Dee Davis Article

Timbeaux38

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

How much PT did he get this season?  Any mop-duty, or any mention of him getting prepped to be the #2-#3 QB on the roster?  Hell, Finley was hobbled badly in the IB and the coaches kept him in the game even after he became a liability rather than give DD a few snags.

None of this means that he was being ignored.  It simply just means he was not ready to see the field.

I expect to see him get a series or two and have a package for him in the bowl game.

It is simple to plug and play any quarterback in a Gus Malzahn offense.  Not so much in a Harsin offense.

I also believed he was the scout team quarterback so he was getting plenty of attention and training. 

Harsin know how to handle quarterbacks and to put them in the right position to be successful.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

None of this means that he was being ignored.  It simply just means he was not ready to see the field.

I expect to see him get a series or two and have a package for him in the bowl game.

It is simple to plug and play any quarterback in a Gus Malzahn offense.  Not so much in a Harsin offense.

I also believed he was the scout team quarterback so he was getting plenty of attention and training. 

Harsin know how to handle quarterbacks and to put them in the right position to be successful.  

That’s good to hear. Hopefully the kid stays with Auburn and has the patience to wait and see where he lands in the lineup after the new QBs get on campus.

Coaches get to see something we don’t.  It’s called practice.  If he was lightning it up in practice he would be seeing the field on Saturdays.  Hopefully they have just been bringing him along slowly and he will get a real chance to compete next season.  I can certainly see why the had to get Bo and TJ the large majority of the practice reps in the new offense leading up to this past season.  Loy had a big edge in experience so if anyone was going to get some reps in case of emergency it was him.  This spring we will likely only have 3 competing with Dee probably #2 with a chance to move up.  

• Like 2

He is being ignored , yet he keeps refuting transfer rumors, something the fans & sports writers keep trying to push 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

That’s good to hear. Hopefully the kid stays with Auburn and has the patience to wait and see where he lands in the lineup after the new QBs get on campus.

Agreed, I loved watching his high school tape.  I would be like, "I would pay to go see this kid play."  There seems to be something special about him.  If he was 6'3" I think he would have been a top 10 player in the country.  The only negative he has is out of his control, height.  the only other possible thing is how quickly he can process things on the field, it is always the mystery with every freshman quarterback.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Agreed, I loved watching his high school tape.  I would be like, "I would pay to go see this kid play."  There seems to be something special about him.  If he was 6'3" I think he would have been a top 10 player in the country.  The only negative he has is out of his control, height.  the only other possible thing is how quickly he can process things on the field, it is always the mystery with every freshman quarterback.  

Hope that he gets his chance to really compete for the job.

• Like 1

I appreciate the determination.  I also understand that there comes a point in time where the choice becomes to either never show your ability or be somewhere that you think you can.  Does anyone think that Malik Willis would be drafted this year had he stayed at Auburn?

4 hours ago, keesler said:

How much PT did he get this season?  Any mop-duty, or any mention of him getting prepped to be the #2-#3 QB on the roster?  Hell, Finley was hobbled badly in the IB and the coaches kept him in the game even after he became a liability rather than give DD a few snags.

I’ve heard people say he needs to work on taking care of the football.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

He is being ignored , yet he keeps refuting transfer rumors, something the fans & sports writers keep trying to push 

Do you know that he is being ignored or are you speculating since he doesn't play on Saturdays? Him refuting that he is leaving is to be admired. I will reciprocate that loyalty and will cheer for him no matter if it is at Auburn or elsewhere.

By elsewhere I mean if Harsin and company end up liking Geriner better and DD needs to transfer to play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Do you know that he is being ignored or are you speculating since he doesn't play on Saturdays? Him refuting that he is leaving is to be admired. I will reciprocate that loyalty and will cheer for him no matter if it is at Auburn or elsewhere.

By elsewhere I mean if Harsin and company end up liking Geriner better and DD needs to transfer to play. 

I thought the being ignored part was sarcasm

5 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

You

my post: giphy.gif?cid=5e214886val0xyxrj1s179ifva

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 12:33 PM, oracle79 said:

I hope we end up with 84 more with that type of attitude and character.

Why would anyone give that statement a thumbs down?

• Thanks 5

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

You sure about that?

Post-Spring Height & Weight Changes - Page 2 - AU Football ...

Great show.  I am really glad my parents had me watch that as a child.

• Like 1

At what point will the kid start saying "I" instead of "we".  This is his life to live now, and not his father's.  I think he's the best QB on the roster, and he should have played this year, but that Ball family "WE" attitude is weird vibes tbh.

• Dislike 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, CodeRocket said:

I know a lot of people on this board are very high on Finley as the heir to or even replacement for Nix, but I still like D.Davis.

From what I saw in the spring game, he moves around in the pocket really well, was pretty accurate on deep throws, checked down quickly under heavy pressure, and when he did run, he was pretty dangerous. Showed a lot of poise for someone a few months out of high school. People say that spring games tell you nothing but I think the guy can play. Time will tell.

I REALLY want him to get an opportunity in a live game. 

53 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I REALLY want him to get an opportunity in a live game. 

Bowl game would be perfect

• Like 4

My husband read somewhere that Davis, Sr asked the coaching staff to not play DD this year.  He wanted him to get settled into school and sit back and learn.  This article on him is just awesome! I really want to see him play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, CodeRocket said:

I know a lot of people on this board are very high on Finley as the heir to or even replacement for Nix, but I still like D.Davis.

From what I saw in the spring game, he moves around in the pocket really well, was pretty accurate on deep throws, checked down quickly under heavy pressure, and when he did run, he was pretty dangerous. Showed a lot of poise for someone a few months out of high school. People say that spring games tell you nothing but I think the guy can play. Time will tell.

You know it wasn’t that long ago it wasn’t even a thought about freshman starting at QB with few exceptions. I’m not sure using freshmen QBs is a great idea either. Often they get overwhelmed not only by the better  athletes but also facing the grind of college and college life. I think most freshmen should come in hoping to get a year to adjust before being called to lead especially in the SEC . 

On 12/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, AUBwins said:

Bowl game would be perfect

Absolutely perfect time to work him into a genuine game situation. Of course not put the entire game on his shoulders, but allow him to compete. Better conditions than non-contact A-Day play.