Jeff Pitman hired as S&C coach

Zeek

"His approach in the weight room and other performance areas will make our players better all-around, especially as he specializes with our men up front on the offensive and defensive lines."

"As he specializes with our men up front on the offensive and defensive lines."

"Offensive and defensive lines."

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruhhhh why does apollo have to die in every iconic role he has?! First rocky 4 then happy gilmore!!!! Life isn't fair as a big Carl Weathers fan!!!! 😭😭😭😭

He’s still hanging tough in the Mandalorian.

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The reaction to Pittman's hire reminds me a lot of Greg Brown's

Are we saying that Jeff Pitman is a goober?  

13 minutes ago, meh130 said:

"His approach in the weight room and other performance areas will make our players better all-around, especially as he specializes with our men up front on the offensive and defensive lines."

"As he specializes with our men up front on the offensive and defensive lines."

I hear he can paint pictures with his (kettle)balls.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

If he asked me we'd have a better option at S&C right now lol

Harsin isn't infallible. I like his administrative choices so far. This one was/is a miss.

Need a non-Boise hire soon or this is feeling a lot like Gus' bring my ArkyState buddies plan.

Not sure what a better option in S/C world is these days. Take a little chill pill on this one. :)

Other than a splash name I don't worry about this position as a priority. As long as he is comfortable, and he KNOWS how he wants his players conditioned.

When was the last time we argued over a S/C like he was hired to be a head coach? This seems a little bit silly to me, although he is a very integral part of the picture. I know we’re hungry for some hiring news, but geez. 😝 

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

@Zeekwould it help if Harsin asked him to grow handle bars mustache?

100% 

Need to get him a leather vest too

57 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That was fun!!!! One of the absolute best times on the board I have ever had!!! @fredst and I were just a couple of goobers clowning around!!! Lol

That sad thing was people got caught up in people saying he looked like a goober-which was true but was just guys clowning- and failed to see that he was a good coach with a good track record of player development. People take this board way too seriously sometimes....

1 minute ago, fredst said:

That sad thing was people got caught up in people saying he looked like a goober-which was true but was just guys clowning- and failed to see that he was a good coach with a good track record of player development. People take this board way too seriously sometimes....

My understanding is that Greg Brown was an excellent evaluator and developer of DBs, but was not very good on the recruiting trail.  

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

My understanding is that Greg Brown was an excellent evaluator and developer of DBs, but was not very good on the recruiting trail.  

To my knowledge, that is a fair assessment. That was the basis for the clowning/goober talk

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

If he asked me we'd have a better option at S&C right now lol

Harsin isn't infallible. I like his administrative choices so far. This one was/is a miss.

Need a non-Boise hire soon or this is feeling a lot like Gus' bring my ArkyState buddies plan.

Oh Oh Zeek...it looks like it's another Boise hire...you starting to really worry? :)

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/another-boise-state-coach-set-to-be-hired-at-auburn.html

31 minutes ago, toddc said:

When was the last time we argued over a S/C like he was hired to be a head coach? This seems a little bit silly to me, although he is a very integral part of the picture. I know we’re hungry for some hiring news, but geez. 😝 

We definitely need some news.  

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Oh Oh Zeek...it looks like it's another Boise hire...you starting to really worry? :)

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/another-boise-state-coach-set-to-be-hired-at-auburn.html

I already knew that one was coming. That's why I was agitated to begin with. Just hoping it's an off-field role like an analyst. The guy was a Grad Assistant only 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I already knew that one was coming. That's why I was agitated to begin with. Just hoping it's an off-field role like an analyst. The guy was a Grad Assistant only 3 years ago.

It does seem he is hiring early on more administrative types, other than the S/C Coach you really like. :slapfh:

To me it's the line coaches and Coordinators I want to be stronger hires...

Just now, steeleagle said:

It does seem he is hiring early on more administrative types, other than the S/C Coach you really like. :slapfh:

To me it's the line coaches and Coordinators I want to be stronger hires...

Yeah I'm hoping this guy isn't THE DL coach. He has a decent track record with DE's but he's only been really coaching since 2018. He was a Grad Assistant in 2017. It tells you how respected he is in that short time though because he's currently BSU's interim coach.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

So don't you think it's kinda telling that in three years he went from GA to Co-DC at a winning program? He's actually their interim HC as well and looks to be extremely young. Given his trajectory and the fact that he's being brought over, it highly suggests that this guy is extremely well regarded by Harsin and is probably regarded as a "rising star".

Why would you be opposed to this guy when the two guys everyone wants to keep (Caddy and T-Will) both came here under the same pretenses of being extremely young with limited experience. Any extremely young coach who is being brought in is done so for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

THIS IS A BIT DATED ....

Spencer Danielson is entering his third season as a member of the Boise State football coaching staff, his second as a full-time assistant coach and his first as defensive line coach. After spending the 2017 season as a graduate assistant working with the team’s STUDs, Danielson was promoted to a full-time role, overseeing the same position.

This past season both Curtis Weaver and Jabril Frazier garnered first-team All-Mountain West accolades, each ranking in the top 10 in the league in sacks. The duo contributed to the Broncos ranking 10th nationally in the statistical category (3.00 per game).

Under Danielson’s guidance, Weaver was also named first-team all-conference in 2017 – the first freshman defensive player in league history to earn the honor – while Frazier picked up second-team accolades. Weaver and Frazier combined for 17 sacks in 2017, half the team's total. Weaver's 11 led the team, were tied for the sixth-most across college football and were the most by a freshman nationally. Frazier ranked second on the team with six sacks.

Prior to joining Boise State, Danielson spent his previous four years coaching at his alma mater, Azusa Pacific, where he started for three seasons at linebacker for the Cougars. He coached linebackers his final three seasons, and also served as recruiting coordinator in 2016.

He was one of 30 coaches selected from nearly 200 applicants for the inaugural American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) 30 Under 30 Coaches' Leadership Institute at the 2016 AFCA Convention, participating in focused, interactive lectures on topics including ethics, leadership, NCAA rules, financial management, hiring and player safety.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gotta agree with you here. Maybe a LB coach. I do like what I read about this guy a lot- young, hungry, fast rising...  he was named their interim head coach- but I do want some serious experience at the major assistant positions. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Gotta agree with you here. Maybe a LB coach. I do like what I read about this guy a lot- young, hungry, fast rising...  he was named their interim head coach- but I do want some serious experience at the major assistant positions. 

If he's an analyst or something I think it's a homerun. If he's a position coach I think we can do better and I'd rather have a DC announced first to choose his guys.

You guys understand that Boise State is a legitimate program, right? They have good coaches - at least 1 or 2 that deserve to be brought over onto an SEC staff.

Bringing over the entire staff would be extremely troubling and worrying, however, if he wants to bring 1-2 of the guys he's most impressed with then it likely just means that he sees legitimate ability in those coaches.

50 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What was Joe Brady doing before LSU?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What was Joe Brady doing before LSU?

Offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints > Boise State defensive helper lol

I get your point though. He's a fast riser but we have different recruiting issues than LSU.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints > Boise State defensive helper lol

On-field coach > Off-field analyst

Continually s***ting on these guys before knowing much about them is growing tiresome. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruhhhh why does apollo have to die in every iconic role he has?! First rocky 4 then happy gilmore!!!! Life isn't fair as a big Carl Weathers fan!!!! 😭😭😭😭

Hasn’t died in Mandalorian yet 😃

Archived