in the title!

I just noticed when I tried to google search him .   one T  Jeff PiTman   not related to Sam PiTTman

Archived