Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

DKW 86

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

What exactly was he trying to do again?

Get away with lying to the people about the COVID Numbers, a $4M Book Deal, Sexually harassing a dozen women or more. 

Look, trump did it and seems to have gotten away with the harassment, but he got 4-5 years of investigations and bad press. Now here comes Cuomo, and #metoo is suddenly not even on the playing field. They have gutted themselves. The one organization that was holding powerful men to account, is now basically cannon fodder because you dare not accuse one of the DNC Elite Families. How dare you. 

Mary Jo Kopechne says hi.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, bless yours:rolleyes:

Evasion via cute, passive/aggressive quips is not something to be proud of, even if you are "very good" at it. 

What exactly was he trying to do again?

Playing dumb is even worse...even if you do it exceptionally well

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure that homer is playing.  🤣 

j/k, homer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

So stop evading and tell me:  What was Cuomo's intent?  What was he trying to do?

I am not "playing dumb".  I just can't imagine Cuomo intended to kill hundreds - if not thousands of people.  If you think otherwise, just say so.

Let's end this silly train of discussion. Just stop evading the issue and provide a straight response instead.

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, Grumps said:

I'm not sure that homer is playing.  🤣 

j/k, homer.

Well, I have certainly done some very dumb things over time. ;)

But at least I don't run from stating my positions, even if I have to "back down" from them after more thought.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am not "playing dumb"

Well, it looks like we finally agree.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just can't do it can you? :no:

You started with a ridiculously absurd premise (introduced by someone else) and just cannot risk backing down from it. Considering your reputation and the amount of support you have on this forum, I find it surprising this would threaten you so much.

You should stick to your strengths - football and joking with Golf.  Clearly you are not up to a straight discussion in the political forum.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Just can't do it can you? :no:

You started with a ridiculously absurd premise (introduced by someone else) and just cannot risk backing down from it. Considering your reputation and the amount of support you have on this forum, I find it surprising this would threaten you so much.

You should stick to your strengths - football and joking with Golf.  Clearly you are not up to a straight discussion in the political forum.

Bless your heart

• Love 1

I am not "playing dumb". 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bless your heart

Touche Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am shocked that AG James got this out. Kudos to her for getting this far. But does this mean that Cuomo is out of office? No. Does it mean he is no longer running for his fourth term? No. Does it mean he wont still win a fourth term? No. Northam rule still applies, wait long enough and you may survive. 

Great win for James, Women everywhere, hell, I am happy as anything while some of my co-workers are in dire mourning saying that all this is BS and trump pushed this, and , and, and blah blah blah! It is indeed a great day, but...it is still not over.

Gov. Cuomo Broke the Law by Sexually Harassing Multiple Women, AG Concludes

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo violated federal and state laws when he repeatedly sexually harassed several current and former New York state employees, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Tuesday.

James made the bombshell announcement as she released the findings of a months-long inquiry into sexual misconduct allegations made against Cuomo by at least seven women.

Independent investigators appointed by James concluded that Cuomo engaged in unwanted groping, kissing, and hugging, and making inappropriate comments with multiple women.

“Our investigation revealed that the Governor’s sexually harassing behavior was not limited to members of his own staff, but extended to other State employees, including a State Trooper on his protective detail and members of the public,” a 168-page report on the investigation reads.

“We also conclude that the Executive Chamber’s culture—one filled with fear and intimidation, while at the same time normalizing the Governor’s frequent flirtations and gender-based comments—contributed to the conditions that allowed the sexual harassment to occur and persist.”

Announcing the findings led by prosecutors Joon Kim and Anne Clark on Tuesday, James said that Cuomo and some senior staffers took part in unlawful workplace retaliation.

“The governor and his senior staff took actions to retaliate against at least one former employee for coming forward with her story, her truth,” James said.

James’ investigation began in March after several women who previously or currently worked in Cuomo’s administration accused him of sexual harassment and misconduct, including inappropriate advances, touching, kissing on the lips. Many Democrats, including a majority of the New York congressional delegation, had called on him to step aside but Cuomo remained defiant.

James’ investigation included interviews with 179 witnesses as well as a review of thousands of documents, Kim said. The governor was reportedly questioned by investigators for 11 hours over the weekend.

