Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

Zeek

Are football players training for football? Or a wellness/fitness program, decathlon, track, self defense, or a Chuck Norris Total Gym body shaping work out? Sure, the perfect exercise and nutrition regimen scientifically tailored and monitored for each individual is important. It's the latest thing and it's cool. But this is football. It is hand to hand combat. It is warfare. And we're at a disadvantage talent and numbers wise, on both lines. Therefore, we need our linemen EXCEEDING their limits. They need a mean streak and to feel like they can move mountains from the opening kick to the final gun. Given the current roster situation and overall mental makeup of the team, maybe Pitman is the perfect old school guy to shock the system and start right now with turning this ship around mentally and physically.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you even Rocky, bro?

I literally had the workout scene from Rocky IV playing in my head when reading this. Not to just completely poo poo on the posters' perspective but tend to believe from all that I've been researching is that while one regimen may be more ideal than the other (on paper), diminishing returns often bring the results closer to even down the stretch. At the end of the day, there's more to winning games than being the strongest mule on the field...

We're either gonna have to trust Harsin or not. I've seen names tossed out left and right of which coach should be hired or who would be best blah blah. Hell, I've been one of them. But in reality,  if we really want what we say we want, which is to take the next step, then he's gotta be able to execute HIS plan. From what I've observed,  he is doing just that. I also don't doubt he knows exactly what he's looking for in his team. Outside noise be damned. Things are awfully quiet and I actually think that is a good thing in the current environment at Auburn. Sounds like he is quietly building his machine before turning it loose. We all have a nostalgia about certain coaches and former players because they're familiar,  but we're in uncharted waters with this and I believe it will bear fruit if we're patient through the offseason. Wde

Nothing motivates a fat ass lineman more than a fat coach yelling at how out of shape you are while pushing you to the limit. Especially when they standing on the sled you pushing. I know from experience, it works. Seems like a good coach.

Glad Coach Harsin is starting to build his staff.

10 minutes ago, clwn said:

Nothing motivates a fat ass lineman more than a fat coach yelling at how out of shape you are while pushing you to the limit. Especially when they standing on the sled you pushing. I know from experience, it works. Seems like a good coach.

Glad Coach Harsin is starting to build his staff.

I know what you mean. My lineman coach was about 500lbs. So big that he rode to practice on the tailgate of the equipement managers truck to get dropped off at our drills. He absolutely got the most out of us because he was one of the meanest bast**ds on the field I've ever seen. Cussed us like a drill sergeant but we respected the h3ll out of that man. 

hahahaha omgsh this is peak Auburn message board people losing their mind over a got damn S and C coach hire. I am absolutely loving this and am throughly entertained reading all 7 pages of this. KEEP THE GOODS COMING!!! lol. 

tenor.gif.833dc84e4af5c71ddca9a5b93bc89c2f.gif

Much ado about nothing. HCBH hired HIS choice.  Good enough. Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha omgsh this is peak Auburn message board people losing their mind over a got damn S and C coach hire. I am absolutely loving this and am throughly entertained reading all 7 pages of this. KEEP THE GOODS COMING!!! lol. 

tenor.gif.833dc84e4af5c71ddca9a5b93bc89c2f.gif

100%. TPTB should have no say in the football coaches' decisions, say the wise men on this board. But the head coach should ask US before he hires LOSERS like the s/c coach! 2021 is starting out real good!!!😉

17 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

100%. TPTB should have no say in the football coaches' decisions, say the wise men on this board. But the head coach should ask US before he hires LOSERS like the s/c coach! 2021 is starting out real good!!!😉

Hey fam, usually I am the one doing the melting down so it's good to finally be on the other end of it for a change!!!! 🤣😂😆

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

If he asked me we'd have a better option at S&C right now lol

Harsin isn't infallible. I like his administrative choices so far. This one was/is a miss.

