Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

1 minute ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I’m not here to argue, simply to “vote.” IMO it’s a massive failure of leadership on Harsin’s part. I don’t know why. Maybe he doesn’t think he should take the vaccine. But Auburn’s head coach should protect the university and the players, if not Alabama. A clear statement is necessary.

The vaccine protects us from getting infected, drastically lowers the chance of our being hospitalized or dying, and protects our communities. Just look at the case, hospitalization, and death rates of states where vaccination rates are low. Serious side effects are extremely rare, while serious side effects of Covid are not.

I’m not going negative on Harsin because of this mistake. But I am disgusted.

it does not protect you from getting infected.

56 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Be a parasite to society.

That's a slippery slope. There are many groups that could be classified as that as well.

22 minutes ago, Butthead said:

i am the exact opposite of a parasite to society.  i have a job, pay taxes, pay for my own health insurance, raise a family, do volunteer work, donate to charity, donate to my schools and those of my children and family, put money away for retirement and for my children to attend college, and give my time to my local community.  i have never collected unemployment.  since i graduated from auburn i have never NOT had a job.  i am 50 plus and in really good shape.  other than when my children were born, i have never spent a night in a hospital.  i am not obese.  i don't have any preexisting conditions.  i don't smoke.  i have never had a flu.  i have never had a flu shot either.  i have O blood type.  i have somehow managed to avoid COVID.

you on the other hand have thousands of posts on a message board and think you know what's best for me.  thanks but no thanks.

Indeed Superman, but what happens if you come in contact with kryptonite?

20 hours ago, DAG said:

So let’s do a risk or benefits analysis. No protection versus 40 percent protection . Yeah let’s go with no protection . That makes sense 

Don't forget the " provided 88 percent protection against hospitalization and 91.4 percent against severe illness"  or as Japan would say, "falling off the cliff".  :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If someone said that they're waiting on FDA approval, then at least they have to contradict themselves- as opposed to MSM, experts (who they call "experts"), libtards, that guy who stole the election, all the data, science, the health care community, etc- in order to not now get the shot. Might not matter but at least now it's "But YOU said..." Not Fauci, not Rachel Maddow, not Hillary Clinton, but the very person in question.

Maybe you missed it Loof, but these same people booed Trump when he said to get vaccinated.

You think they are going to trust the FDA?

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

it does not protect you from getting infected.

Jesse Jackson and his wife are both vaxed and they're both currently HOSPITALIZED with COVID. So not only does it not protect you from getting infected, and doesn't prevent you from infecting others, it also doesn't even guarantee to "reduce symptoms" either. Oh yeah, and it's effectiveness against the new variants is basically laughable (see: Israel).

And this is the treatment that EVERYONE should just get...because?

What you actually have is people who did as they were told, who now want reassurance in the form of everyone else in society being subjected to the same fate as themselves. It's an extremely common human psychological crutch that has been proven through experiment. All masked under some pseudo-moralistic veil of being "on the right side" of something. No, you aren't a hero who is saving the planet - you're just doubtful and scared yourself, and it feels comforting if everyone else in the tribe is injected with the same potion.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I presume final FDA approval for Moderna is in the works. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are, as far as my limited understanding goes, very similar. Honestly, I'm dubious as to the long term effectiveness of any vaccine against COVID as the virus continues to mutate. That's not that much different than mutations in viruses that cause the flu or the common cold, and that's also why I'm dubious as to the idea of long term immunity through infection. None the less, the large degree of mitigation reported out of Israel is nothing to be disregarded. Those mitigation numbers as to hospitalization and serious illness are pretty dang strong.

That's exactly why I take the flu vaccine every year as part of my healthcare regimen.  It doesn't necessarily prevent me from catching the flu - which has happened - but it makes the symptoms far less worse.

As anyone who has had a serious case of the flu will attest to (which I also had prior to my 'getting religion' on the flu vaccine) that's not a small thing.

After a couple of months after my cancer surgery, I came down with a thoracic infusion on my righ, which resulted in more surgery - a thoracotomy with decortication.  Now that does concern me since I've got one lung that's still not fully recovered (or never will be). 

So my concern is with Covid (for obvious reasons), which is even more reason to get vaccinated - or in my case, a booster. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Maybe you missed it Loof, but these same people booed Trump when he said to get vaccinated.

You think they are going to trust the FDA?

I hear you, but I don't know what the Venn of "waiting for FDA" and "actually showing up at that uber redneck super spreader event to cheer on the disgraced guy that fomented open rebellion and domestic terrorism" actually looks like. 

I'm willing to believe there were a lot of people who fall in the first camp but not the second. A lot of people in North Alabama specifically and percentage-wise? Maybe not.

Also, we have to keep in mind that there are a ton of nonvaccinated nonwhite people with, on average, very different political motivations than the inbred psychobillies that attended that circle jerk in Cullman. 

• Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Hank2020 said:

Thought I had seen AG doing commercials promoting getting vaccinated.

In the promo I have seen AD AG states that he has in fact been fully vaccinated and is promoting vaccinations as a positive thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jesse Jackson and his wife are both vaxed and they're both currently HOSPITALIZED with COVID.  

Jesse Jackson's wife has NOT been vaccinated.    She is having a harder time than Jesse.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, we have to keep in mind that there are a ton of nonvaccinated nonwhite people with, on average, very different political motivations than the inbred psychobillies that attended that circle jerk in Cullman. 

