Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

DKW 86

• 2 months later...

On 2/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, DKW 86 said:

My own prediction? Chappaquiddick all over again.
Cuomo is a DNC Favorite Son.
He will be VOCIFEROUSLY DEFENDED by the DNC. 
Nothing is going to change.
Nothing is going to happen to him.

Like Rangel, Kennedy, Menendez, et al, The Governor will be re-elected over and over and no one in the press is going to really embarrass him nor call him out to his face. 

For the Record: 
Cuomo has a best selling book.
Cuomo won an Emmy-A ******* EMMY, for his BS Press Conferences
Hell the only thing he hasnt won so far is a Nobel Peace Prize for killing old people. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, Brad_ATX said:

I mean, Sonjay Gupta flat called Cuomo out on this one on CNN.  It was also linked on the main page of their website.  I don't see him really getting a free pass here.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:23 AM, TitanTiger said:

Washington Post and NY Times have too.  I don't see him getting a pass.

On 2/3/2021 at 5:33 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

They have mentioned it but not repeatedly day after day like they did when Trump screwed up.  They mentioned it just enough so people could say I don't see him getting a pass.

On 2/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, TitanTiger said:

:rolleyes:

169 days or 24 weeks, or over 6 months and so far????

waiting for an answer all I hear are crickets - Captain Kirk Choking | Make  a Meme

I would tell yall I hate being right all the time, but...I actually love it. 

I wish I wasnt, 12-15K people are dead AND Governor Andrew Cuomo is not going to be held accountable, He is going to run and probably come extremely close to winning a fourth term. What about the women? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

Cuomo Notches Win After Biden DOJ Drops Nursing Home Probe

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the U.S. Department of Justice’s decision to drop an investigation into whether he mishandled Covid-19 outbreaks in nursing homes vindicated his administration and that he is “eager” for the results of other probes into his alleged misconduct.

The Justice Department on Friday said it wouldn’t investigate New York’s handling of coronavirus in its nursing homes, along with identical investigations into Pennsylvania and Michigan. Cuomo said the decision showed the probe, initiated under the Trump administration, was politically motivated.

“Of course this was political hyperbole and of course this fed into the politics of the time: ‘Democratic governors caused Covid, the president had nothing to do with it,’” Cuomo said at a press conference Monday in New York City. “It was toxic politics. It violated the basic concept of justice in this nation, and it did a lot of harm.”

The Cuomo administration did have to re-issue its nursing home death tally following a report released in January by Attorney General Letitia James that found that as much as 50% more nursing home residents died from Covid-19 than the New York State Department of Health’s published nursing home data reflected.

Critics have accused the governor of intentionally undercounting deaths to make the state look more successful and have accused the Cuomo administration of forcing nursing homes to take coronavirus patients from hospitals, which may have led to greater spread of the virus.

“As the pandemic and our investigations continue, it is imperative that we understand why the residents of nursing homes in New York unnecessarily suffered at such an alarming rate,” James said in the January report.

Cuomo on Monday said he had been following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance on returning Covid patients to nursing homes and did not do anything wrong.

The three-term Democrat also said he was “very eager” to see a separate report by James’s office into other allegations of his misconduct, including multiple sexual harassment claims by government aides and the misuse of public resources to write a $5 million leadership book. The governor also faces an impeachment investigation by the state Assembly, which is looking into allegations he provided relatives with virus testing before it was widely available and mishandled the construction of the Mario Cuomo Bridge across the Hudson River. Cuomo has denied any wrongdoing.

“Let the process continue, let the facts come out,” Cuomo said. “When they hear the actual facts of this situation and how it has been handled I think they’re going to be shocked.”

Investigators working for the attorney general’s office were said to have interviewed Cuomo earlier this month. When asked whether New Yorkers should trust the Attorney General’s findings, the governor said on Monday that New Yorkers were “not naive” and “know what’s going on.”

Last week, Cuomo was warned against undermining the government investigations into his conduct after a top aide publicly accused the attorney general’s investigation of being politically motivated.

“It is obvious that attempts to demean the Attorney General serve as well to undermine the investigation and send profoundly negative signals to witnesses,” Assembly Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Lavine, wrote in a letter to Cuomo.