Need a non-Boise hire soon or this is feeling a lot like Gus' bring my ArkyState buddies plan.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Harsin isn't infallible. I like his administrative choices so far. This one was/is a miss.

Need a non-Boise hire soon or this is feeling a lot like Gus' bring my ArkyState buddies plan.

Lol bruhhhhh you got to wooooosaaaaah relax. 9/10 the s and c guy is always going to be brought from where the new head coach was at or someone they are familiar with and worked with before. Coaches don't go out and do a national search for strength coaches like they do for some of the on field  assistant coaches hires. He was always going to bring the boise strength guy with him. It's not like any of us could put together a roster of "splash" strength coach hires!!! Lol. 

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

In your opinion . You have no clue or evidence that this is a miss. 

Like... y'all know this guy doesn't have to do the workouts with the players, right? Maybe you don't know that?

Did you know that he was literally a strength and conditioning all-American as a player at Boise? Who knows what kind of  health circumstances might have come up in the last 27 years that might dictate his ability to work out. Damn.

Exactly what issues with strength and conditioning have Boise players had that you're unhappy with?

Do you know all of what goes into this guy's job? Do you think it's possible that maybe the "Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach" might have that rocked up stud y'all want to salivate over working for him? 

Just a strange response. 

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol bruhhhhh you got to wooooosaaaaah relax. 9/10 the s and c guy is always going to be brought from where the new head coach was at or someone they are familiar with and worked with before. Coaches don't go out and do a national search for strength coaches like they do for some of the on field  assistant coaches hires. He was always going to bring the boise strength guy with him. It's not like any of us could put together a roster of "splash" strength coach hires!!! Lol. 

I got you man. Not really sweating it just not feeling it.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

In your opinion . You have no clue or evidence that this is a miss. 

Yeah, again I'm not sweating it but it's hard to argue we couldn't have gotten someone with a better resume. Doesn't mean they'd be any better necessarily. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I got you man. Not really sweating it just not feeling it.

Yeah, again I'm not sweating it but it's hard to argue we couldn't have gotten someone with a better resume. Doesn't mean they'd be any better necessarily. 

Can't lose Z!!!! 

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm sorry guys...

You know I'm not usually a negative guy. 

Don't blast me on this but here's what I would have preferred our hire for this position to:

1. Be in shape 

2. Be younger

3. Not be a Boise lifer

4. Have power 5 experience 

I support Harsin and his decisions 

I also don't agree with this hire

Both can be true

Hoping it's one of the last Boise carry overs we get. We're one of the biggest brands of football in the country and by extension the world.

We can get coaches with better resumes.

i understand this move because HC's bring in people they've worked with in the past.  Gus brought a lot of ArkyState coaches to Auburn and as the years passed, he hired other coaches he knew well and trusted.  

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

it's hard to argue we couldn't have gotten someone with a better resume

Oh, certainly. But you have to think about cultural fit and all that. You probably know that the S&C guy is one of the most important guys for setting the HC's tone and getting the players to buy into his program and culture. 

bama fans were heartbroken when Scott Cochran left. Not because they thought their players would stop being cyborg football murder machines, but because they thought the locker room would lose a big part of its identity. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, certainly. But you have to think about cultural fit and all that. You probably know that the S&C guy is one of the most important guys for setting the HC's tone and getting the players to buy into his program and culture. 

bama fans were heartbroken when Scott Cochran left. Not because they thought their players would stop being cyborg football murder machines, but because they thought the locker room would lose a big part of its identity. 

*bandname

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Basically watch Rocky IV. You want to be Drago/Saban or you want to be Rocky/Harsin?

rocky montage | Movies wizard style | Pinterest | Gifs

Is this a trick question? 🤣 Are you talking about the Saban that has won 5 national championships and may win his 6th one Monday night?

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Is this a trick question? 🤣 Are you talking about the Saban that has won 5 national championships and may win his 6th one Monday night?

Pass me the vodka. I'll be fluent in Russian by the time the bottle's empty. 

Archived