Pegues moves to DT

Maverick.AU

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well has he done bad? i know there have been qb center problems and a few interceptions as well. what are you hearing golfster?

I'll leave it at that

22 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I just wet myself a little...

Finally something Golf can speak with authority on

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't think so

It was worth the ask.  I see you haven’t lost a step.

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told Bo has been struggling. OL is awful. Not sure how much AU is really doing besides Harsin and staff just going old school to see what they have and who they have. Much of the practices have been open so a lot is out for everyone to see. 

Oh boy! There won’t be any more hiding with this staff.  It’s still early but ppl better start getting it together. 

I think you can transition from regular football to dummy football quickly...not so sure you can transition from dummy football to a modern offense without it being a multi-year effort.  And with a shaky OL and inconsistent QB, doesn't look good.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe deal has put on weight since the new staff arrived?

I could be wrong, but there wasn't any huge surprise with his weight this spring.  

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I could be wrong, but there wasn't any huge surprise with his weight this spring.  

Agreed. Lots of guys popped on that list, but I don't remember Deal being one of them. 

I read somewhere earlier today that he's actually working more on the pass catching and route running aspects of the TE position, with getting faster being his primary focus. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Lots of guys popped on that list, but I don't remember Deal being one of them. 

I read somewhere earlier today that he's actually working more on the pass catching and route running aspects of the TE position, with getting faster being his primary focus. 

I don't thini he has the frame to gain weight. He seemed like more of a WR frame

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I think you can transition from regular football to dummy football quickly...not so sure you can transition from dummy football to a modern offense without it being a multi-year effort.  And with a shaky OL and inconsistent QB, doesn't look good.

I hate watching dummy football. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

too-easy-simple.gif

Lol I see you too have been inducted as a proud boy....congratulations💆🏾

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh boy! There won’t be any more hiding with this staff.  It’s still early but ppl better start getting it together. 

It's usually pretty bad before it gets better

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I see you too have been inducted as a proud boy....congratulations💆🏾

evil-dontyou.gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's usually pretty bad before it gets better

I feel like there is gonna be a sizable amount of attrition from one position group between now and the start of the season.

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Our OL is still terrible 

It seems he got the sacks against 2s or 3s In the pic he was locked up with Jalil Irving so had to at least be 2nd team. Your point still stands though lol.

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The only thing I'd like to know is if this was done with the idea that he's just fallen behind in terms of offensive value during the spring or they were just chomping at the bit to get him on the DL, and he was needed that bad. 

One outcome would have me optimistic about the TE room, the other might have me pessimistic about the DL. 

I know it was cool having JJ as a TE/HB and he was definitely a beast blocking, but I think this move should have been made as soon as he stepped foot on Campus. I mean...he didn't exactly light it up last year with his carries or receptions. Yes he can move well for a man of 300 lbs. but he isn't going to outrun a LB or DB IMO. He can be an absolute beast on the DL with his athleticism though. I think the TE room is one of the best on the roster and will be just fine without him in it. The DL is automatically better and deeper if you ask me.

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'll be interested to see what he looks like in August.  He never really had a body of a TE, but he wasn't working out to be a DT either.  He's 308 now, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 320 and still pretty lean looking

Look at his legs. He doesn't have the legs of a TE. There isn't a TE in the NFL that looks like him. He has a the body of a hoggy, period. Embrace it and take advantage.

As far as JJ the way I always looked at it was what if he fulfilled all potential. Between the 2 positions there's a big gap as far as impact if he does. If it translates he has potential to be all time great at d tackle.

But that's just my opinion

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I mean...he didn't exactly light it up last year with his carries or receptions

People reference stats, but the guy was used in wildcat literally to run straight and get one or two yards lol. He had one bad play in this usage, but people forget to mention the OL got blown up immediately on that play

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told Bo has been struggling. OL is awful. Not sure how much AU is really doing besides Harsin and staff just going old school to see what they have and who they have. Much of the practices have been open so a lot is out for everyone to see. 

I think both of those things should've been expected. Gus's system is clearly problematic and helps nerfs QB's mental clock, but Bo also just has a bad mental clock and wasn't great at reading the field when the option was there. I can only imagine how he's doing in a pro style, high level language offense

OL just needs the touch of Midas

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People reference stats, but the guy was used in wildcat literally to run straight and get one or two yards lol. He had one bad play in this usage, but people forget to mention the OL got blown up immediately on that play

I am not mentioning stats. I am just talking about his plays period. What can he do that our other TE's can't do and possibly better? I actually think he played really well. Deal is our best blocker IMO. Frazier is probably our best pass catching option. I mean where does JJ shine in the room other than..."oh boy here comes the 300 lb TE...who is nimble on his feet. I like him in a GL set but that is about it. I think it's just the novelty of him being 300 lbs and really athletic....for 300 lbs.....I am just happy he moved.

55 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not mentioning stats. I am just talking about his plays period. What can he do that our other TE's can't do and possibly better? I actually think he played really well. Deal is our best blocker IMO. Frazier is probably our best pass catching option. I mean where does JJ shine in the room other than..."oh boy here comes the 300 lb TE...who is nimble on his feet. I like him in a GL set but that is about it. I think it's just the novelty of him being 300 lbs and really athletic....for 300 lbs.....I am just happy he moved.

I mean, the carries as far as running went still went according to how I described them. There's no TE on our roster that's doing much better than that. He seemed to be a pretty average catching TE, maybe above average if you consider his weight, not a great feel for being out in space though. 

Archived