Bo Nix, Jesus, & Criticism walk into a bar

W.E.D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got a point...if people are willing to criticize God in the flesh come down from heaven to save us from eternal damnation by willingly giving up his own life...then they will certainly criticize a college quarterback. 

He probably shouldn't have used that comparison though.

According to the recording of Jesus he was actually killed by those that criticized him. Equating that suffering to that of a game is.....yikes. Not a good statement in the so-called Bible belt.

19 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

According to the recording of Jesus he was actually killed by those that criticized him. Equating that suffering to that of a game is.....yikes. Not a good statement in the so-called Bible belt.

Yeah, I was wondering how that would play from the religious types.  I figured they'd kind of like it?

But I agree with you that it's just a bad comparison to use.  Like when Saban used 9/11 or someone will compare their suffering to Jews in Nazi Germany....just stay away from that.

Ok, so he threw three interceptions in a SEC game against South Carolina. 

Help me if I am wrong here, but in order to throw an interception, you first have to be in position to throw a pass.

Being in a situation where you are allowed to throw a pass in organized, competitive football at any level is reserved for only a few.

Being in a situation where you are allowed to throw a pass in organized, competitive football at a division one SEC school is even rarer.

I wonder how many critics of Bo Nix have ever been in either of the aforementioned groups?

If a Bama QB says something similar next week, the press will gush and report it as  an exemplary statement of purity, and a shining example of player development. 

It just tells you how much he appreciates his Lord and Savior, not in any way a comparison of situations. I’ve been to a men’s conference to hear his dad and McElroy from bama and I know he raised Bo to be a Christian. He was in no way saying his situation compared.

• WarTiger changed the title to Bo Nix, Jesus, & Criticism walk into a bar

I don't think it's a comparison....a perfect response that will rally the fan base. And if you're 50 and up? Omg the love went up exponentially!

I will cut Bo some slack as I think his intention was to say people will criticize anyone, even God in the flesh, so he will be criticized too.

However, I think it's a bit weird because it implies the criticism is unfair. Also says "nothing you can do about it". All this tells me he doesn't think he deserves the criticism he gets, and is surprised by it, which is disturbing. 

There IS something you can do about it, Bo. Play better.

5 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Let he who is without sin cast the first interception.

This is funny as hell

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I will cut Bo some slack as I think his intention was to say people will criticize anyone, even God in the flesh, so he will be criticized too.

However, I think it's a bit weird because it implies the criticism is unfair. Also says "nothing you can do about it". All this tells me he doesn't think he deserves the criticism he gets, and is surprised by it, which is disturbing. 

Ya nailed the first paragraph, feel like you  over-thought the rest.....at least based on what was posted. ...I didn't see the first question in the interview, so I may not know the context...in the OP, Nix opens up "As for the second question..."...He was obviously asked how he deals with criticism, so he had to answer....I just dont see the drama.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t think it implies that at all. 

all he is saying is even someone that is perfect like Jesus was criticized by his followers. So bo being an imperfect expects to be criticized. Comes w the territory. 

to derive anything negative from his comment is stretching it to far to find criticism. 

17 hours ago, TigerTale said:

He's got a point...if people are willing to criticize God in the flesh come down from heaven to save us from eternal damnation by willingly giving up his own life...then they will certainly criticize a college quarterback. 

He probably shouldn't have used that comparison though.

i think he is really upset and not doing better than he is. i think he meant well and it just came out wrong.

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Even Tom Brady gets criticized.

they even criticize me on here. me! and i am just a loveable old pot smoking geezer who would never hurt anyone.................

Bo is comfortable saying this because he is harder on himself than his critics and as a Christian, he knows others (sometimes harshly)  judge him regardless.    

There really isn't much to it.     I am proud of Bo for how he reps Auburn.

If he played at bama or Clemson with their OL,  he would not have nearly the picks or troubles or criticism.   I think he is going to have a sensational year with two proven QB coaches focused on him.    

Actually,  I am proud of the character of just about all our players - doesn't seem like we have any knuckleheads (to quote Pappoe).  We all have a lot to proud of.

Nothing wrong with what he said or how he said it. 

Are we going to criticize Bo's views on his views about being criticized?  Jeez...we really will criticize everything he does!

Bo... I get your point.  And it's a good one.  Not only for college QBs.  Seems like it's a good life lesson for all of us.

Ok Now!  You said it yourself!  Put your head down and get to work!!!    

Archived