Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

Man seeing alot of the auburn family's true colors with this issue. Not very surprising with the overall demographics of Alabama but still disheartening nonetheless.

It's very apparent from many of yall's stances and replies that, yall never [or not in a very long while] wrote a scholarly paper in college that had to utilize peer reviewed scholarly accredited journals as sources, never went to college in the first place, or are so blinded by conspiracy theories or "faith" that you cannot logically distinguish scientific truth from Q propaganda.

Like I tell people who ask what it's like to be from Alabama: "the state itself is beautiful, majority of the people... not so much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, UncommonGrackle said:

I’m a fully vaccinated person who listens to my doctor and advocates for others to do the same. I am not against you. I understand your frustration. My wife, mother and best friend are in healthcare. I know how triage works. I know how insurance works. I understand how transplant lists work. I know that procedures can be denied.

I also know that hospitals don’t boot heroin addicts, COPD,  DUI wreck and gang war victims out to die in the street. 

There are those in this thread advocating for unvaccinated to not be treated or to even seek treatment. Again, I get the frustration. It seems that some people are putting themselves and others at risk through their behavior after being informed of the risk and then taking up resources. 

All I’m saying is if a segment of the population who does things we don’t agree with are left entirely on the outside looking in for healthcare why stop there. Maybe we make em sign a legal document, you can do whatever you want, no vaccines, heroin is legal, juggle chainsaws whatever but don’t call us when it goes bad. 

This is what you don’t get!  Most heroin addicts and alcohol addicts don’t make it to the icu. You guys make up the most ridiculous examples to rationalize stuff. We try to not to place people in the ICU unless they need a vent or significant drip management . You can manage an heroin addict and alcohol detox person in the ED. Oh btw guess where they go 9/10 once they are stabilized? To a lock unit in mental health. If you have to get admitted to an icu things are grim, which is why I don’t understand why the heck you wouldn’t try to do everything in your power to not go that route. 

“Well what if someone is diabetic and obese?” 

umm if they get admitted it is usually to a med surge floor. Very rarely do people get admitted right into the icu unless it’s a traumatic event and they go to trauma icu . Most ICU stats are from elective surgeries or to stabilize a patient for a night or two then send them right back to the floor. The problem is now we have to prioritize covid , so elective surgeries even get put on the backside. 

Edited by DAG

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I see certain folks are finding any little thing they can to latch on to to avoid acknowledging the facts- the safest course of action is getting the vaccine- and to avoid discussing personal responsibility, to one's family and to one's community.

It's pathetic behavior. Truly.

It's sad how far they are willing to stick their heads in the sand.

There really should never have been a debate over this issue but so many people in this country lack empathy for their fellow Americans and only see thungs from the perspective of a self interested, selfish, I got mine so F everyone else type of mentality. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UncommonGrackle said:

There are those in this thread advocating for unvaccinated to not be treated or to even seek treatment.

I have only seen if put forth as a philosophical appeal to logic and reason, but I haven't ready everything. 

That said, the "and others" part of your post is very important and has everything to do with why this isn't like most other issues facing health care and public safety. 

For those that still don't get that, even Jerry Jones gets the "and others" part:

So does the Auburn Creed, btw:

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I worked in the ICU for six years. Completely CCRN. Been in MRICU, CVICU, SICU, transplant and travel icu. I can count on one hand how many people who overdosed or has been extremely drunk have actually been in the ICU. Majority of the time they are stabilized in the ED and sent out. However, COVID has been problematic in the ICUs

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

It's sad how far they are willing to stick their heads in the sand.

There really should never have been a debate over this issue but so many people in this country lack empathy for their fellow Americans and only see thungs from the perspective of a self interested, selfish, I got mine so F everyone else type of mentality. 

Yup! We've fallen very very far from the times when women would draw lines on the back of their legs because they'd given up pantyhose for the war effort. Now we have a bunch of damned Karens- gender neutral at this point- buying up all the toilet paper and scared of a damned needle.

And, of course, they're the ones whining about the country being "soft". 

Vaccine discussion is a loaded topic and often relegated to heavy categories such as politics or religion. It's trying to have a chat based on a polarizing perspective...in other words "It's a Trap!" discussion. 

Regardless, at a superficial level, it's not a good look for AU when Harsin is sitting at home quarantining in August. It just isn't. I am not talking about vaccine choice but a mature and successful head coach is on the field getting their team ready for September. There is no substitute for that quality in-person time. Everyday is important. 

Championship level teams are hyper focused on exposure because the risk of forfeiture means they are most likely out of the CFP conversation. It's not about one person getting exposed but the contact tracing that follows. I want to give Harsin every opportunity to make a difference at AU and I believe in the coaching staff but again this is a bad look for AU at the local and national level. Especially, vs. SEC peers and CFP heavyweights. Makes us look like we don't belong in the sandbox. 