Lavine, who is heading the state assembly’s impeachment investigation, said Cuomo aide Rich Azzopardi violated instructions against interfering in the investigation. He pointed to a Twitter post by Azzopardi last week that claimed James intends to run for governor when Cuomo is up for re-election next year.

“It’s critically important to realize that any such comment may merit severe repercussions,” Lavine said.

James hasn’t said if she will run for governor, but her name has been floated as a viable contender. She dismissed similar comments in May as “personal attacks on me and my office” and said that “politics stops at the door. Anything other than that, obviously I ignore.”

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

"Insurrectionists" are in jail, Cuomo gets a free pass.

Which killed more people

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Which killed more people?

Who belongs to a Holy Political Family from the Democrat Party?

FTFY

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, there is that intent and sedition thing to consider.  :-\

Yeah, much worse than death...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2

Well, there is that intent and sedition thing to consider.  :-\

POSSIBLY THE DUMBEST THING EVER SAID ON THIS BOARD.

A public riot in which 4-5 people died is worse than 12-15K dead? Really? Strange world in which some of us live...

By the way, that is the definition of Elitist, Classist, BS Snobbery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, much worse than death...

I didn't say that.  I was just pointing out that HS and you were drawing equivalence between a governor who ****** up, possibly causing additional pandemic deaths and insurrectionists who obviously acted with the intent of breaking the law and harming people.

Cuomo certainly didn't intend to kill people and did not act with malice.  (Not that he shouldn't be held accountable, he should. But I don't see how you charge him with a criminal act.)

Bottom line, to suggest there is irony in insurrectionists being held accountable for what they did because Cuomo ****** up is absurd. They are totally unrelated in every sense.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

But Cuomo is never going to be held accountable for anything. 

trump told America lies about covid numbers and 1000 other things, and got hammered in the press. Cuomo amd his staff lie about the numbers and got a $4M book deal and essentially nothing in the press. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

They are totally unrelated in every sense.

So why did you bring it up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7-26-21 Cuomo: The Investigation into the Cuomo Administration is just a politically motivated thing by Donald Trump and Trump alone. Doesnt mention the state investigation at all. Blames trump and a speech trump made at the RN Convention. Refused to address his administration lying and admitted lying about the COVID Numbers. Its all trump's fault. Sad thing is, the Dems and the Media will absolutely believe him and every ounce of bovine excrement he is selling. The Feds have now given up, this was recorded AFTER* the DOJ gave up. Folks, he has already won. He got away with it. 

Correction*

Edited by DKW 86

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

So why did you bring it up?

Of course, I didn't, Hspoprn did.  And you backed him up.

Go back and look. (That's the nice thing about forums.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Of course, I didn't, Hspoprn did.  And you backed him up.

Go back and look. (That's the nice thing about forums.)

Bless your heart

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bless your heart

Well 4-5>15K. He has that going for him too.:big:

16 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Well 4-5>15K. He has that going for him too.:big:

Well, there was the whole intent thingy...

What intent do you think Cuomo had? 

Just now, bigbird said:

Well, there was the whole intent thingy...

What intent do you think Cuomo had? 

he is just incompetent....and has a book on the NYT Bestseller list claiming him to be the most competent person ever.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

he is just incompetent....

I disagree in that he managed to do and get away with exactly what he was trying to do.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I disagree in that he managed to do and get away with exactly what he was trying to do.

Well he had a lot of help from his Bro, CNN, and a ton of truly stupid people.

• Like 1

It isn't as though Cuomo made decisions with the intent to kill people.  When the pandemic started, he was actually one of the few politicians that took questions every day and made some attempt to lead.  Was he always right?  No.  Has Desantis been right in Florida?  No. 

Has Cuomo been overly forward with women?  I'm sure he has, but I have also listened to the allegations and the loudest are also the most flimsy.  If someone can't handle being hugged or kissed on the cheek, they will have a very difficult time being successful in any field, other than possibly government work.  I have yet to hear a woman say that he used his position to force them to do anything or that there were consequences for their decision not to sleep with the man.

That is just what I think.  The real decision is with the voters in New York.  Likewise, the voters in Florida have the option to keep a man like DeSantis as their governor.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bless your heart

No, bless yours:rolleyes:

Evasion via cute, passive/aggressive quips is not something to be proud of, even if you are "very good" at it. 

Edited by homersapien