Afghanistan: All that the U.S. Accomplished in 20 years with thousands of Casualties and over a $Trillion in Investment Will Fall to the Taliban Within a Few months.

CoffeeTiger

This is my opinion.

The withdrawal was long overdue. I have absolutely no problem with it. What is bothersome is the manner in which we drew down.  The military should never have been removed until all support staff, contractors, civilian workers, interpreter, all Afgani alies, or any other vulnerable american assets. Then the military should have left. Done this way and none of the unfolding cluster is happening. That's the shameful part. We should absolutely have done better.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I think most of the US was sold on the idea of not being in Afghanistan for long. I dont think anyone thought we would be there 20 years. We should have exited before Bush43s first term was up, but by then, Halliburton and others were making far too much money. The never ending military contracts....the never ending cash and profits, it was just so stupid. trump, has his blind squirrel moment and gets one thing right and Biden does the correct thing and gets out. There is no need to criticize Biden, He did what we had to have happen. it was going to end this way no matter how long we stayed.

E301425C-A075-4B12-84DC-BE15C1620B22.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Interesting tidbit, one of the top leaders of the Taliban and Afghanistan's potential next ruler is Mullah Baradar, who the US and Pakistan captured in 2010, but was released back to the Taliban via a request from the Trump administration in 2018.  

Here's a nice little tidbit for you.........remember Bowe Bergdahl

https://nypost.com/2021/08/16/taliban-leader-was-freed-from-guantanamo-in-2014-swap-by-obama/

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

E301425C-A075-4B12-84DC-BE15C1620B22.jpeg

And there we have it, the bottom line and ultimate reason.  But I'm sure no politicians own any of those stocks right :-(

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is my opinion.

The withdrawal was long overdue. I have absolutely no problem with it. What is bothersome is the manner in which we drew down.  The military should never have been removed until all support staff, contractors, civilian workers, interpreter, all Afgani alies, or any other vulnerable american assets. Then the military should have left. Done this way and none of the unfolding cluster is happening. That's the shameful part. We should absolutely have done better.

To add to this: Psaki said earlier that there are still ELEVEN THOUSAND Americans still in Afghanistan not to mention the tens of thousands of Afghans who are going to be rounded up and executed in the next few weeks for aiding us. You literally could not have screwed this up worse if you tried. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

To add to this: Psaki said earlier that there are still ELEVEN THOUSAND Americans still in Afghanistan not to mention the tens of thousands of Afghans who are going to be rounded up and executed in the next few weeks for aiding us. You literally could not have screwed this up worse if you tried. 

Link? I assume these are contractors, etc?

21 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Link? I assume these are contractors, etc?

It was in today's press conference. I'm a lazy bum so you're just gonna have to watch it yourself.