Hudson sliding down the depth chart?

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty crappy of Blackerby to frame it as Hudson "sliding down the depth chart" instead of Johnson moving up. 

He’s a journalist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

Finally, not to go too far defending someone, but writers don't write the headline, editors do. 

I'm embarrassed I didn't know that. Thanks for illuminating me on that. I wonder if the editor added the bit at the end of the article, too. Because, speculative or not, it's a pro-Johnson (hey-o) article. Whether or not it's speculation is immaterial. It's how it's framed. It's not dissimilar from a glass half full vs half empty scenario.

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's real, and it's spectacular.

Folks said that he dyed his hair but I'm not sure he didn't just *stop* dying it.

I think you are onto something. 

And thanks for making my morning.

• Love 1

Just listened to Shannon shape talk about the importance of being a cadence and rhythm because the first part of training camps are drops, bad throws, etc.......

He's just a hof and one of the best receiving tight end of all time though.....here these guys are reporting a drop earlier in the week and 4 months ago.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm embarrassed I didn't know that. Thanks for illuminating me on that. I wonder if the editor added the bit at the end of the article, too. Because, speculative or not, it's a pro-Johnson (hey-o) article. Whether or not it's speculation is immaterial. It's how it's framed. It's not dissimilar from a glass half full vs half empty scenario.

Odds are the editor is a turd, as well. Which is why AL.com and similar local media formats are written and/or titled like they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty crappy of Blackerby to frame it as Hudson "sliding down the depth chart" instead of Johnson moving up. 

I am surprised he didn't say it as "Auburn's most NATURAL WR is sliding down the depth chart. The NATURAL WR has been dropping passes. There isn't a more NATURAl WR than Hudson on this team he just can't put it together. Next year he will be a starter because he is a NATURAL WR."

I listen to Zac's show everyday, but he has driven me crazy with that crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am surprised he didn't say it as "Auburn's most NATURAL WR is sliding down the depth chart. The NATURAL WR has been dropping passes. There isn't a more NATURAl WR than Hudson on this team he just can't put it together. Next year he will be a starter because he is a NATURAL WR."

Yikes. That sounds painful. 

I'd be curious if the dude can articulate what he means by that. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

No he can't. He has been saying this going back to when he committed. I think he heard one of the recruiting insiders on an interview say that Kobe played QB is highschool but he was a natural WR and he has grabbed that and stuck with it. I find it odd that he even wrote this article. He always says stuff like "Is there a more NATURAL wr than Kobe Hudson?" It drives me crazy. I almost stopped listening to his show over this it gets under my skin so badly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Negative headlines generate more hits, I imagine.

I agree but I feel this being auburn board guys shouldn't be so strong to push a narrative. At least let some proof come out, a pattern. Literally nobody even said well if we're saying there was a problem with drops last year (I personally didn't notice anymore drops than you see in a year) this is literally an entire different group. Nobody even have any starts. This group doesn't deserve that. 

Comments saying it was a problem last year makes sense how even if it was true? Different players, different coaches, different scheme......etc

Now do this, imagine if it were stories saying Bo threw an off pass can he ever be consistent? It would be a fit, and in that example it would at least be the same guy returning, but that would still be bull. 

And lastly my problem is why would we damage ourselves? Start putting all this unwarranted pressure on ourselves why? It's a fine line in making things optimal for your players and make them accountable for EVERYTHING. 

I said this just stating my opinion, I don't want you to think I'm fussing at you or anything. I know me and you are cool and on the same page. I don't want other people to read it and get their feelings hurt.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You don't have to be a former player or anything but you should some knowledge on what you are reporting.....he's one of those catching a ball isn't hard types.....when you explain stuff like that you make everything no big deal. Football isn't hard, it's just catching a ball, it's just throwing a ball it's not hard, baseball is simply hitting a ball etc....anybody can do it!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Odds are the editor is a turd, as well. Which is why AL.com and similar local media formats are written and/or titled like they are.

I refuse to post anything they write!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

They thought the description someone used to describe Hudson was ridiculous and they brought it all the time as a joke.  The joke did get old.  

46 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

They thought the description someone used to describe Hudson was ridiculous and they brought it all the time as a joke.  The joke did get old.  

I honestly don't think it was a joke. Not at first. Maybe it became a joke after time, but when he first started the mess I didn't take it that way. ICBW

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I honestly don't think it was a joke. Not at first. Maybe it became a joke after time, but when he first started the mess I didn't take it that way. ICBW

I was listening when they first brought it up.  They were both laughing and asking "What does that even mean?".  Then they just started cramming it in.  They thought it was much funnier than it actually was.  It got old fast.  Much like Jay G Tate constantly saying "Word" and imitating Gus.  Becomes irritating.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

I was listening when they first brought it up.  They were both laughing and asking "What does that even mean?".  Then they just started cramming it in.  They thought it was much funnier than it actually was.  It got old fast.  Much like Jay G Tate constantly saying "Word" and imitating Gus.  Becomes irritating.  

Not saying you are wrong, but I haven't missed an episode and I do not remember that. IT has been many beers ago. Either way....It urks my friggin nerves to the core.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’re exactly right. He’s starting to take the James Crepea approach of negative slants to his reporting. 

Looks like we got us another'n.

This dork is currently getting disemboweled by AU Twitter. (Green, not Goodman.)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This dork is currently getting disemboweled by AU Twitter. (Green, not Goodman.)

Posted about this earlier in the players talk to the media thread. However I didn't post the tweet Bc I don't think they deserve any interactions 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This guy is a clown. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao

Not sure how they are wrong? 

Nitt he worst thing in the world but Def odd. 

Edited by W.E.D