Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

20 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Let's think about it for a moment. Suppose I am given task of crossing the 10 lanes of interstate traffic on the Downtown Connector in Atlanta during rush hour traffic. My options are 1. Cross with a blindfold on during the busiest hours of the day 2. Use a Pedestrian Bridge which safely carries me above the traffic; however, I do have to consider that the Bridge may collapse as I am crossing on it. I go with the Bridge every time!

But, hey, I also do not take Ivermectine nor Hydroxychloroquine.

Not sure what you are trying to say in all that.    The vaccine is the bridge.  The real and present danger is the virus.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not anytime soon.  The great governor  (extreme yellow font) signed into law a ban on Covid passports. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do not believe we should be allowed to require such a thing until AU requires the Auburn Team (Coaches and players) to do the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Who would'a thunk our new head coach would be one of those guys? 

(Maybe you answered your own questions.)

I followed the protocols about as well as one could, and I'm potentially infected too (have to wait a day to get a test done because so many mother****ing people on campus are also in the same boat), so I don't want to say that Bryan is definitively not masking up, etc etc 

I just wish the guy'd get vaccinated for his own sakes, at the very least 

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Kind of a side topic  but not worth another thread..

With the NIL stuff,  could yella fella (or other well off alum) offer $500 to to the players  to get a vaccine?

They'd probably prioritize those signed to them, but I don't see why not. I'd even think the university could incentivize it at this point

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jesse Jackson and his wife are both vaxed and they're both currently HOSPITALIZED with COVID. So not only does it not protect you from getting infected, and doesn't prevent you from infecting others, it also doesn't even guarantee to "reduce symptoms" either. Oh yeah, and it's effectiveness against the new variants is basically laughable (see: Israel).

And this is the treatment that EVERYONE should just get...because?

What you actually have is people who did as they were told, who now want reassurance in the form of everyone else in society being subjected to the same fate as themselves. It's an extremely common human psychological crutch that has been proven through experiment. All masked under some pseudo-moralistic veil of being "on the right side" of something. No, you aren't a hero who is saving the planet - you're just doubtful and scared yourself, and it feels comforting if everyone else in the tribe is injected with the same potion.

You are quite right, it only protects someone possibly up to a rate of 80+%. However, not having taken the vaccine protects someone up to a rate of 0%. But I applaud your right to be unvaccinated, just keep yourself out of any interaction where your decision may effect me.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They'd probably prioritize those signed to them, but I don't see why not. I'd even think the university could incentivize it at this point

Just seems like a power player that spends probably 10+ grand on game weekend would be willing to put forth 20 grand to ensure our players can play.  

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Not anytime soon.  The great governor  (extreme yellow font) signed into law a ban on Covid passports. 

Not a political post, just a series of facts, but some state officials that may happen to be in red states, are regretting having to capitulate to voters and tie their own hands of those mandate options. One such being the governor of Arkansas https://www.npr.org/2021/08/04/1024939859/arkansas-governor-reverse-law-let-schools-require-masks

• Like 1

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Just seems like a power player that spends probably 10+ grand on game weekend would be willing to put forth 20 grand to ensure our players can play.  

You'd think! But being Alabama based people themselves, who knows what Yellawood thinks of something like vaccinations. It's just such a wide ranging mentality shift that needs to occur

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Not sure what you are trying to say in all that.    The vaccine is the bridge.  The real and present danger is the virus.

Yes, the vaccine is the bridge, I suppose and anyone that knows Atlanta traffic knows there would be no way to survive walking across I-75/I-85-even without being blindfolded. But, the risk of the bridge falling had to be mentioned to cover folks that want to tout the risks faced when taking the vaccine. No big deal. The default position may best be the old "survival of the fittest' scenario.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

The default position may best be the old "survival of the fittest' scenario

Well that doesn’t happen because people who completely against vaccination, runs to the hospital. They don’t care about the recommendations from physicians but have no problem accepting any and everything if they get sick enough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not a political post, just a series of facts, but some state officials that may happen to be in red states, are regretting having to capitulate to voters and tie their own hands of those mandate options. One such being the governor of Arkansas https://www.npr.org/2021/08/04/1024939859/arkansas-governor-reverse-law-let-schools-require-masks

That's my turf.  Arkansas's Hutchinson is almost as bad as desantis and that Texas guy when it comes to the virus. .  To make it worse,  he literally said he wished he didn't sign that law,  and only did it because of the rest of his buddies would have pushed it through anyway.   He has yet to take any kind of action to change it or accepted responsibility as the leader of the state to correct is peer pressured mistake.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I had to see my oncologist for 3 straight months from April to June, after not seeing him in 2020 due to Covid. However, that was due to keeping an eye on my hematocrit count since it was elevated. My oncologist did not say anything one way or another about the vaccine, so it is just my choice.

Presumably, you have some knowledge of how your cancer might possibly affect your immune system upon the introduction of a vaccine.

