Radical left wing paper WSJ calls on Trump to resign

TitanTiger

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

I just spat my wine all over my computer!  That was the second most stupid thing I have read this week.  

Calling the Wall Street Journal "Left Wing" is incredible and WRONG.  They are as conservative as the day is long.

And then quoting Chesterton...

Evangelicals.  God, please help them.  Do SOMETHING with them.

6 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

I just spat my wine all over my computer!  That was the second most stupid thing I have read this week.  

Calling the Wall Street Journal "Left Wing" is incredible and WRONG.  They are as conservative as the day is long.

And then quoting Chesterton...

Evangelicals.  God, please help them.  Do SOMETHING with them.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

I ain't gonna do it.

Where's @McLoofus

🧐 GK Chesterton (who was Catholic)= Evangelical 🤔 

27 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

This laughable because they only have two weeks to impeach an outgoing President Trump. Our system is broken and both sides are to blame.

Trump has been a complete disaster. But...if anyone truly thinks they will get him removed from office in two weeks is smoking crack. There 1,500 lawyers waiting to make a name for themselves by slowing that process to a crawl. 

39 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

This laughable because they only have two weeks to impeach an outgoing President Trump. Our system is broken and both sides are to blame.

I'm actually encouraged that our system has survived that jackass so far. Heavy emphasis on "so far". It's been a four year assault on our checks and balances and while they look more tenuous under the spotlight, they held. 

12 days feels like forever. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm actually encouraged that our system has survived that jackass so far. Heavy emphasis on "so far". It's been a four year assault on our checks and balances and while they look more tenuous under the spotlight, they held. 

12 days feels like forever. 

Don't feel too encouraged. It's entirely possible if not likely that Trumps unprecedented incompetence and juvenile emotional state had as much to do with the checks and balances holding up as anything. 

What if the next "Trump" actually knows what they are doing and educates themselves on the best way to circumvent our government and acts specifically with those goals in mind? How well will things hold up then when the next president with bad intentions is actually an intelligent, forward thinking individual? 

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Don't feel too encouraged. It's entirely possible if not likely that Trumps unprecedented incompetence and juvenile emotional state had as much to do with the checks and balances holding up as anything. 

What if the next "Trump" actually knows what they are doing and educates themselves on the best way to circumvent our government and acts specifically with those goals in mind? How well will things hold up then when the next president with bad intentions is actually an intelligent, forward thinking individual? 

That has been my fear through this.  Someone sinister was paying attention to how Trump effectively hijacked a political party, and developed followers so deluded that they were willing to mass and storm the Capitol on his behalf.  Six years ago, I was fairly confident that something like the Russian Revolution or Hitler's rise to power could basically never occur in the United States.  I am no longer confident of that.

39 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

25 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That has been my fear through this.  Someone sinister was paying attention to how Trump effectively hijacked a political party, and developed followers so deluded that they were willing to mass and storm the Capitol on his behalf.  Six years ago, I was fairly confident that something like the Russian Revolution or Hitler's rise to power could basically never occur in the United States.  I am no longer confident of that.

All good points. But I've been hoping for awhile now that there's another side to that coin, which is that the trump experience served to identify many of our blind spots and that measures can be taken to address them. I think there's a space for optimism that our now-unified executive and legislative will be willing and able to put up additional safeguards against fascism/authoritarianism. 

It's not just Trump.  It's the Republican Party.  It's become the party of sedition. 

It should be disbanded and reformed.  We need a real "conservative" party - one that respects democratic values and the rule of law.

The current "GOP" prioritizes power over principal.  We're better off without them.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

All good points. But I've been hoping for awhile now that there's another side to that coin, which is that the trump experience served to identify many of our blind spots and that measures can be taken to address them. I think there's a space for optimism that our now-unified executive and legislative will be willing and able to put up additional safeguards against fascism/authoritarianism. 

I sure hope so.  It would be an excellent way to force Republicans to "declare" with their votes.

Bwahahahaha -- WSJ is a totally right wing, waaaaay conservative mouthpiece. If WSJ says Trump is a ****head ....... okay.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Bwahahahaha -- WSJ is a totally right wing, waaaaay conservative mouthpiece. If WSJ says Trump is a ****head ....... okay.

Titan was being sarcastic.

15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Trump has been a complete disaster. But...if anyone truly thinks they will get him removed from office in two weeks is smoking crack. There 1,500 lawyers waiting to make a name for themselves by slowing that process to a crawl. 

Actually there's only one guy that could slow the process to a crawl, and that's this guy. 

210106134847-mitch-mcconnell-january-6-2

And the Ds truly have him in a "heads I win, tails you lose situation" here in that regard. 

But the point isn't necessarily to get it done quickly. There are two purposes that could be served:

1. Trump is held accountable for his actions while in office 

2. He won't be able to run for office again

As an added bonus for the Democrats,  McConnell can either fall on his sword for the caucus for a few weeks (D majority here soon renders that moot) or speed things along. Either way, senators will have to put their names on paper in defense of insurrection if they want to retain Trump's populist crowd. 

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

Actually there's only one guy that could slow the process to a crawl, and that's this guy. 

210106134847-mitch-mcconnell-january-6-2

And the Ds truly have him in a "heads I win, tails you lose situation" here in that regard. 

But the point isn't necessarily to get it done quickly. There are two purposes that could be served:

1. Trump is held accountable for his actions while in office 

2. He won't be able to run for office again

As an added bonus for the Democrats,  McConnell can either fall on his sword for the caucus for a few weeks (D majority here soon renders that moot) or speed things along. Either way, senators will have to put their names on paper in defense of insurrection if they want to retain Trump's populist crowd. 

Yea, keep puffin on that crack pipe... There isnt time for this to happen.

Impeachment itself means nothing, He has to be tried in the Senate before he would be removed.
Before he can be tried in the Senate, there are absolute Legal Standards that have to be met. 
Discovery alone on this could take 9 months. This is just one more complete waste of time. please, just clear the bastiche out of that room he occupies in your head. It has to be the size of a parking lot. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Actually there's all kinds of time. The house can do it extremely quickly if they want. One or two up-down procedural votes and it's on Mitch's desk. Hell, they could have impeached him yesterday if they so desired.

The will to do it is where there might be a problem.

Impeachment itself means nothing, He has to be tried in the Senate before he would be removed.

The biggest things for me at this point are that he not be allowed to run for office again, he receives no more money or protection from the government and he's ultimately held accountable for what he has done. 

Before he can be tried in the Senate, there are absolute Legal Standards that have to be met. 
Discovery alone on this could take 9 months. This is just one more complete waste of time. please, just clear the bastiche out of that room he occupies in your head. It has to be the size of a parking lot. 

That's not how impeachment trials work. Both chambers have wide latitude with regard to how impeachment happens and how the trial occurs. They could literally get it done within days if they wanted to.

The trial will likely extend into the early days of Biden's presidency, especially since Mitch won't let anything happen until the 19th.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

The biggest things for me at this point are that he not be allowed to run for office again, he receives no more money or protection from the government and he's ultimately held accountable for what he has done. 

The trial will likely extend into the early days of Biden's presidency, especially since Mitch won't let anything happen until the 19th.

If this is your real idea, I give it a maybe. But it will certainly take more than 1-20-21 to happen.
Its a lot of wasted time and effort for nothing IMHO. Hopefuly he is gone.

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You may not understand this, but a president can be impeached after their term of office. There are consequences to impeachment other than being removed.

Archived