Bears repeating. The history of what was done to nonwhites is not ancient, and it may be an afterthought (if that) to Caucasians on the whole, but it's not an afterthought to the races that were the subject of some experiments of the past. That distrust is fading and with time I hope it disappears. But for now, we are left to deal with that history and those who are descended from people who were subjected to it. May such things never be repeated...

Edited by CleCoTiger
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is no different than these requirements to attend Auburn University  and almost every high school, middle school and college.

https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/pm/Students

All incoming students are required to complete the electronic medical information and immunization form through Clearwave Vactrack. You will receive an email invite to your AUBURN email address. You will create an account with Clearwave and then you will receive an email to activate their account. Once the account is activated, you will receive another email for Vactrack. Login to Vactrack using the same credentials used with Clearwave.

REQUIREMENTS
Tuberculosis Testing
TB skin test OR blood test
Must be recent. No older than 6 months from the first day of class for your expected start semester
A chest x-ray is NOT an acceptable alternative
Measles Vaccine
Typically found in the form of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
2 doses required if received in childhood. 1 dose is acceptable if it was received recently.......

Careful.

One possibility of getting these people thinking is they may refuse all of those other vaccinations as well.

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Jessie Jackson's wife has NOT been vaccinated.    

9 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jesse Jackson and his wife are both vaxed and they're both currently HOSPITALIZED with COVID.

Jesse Jackson is also 79 with Parkinson's, so he's already at risk for both age and condition.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You don't have to have the vaccinations,  but what is the logic of you actively trying to talk others into not getting it?   that is just psychotic.

There is no need for you to be so fearfull of a shot.   Man up get the vaccine.  Be brave.

Let's think about it for a moment. Suppose I am given task of crossing the 10 lanes of interstate traffic on the Downtown Connector in Atlanta during rush hour traffic. My options are 1. Cross with a blindfold on during the busiest hours of the day 2. Use a Pedestrian Bridge which safely carries me above the traffic; however, I do have to consider that the Bridge may collapse as I am crossing on it. I go with the Bridge every time!

But, hey, I also do not take Ivermectine nor Hydroxychloroquine.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

My .02 cents for what it's worth, everyone should have medical autonomy to do what they want to their own bodies.  Every person is unique and their bodies react to things differently.  Medicine/vaccines, etc that work for one person won't work on another person.  It's a decision that people should make after talking to their physician and doing research themselves.  No one should be forced to do anything - we're all guinea pigs in this COVID vaccination process.  Having said all that, I'm fully vaccinated and it's my opinion others should get vaccinated as well.

6 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Jesse Jackson is also 79 with Parkinson's, so he's already at risk for both age and condition.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jesse-jackson-wife-jacqueline-responding-positively-covid-19-treatment-n1277419

Jesse Jackson has been fully vaccinated, receiving his first shot in January at a public event where he urged others to do the same. But Jacqueline Jackson has not been vaccinated, according to longtime family spokesman Frank Watkins. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-08-23/rev-jesse-jackson-and-wife-remain-hospitalized-for-covid-19

Jesse Jackson has been vaccinated, receiving his first shot at a public event in January. Jacqueline Jackson's vaccination status was unclear. 

https://www.kulr8.com/news/national/rev-jesse-jackson-and-wife-remain-hospitalized-for-covid-19/article_b80af854-7719-5387-b3af-46c715ba7427.html

It is easy to confirm a vaccination  if you received one.  Not so clear if you didn't

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

18 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Not really,  those trails took Longer in time, but this is the most scrutinized vaccine in rollout history. 

There have been 100's of thousands  of doctors working on this vaccine around the world since the start,  and  MRNA vaccines had ben studied for close to 2 decades.   Long term effects of Vaccines almost invariably show signs within the first 6 weeks after vaccination.  There has been NO evidence of any long term effects   2,500,000,000  shots  and 1.5 years later

Those did not go through more trials.    They just took linger go to through all the trials because the laws limited the number of  participants and number of  trails that could be done before fast tracking.

Everything that has been tested on those vaccines was tested the same with the Covid vaccine.    The covid test just happened in a shorter amount of time.

Don't bother.  He's probably just looking for a rationalization that keeps him from looking like one of the "freedom" posters, actual facts be damned.

(BTW, another point you didn't mention was how laboratory technology has become so much more advanced (efficient/faster) than it was 50 years ago.)

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We actually had a potentially longer timeline than 6 months with the previously dominant strain. Delta just beat the hell out of that 

Now, now, the main problem is all the lying the scientific community has been doing to deceive us.  ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Interesting. Alot of places in Portland are trying this. Went to a conference and happy hour and had to show card or negative test to get in. We were supposed to wear masks indoors but everyone just moved out side to feel more comfortable. Felt weird putting on the mask to go down to elevator after but it's just the nature of reality at the moment. 

I'm curious if Alabama might try something like this...alot of bama fans heads might explode or actually take it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jesus. We're getting lapped by *LSU* on matters of social responsibility. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

My imaginary source says,  2 weeks after Akron.  (then PSU)  so ,  actually  starting these requirements at the GSU game in JHS.

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

My imaginary source says,  2 weeks after Akron.  (then PSU)  so ,  actually  starting these requirements at the GSU game in JHS.

I'm guessing your imaginary source understands how trends and, well, just generally paying attention to things that happen work, and knows that these requirements will be implemented as a reaction to negative events and not as a preventative of them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Probably will be one of the last.

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

If people can go fight for our country, they can consume alcohol. There's no real difference in 18-21 when it comes to tobacco or alcohol, they all make stupid decisions. 23-24 is when people start to wake up, and that is personal experience 

You just explained why 18-21 year-olds make excellent soldiers but terrible drinkers. ;D