Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t care what the Coach’s opinion on Covid is. He works for the university and is supposed to be doing what’s best for the players and the university. Saben has Alabama at 100%. Why? Because if we are not we can expect to lose a couple of games because of players getting the virus. This isn’t the coaches call it the University presidents call and Greene should tell Coach H that failure to do it would be cause to fire him without completing his contract. Just stupid. Now the coach has Covid and probably has spread it to the team. I beginning to think we hired the wrong guy. 

i am not sure you can force anyone to get the shot. i have both of mine and i will get the booster.

• Like 7

what was that doom and gloom song on hee haw? i was not a fan but had to watch it because my parents had to see it. i am ready for something great to happen. too much bad stuff happening and too many auburn fans fighting. winning would take care of a whole lot of this. the older i get the more sacred auburn and winning gets because no one knows how long they have left.

I am worried that people will die from heart attacks from getting so fired up and stressed out about this topic before the actual virus can get them. It's a difficult and serious topic. The most important thing right now is the health of those who got the virus in this outbreak, not football. There's a big divide over the vaccine, and we won't change each others minds on here. I think we can all agree that regardless of our opinions, it's important for these guys to get healthy for their own sakes. Our first two games are Akron and AL state. They should all be back well before then, and those games will allow us to figure stuff out. People need to stop with declaring Harsin a failed leader and throwing this season down the drain over a virus that is unpredictable. Log off, go for a jog, play golf. Ultimately, no one knows if we or any team will make it through without issues. Let's see how it plays out. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations
4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

From most accounts AD AG has the same views as Harsin. 

Thought I had seen AG doing commercials promoting getting vaccinated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

From most accounts AD AG has the same views as Harsin. 

What do you mean most accounts? I hope you have some solid info to back up statements like this. 

• Haha 1

I don't understand - this is a monetary issue for the university/program as the bowl payout for a 6-6 bowl is a lot different than the bowls you go to with 8/10 wins. So if missing a key player or coach affects the win/loss column - or worse yet a forfeiture comes into play with lost revenue from the game and a win - that difference alone makes getting to 100% vitally important. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

These are grown ass men. They can make their own decision. Didn’t you fools criticize him when he tried to dictate budgets ? Lol. Grown men are accountable for their own actions.

No it’s Green’s responsibility to watch out for the student athletes.  He should direct his coaches to follow protocol and protect his players. The SEC has already announced that teams that fail to get to 85% will not be cut any slack. Again Alabama is at 100% because the coach did what good coaches do and set the example by getting vaccinated first. At this point I just don’t have any faith Harsin, I think we made a major mistake and we will be firing him in the next year or two. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 7

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What do you mean most accounts? I hope you have some solid info to back up statements like this. 

What are you going to do if I don't?

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Thought I had seen AG doing commercials promoting getting vaccinated.

Seems like I remember that too. But recent reports have said the two has similar lazefairlaissez-faire attitude on covid and the vaccine 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

What are you going to do if I don't?

Call you out as someone who throws out random crap on the internet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not sure you can force anyone to get the shot. i have both of mine and i will get the booster.

Not a matter of force. You can explain the consequences like dying or killing someone else or losing ballgames because you were selfish. That’s what leaders are supposed to do. Look out for the welfare of others instead of being so damn selfish and childish. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like I remember that too. But recent reports have said the two has similar lazefairlaissez-faire attitude on covid and the vaccine 

Funny since our other sports are mostly vaccinated . Football is running far behind the rest of the athletic program and I believe that Harsin is the cause of that. 

• Like 6

Washington got so fed up with the Washington State football coaches anti-vaccine views that they passed a mandate law requiring university employees to get vaccinated. 

Last indication was the coach was planning on ‘abiding by the law’

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Call you out as someone who throws out random crap on the internet

Just talking about what others talked about.

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Washington got so fed up with the Washington State football coaches anti-vaccine views that they passed a mandate law requiring university employees to get vaccinated. 

Last indication was the coach was planning on ‘abiding by the law’

What's wild is they were at 80% and everyone was pissed

all of this mess is going to get so bad on here we are not going to be able to talk any kind of football without interruptions and threads getting locked. this is going to turn into a mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Our own president said he wouldn’t get it and didn’t trust it just 8 months or so ago. 

Except that’s false and our President never said that or anything even remotely similar. 

He said he’d take the vaccine when the medical community declares it was safe and effective and that’s exactly what he did. 

• Like 6