Mason sounded more like a head coach and leader of young men on this topic. I believe the SEC proposed vaccination levels which can equate to a reduction or elimination in testing and mask wearing. I would think that alone would be HUGE incentive for programs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Sure you can. ;)

Everyone knows the left opposes good healthcare.

You wouldn't know the difference between "good" and access. 

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

Man seeing alot of the auburn family's true colors with this issue. Not very surprising with the overall demographics of Alabama but still disheartening nonetheless.

It's very apparent from many of yall's stances and replies that, yall never [or not in a very long while] wrote a scholarly paper in college that had to utilize peer reviewed scholarly accredited journals as sources, never went to college in the first place, or are so blinded by conspiracy theories or "faith" that you cannot logically distinguish scientific truth from Q propaganda.

Like I tell people who ask what it's like to be from Alabama: "the state itself is beautiful, majority of the people... not so much.

Good to know where you stand as well. Look down your nose much? Seriously. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Well, healthcare is pretty worthless if you can't access it.  (How's that?)

We just had someone compare a person getting shot from inner city violence to an individual who chooses not to get vaccinated. People are so out of touch with reality it is disgusting. 

• Like 2

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-bulldogs/no-covid-19-mandates-planned-for-georgias-sanford-stadium/S445H2CKVBBAZEBEVTABCUTEUQ/

I’ve been told from someone with Tennessee Athletics that fans will not need proof of vaccination or a negative test prior to entering Neyland Stadium.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup! We've fallen very very far from the times when women would draw lines on the back of their legs because they'd given up pantyhose for the war effort. Now we have a bunch of damned Karens- gender neutral at this point- buying up all the toilet paper and scared of a damned needle.

And, of course, they're the ones whining about the country being "soft". 

Facts would say very few commenters in this thread, board or society in general have any real experience with making sacrifices for the broader society.  Maybe the argument shouldn't be presented that way unless you're  credentialed in that regard...and also in understanding who you're trying to make that point to.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Good to know where you stand as well. Look down your nose much? Seriously. 

Yes, I will gladly look down my nose at the people I described in my post.

Just now, Didba said:

Yes, I will gladly look down my nose at the people I described in my post.

🤣 I like the brevity even if I disagree with the tact.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, healthcare is pretty worthless if you can't access it.  (How's that?)

Oh you can access it. I have hands on experience in that regard. Let's just say not every negative issue leads back to the GOP. They have co-equal disfunction. 

12 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-the-world

Article that cites a study with industry standard established methodologies. The US is ranked 32nd. The majority of the countries in the top 20 have some form of universal Healthcare. The old argument of universal healthcare=bad Healthcare really hasn't held weight in the last twenty years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

We just had someone compare a person getting shot from inner city violence to an individual who chooses not to get vaccinated. People are so out of touch with reality it is disgusting. 

Agree with you on this. I don't get people comparing apples and trains. 

Just now, Didba said:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-the-world

Article that cites a study with industry standard established methodologies. The US is ranked 32nd. The majority of the countries in the top 20 have some form of universal Healthcare. The old argument of universal healthcare=bad Healthcare really hasn't held weight in the last twenty years.

Didn't say that at all. I was specifically talking about the current state of healthcare and the state of healthcare over the last three decades in particular. In my perfect world it would be a combination of government managed and private sector cooperation. So far neither party has the balls to fix it universally. 

This thread is ugly and should probably go away. Nobody here is going to change their minds based on anyone else's opinions. Tribalism at it's finest. I have my opinions as do others, but after countless threads of arguing, I think it's time to let this one go away.

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

🤣 I like the brevity even if I disagree with the tact.

Ha, well they teach us to try and be as concise as possible in law school these days.  Called the plain language legal writing reform.  Mostly due to the fact that the last 100 years of attorneys and judges lack the ability to be concise and straight to the point.

Most still struggle with conciseness as my reply here indicates. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Ha, well they teach us to try and be as concise as possible in law school these days.  Called the plain language legal writing reform.  Mostly due to the fact that the last 100 years of attorneys and judges lack the ability to be concise and straight to the point.

Most still struggle with conciseness as my reply here indicates. 😂

I'm a fan. :)

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Didn't say that at all. I was specifically talking about the current state of healthcare and the state of healthcare over the last three decades in particular. In my perfect world it would be a combination of government managed and private sector cooperation. So far neither party has the balls to fix it universally. 

My bad. At work and glanced over your comment. I misread and misunderstood it. Apologies.

• Like 1