The sexual harassment allegations earlier this year came on the heels of separate allegations that Cuomo’s administration had concealed the true tally of nursing home deaths. It threw the three-term governor’s rule into chaos, just after he had celebrated a victory lap and published a book celebrating wins over the coronavirus pandemic.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

I would simply point out that what has been alleged is harassment and not assault.  My opinion is that he should resign because it will be difficult for him to be an effective governor at this point.  I also believe that he has been an effective governor in the past.  What is discussed in the report are not actions that reach the point of criminal prosecution.  Of course, it will be important to claim some sort of trauma in order to reach a settlement and we will see that shortly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I would simply point out that what has been alleged is harassment and not assault.  My opinion is that he should resign because it will be difficult for him to be an effective governor at this point.  I also believe that he has been an effective governor in the past.  What is discussed in the report are not actions that reach the point of criminal prosecution.  Of course, it will be important to claim some sort of trauma in order to reach a settlement and we will see that shortly.

Oh yeah, Cuomo is done. I think he'll drop his candidacy eventually. 

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Oh yeah, Cuomo is done. I think he'll drop his candidacy eventually. 

$50? That he runs his 4th Governors Campaign and comes within 7 points or wins?
Also an exception in case anything more than we know right now comes out?

Edited by DKW 86

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I am shocked that AG James got this out. Kudos to her for getting this far. But does this mean that Cuomo is out of office? No. Does it mean he is no longer running for his fourth term? No. Does it mean he wont still win a fourth term? No. Northam rule still applies, wait long enough and you may survive. 

Great win for James, Women everywhere, hell, I am happy as anything while some of my co-workers are in dire mourning saying that all this is BS and trump pushed this, and , and, and blah blah blah! It is indeed a great day, but...it is still not over.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo violated federal and state laws when he repeatedly sexually harassed several current and former New York state employees, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Tuesday.

James made the bombshell announcement as she released the findings of a months-long inquiry into sexual misconduct allegations made against Cuomo by at least seven women.

Independent investigators appointed by James concluded that Cuomo engaged in unwanted groping, kissing, and hugging, and making inappropriate comments with multiple women.

“Our investigation revealed that the Governor’s sexually harassing behavior was not limited to members of his own staff, but extended to other State employees, including a State Trooper on his protective detail and members of the public,” a 168-page report on the investigation reads.

“We also conclude that the Executive Chamber’s culture—one filled with fear and intimidation, while at the same time normalizing the Governor’s frequent flirtations and gender-based comments—contributed to the conditions that allowed the sexual harassment to occur and persist.”

Announcing the findings led by prosecutors Joon Kim and Anne Clark on Tuesday, James said that Cuomo and some senior staffers took part in unlawful workplace retaliation.

“The governor and his senior staff took actions to retaliate against at least one former employee for coming forward with her story, her truth,” James said.

James’ investigation began in March after several women who previously or currently worked in Cuomo’s administration accused him of sexual harassment and misconduct, including inappropriate advances, touching, kissing on the lips. Many Democrats, including a majority of the New York congressional delegation, had called on him to step aside but Cuomo remained defiant.

James’ investigation included interviews with 179 witnesses as well as a review of thousands of documents, Kim said. The governor was reportedly questioned by investigators for 11 hours over the weekend.

The sexual harassment allegations earlier this year came on the heels of separate allegations that Cuomo’s administration had concealed the true tally of nursing home deaths. It threw the three-term governor’s rule into chaos, just after he had celebrated a victory lap and published a book celebrating wins over the coronavirus pandemic.

I think he should be named Governor of the Year, by the Democrats.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

My own mother doesn't see what he is accused of as being criminal.  In fact, she pointed out that if you can't handle being hugged, you can't handle very much.  Of course, the climate right now tends to make every allegation equivalent to sexual assault.  The reason I think he should resign is that it is too much of a distraction to be an effective leader.  However, he will have staunch supporters in New York who will urge him not to resign.

Al Franken should not have resigned.  That was the most ridiculous series of events I have ever witnessed.  These allegations are more serious than Franken's overall, but individually, some are just as sketchy.

• Like 1

Dude is the Democrat version of whatever GOP asshat you want to insert. He needs to be in jail. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

56 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Dude is the Democrat version of whatever GOP asshat you want to insert. He needs to be in jail. 

Sexual harassment is not crime. Sexual assault is, but it takes more than touching someone's face to be an assault for which you can get a conviction.

Like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

$50? That he runs his 4th Governors Campaign and comes within 7 points or wins?
Also an exception in case anything more than we know right now comes out?

haha naw. If I was to start betting on things it certainly wouldn't be on US politics.

I do strongly believe he will drop out of the race though. Too many powerful Democrats telling him he has to go, and it's a normal pattern for these powerful people to deny, say they wont resign, but then a few days or a few weeks later down they go.

I think we'll see the same here. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

...and the last shark has finally gotten to the feeding frenzy, hoping to get a foot or calf.

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

...and the last shark has finally gotten to the feeding frenzy, hoping to get a foot or calf.

Well, you know, the old man is kinda slow.... :big:

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1