I am a cancer survivor also - specifically mucosal adenocarcinoma of the appendix - which was treated surgically in April.  My oncologist never mentioned any associated risks in that regard, nor did it even occur to me to ask.

Bottom line, some "preconditions" aren't. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jesse Jackson and his wife are both vaxed and they're both currently HOSPITALIZED with COVID. So not only does it not protect you from getting infected, and doesn't prevent you from infecting others, it also doesn't even guarantee to "reduce symptoms" either. Oh yeah, and it's effectiveness against the new variants is basically laughable (see: Israel).

Some people taking BP meds have heart attacks, some people wearing seat belts die in traffic accidents, and some people who don't smoke get lung cancer. Using your logic no one should take precautions for anything. Except a basic knowledge of logic and statistics say otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

That's my turf.  Arkansas's Hutchinson is almost as bad as desantis and that Texas guy when it comes to the virus. .  To make it worse,  he literally said he wished he didn't sign that law,  and only did it because of the rest of his buddies would have pushed it through anyway.   He has yet to take any kind of action to change it or accepted responsibility as the leader of the state to correct is peer pressured mistake.    

It's a shame yknow. I can actually applaud (that) side for realizing that this whole politics mess is just a brutish fight, where one side wants to win FOR THEM more than anything. And they band together on almost everything, even if it's gonna cost lives. Sometimes it's a positive, right now though? 

Alabama's neighbors clowned Ivey for being essentially the last to remove the "At Home" mandates and now she's plum tuckered out on the idea of re-instating ANY (AT ALL!!!). That group think is a double edged sword 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

easy now homer...I can come up with A LOT of other diseases and ailments that have plagued hospitals for decades that were a result of government interventions from the left. But hey! Live in your fantasy.......suits you. 

Sure you can. ;)

Everyone knows the left opposes good healthcare.

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Yes, see Israel, But see ALL of it and not just that which you choose to see. Laughable? Well, not so much. The mitigation of hospitalization and serious illness among those vaccinated in Israel is as strong as battery acid.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/178241-allen-greene-needs-to-step-up-concerning-vaccinations/page/23/?tab=comments#comment-3413183

"Israeli health officials on Thursday reported that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is just 39 percent effective in preventing infections with the more contagious Delta variant, while noting that the vaccine remains highly effective in preventing serious illness and hospitalization, according to reports.

New statistics from Israel’s Health Ministry, released Thursday, indicated that the vaccine jointly developed by Pfizer and BioNTech provided 88 percent protection against hospitalization and 91.4 percent against severe illness, while being just 39 percent effective against the Delta strain, Bloomberg reported.

https://www.journalposts.com/israel-finds-39-percent-effectiveness-of-pfizer-vaccine-in-halting-delta-variant-infections-reports-jp/

Edited by CleCoTiger

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

i am the exact opposite of a parasite to society.  i have a job, pay taxes, pay for my own health insurance, raise a family, do volunteer work, donate to charity, donate to my schools and those of my children and family, put money away for retirement and for my children to attend college, and give my time to my local community.  i have never collected unemployment.  since i graduated from auburn i have never NOT had a job.  i am 50 plus and in really good shape.  other than when my children were born, i have never spent a night in a hospital.  i am not obese.  i don't have any preexisting conditions.  i don't smoke.  i have never had a flu.  i have never had a flu shot either.  i have O blood type.  i have somehow managed to avoid COVID.

you on the other hand have thousands of posts on a message board and think you know what's best for me.  thanks but no thanks.

(I've been here a long time.)

But be sure to maintain your stellar record of responsibility and yield your covid bed in the ICU to someone who deserves it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

In the promo I have seen AD AG states that he has in fact been fully vaccinated and is promoting vaccinations as a positive thing.

That’s what I thought too. Thx for the follow up.

1 hour ago, metafour said:

And this is the treatment that EVERYONE should just get...because?

What you actually have is people who did as they were told, who now want reassurance in the form of everyone else in society being subjected to the same fate as themselves. It's an extremely common human psychological crutch that has been proven through experiment. All masked under some pseudo-moralistic veil of being "on the right side" of something. No, you aren't a hero who is saving the planet - you're just doubtful and scared yourself, and it feels comforting if everyone else in the tribe his injected with the same potion.

Because relatively rare exceptions do not disprove the statistically-based rule?    :dunno:

Again, science is for wussies, right?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

(I've been here a long time.)

But be sure to maintain your stellar record of responsibility and yield your covid bed in the ICU to someone who deserves it.

And who shall be the arbitrator of who is deserving?  Or shall we just defer to the old angry guy who sits in in house all day posting on internet message boards?

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Kind of a side topic  but not worth another thread..

With the NIL stuff,  could yella fella (or other well off alum) offer $500 to to the players  to get a vaccine?

If they cut a PR piece, why not?