Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

A savior is born!  His name is Vax and he’s been baptized by Fauci, where the spirit of health descended upon him in the Jordan.  Save us o Holy Vax!  You are our only hope!

Now let’s turn to the book of CNN and read tonight’s scripture.

FBF098BB-AB17-42FB-97BF-104F80381838.jpeg

You don't have to have the vaccinations,  but what is the logic of you actively trying to talk others into not getting it?   that is just psychotic.

There is no need for you to be so fearfull of a shot.   Man up get the vaccine.  Be brave.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Leadership from Mason

Screenshot_20210824-074549.thumb.png.5036e40baaeee9b00cacbb63498d9f9e.png

Probably the closest well get to a “recommendation” publicly from the immediate staff. Kudos 

Aside from that, glad he beat the thing and I hope the time off helped him in some capacity! WDE coach Mason

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You don't have to have the vaccinations,  but what is the logic of you actively trying to talk others into not getting it?   that is just Psychotic.

There is no need for you to be so fear full of a shot.   Man up get the vaccine.  Be brave.

Also some sad irony to see the tone of that and then whining about ostracizing and attempted insult ("safe groups") immediately after. 

Sounds like dude had some personal experiences that did a powerful number on his feelings about health related issues. Sometimes those are the hardest to look past and to avoid projecting out over the broader landscape. But it's hard to be empathetic when they go the full crazy a**hole route about it. In fact, given that blatant apathy sent in return, I have no reason to try.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Leadership from Mason

Screenshot_20210824-074549.thumb.png.5036e40baaeee9b00cacbb63498d9f9e.png

On can only hope our HC puts out a statement like this 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Gather together with your safe group and ostracize those not like you.  This process should confirm your choices and make you feel better.

You 3 that have commented first are some of my favorite personalities on this board.  Have truly enjoyed your viewpoints on football.  If this is where we split so be it, I wish you nothing but the best.

I couldn’t care less about what you think about football. That’s a game. You aren’t even trying to carry a conversation about covid. You are just being straight up silly. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

those dirty bastards. i have three rescues.

They were just interpreting the rules...ends justify the means, of course. What could possibly go wrong when you have the Army enforcing quarantine measures. 

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

They were just interpreting the rules...ends justify the means, of course. What could possibly go wrong when you have the Army enforcing quarantine measures. 

well i was a squid...........lol

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I'm good with odd. But things can go from odd to lunatic douchebag pretty quick.

Is that horse dewormer thread still up? I'm sure he can find some companionship there. 

It's certainly letting me test whether there's an ignore cap.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

It's certainly letting me test whether there's an ignore cap.

Well, I'll be starting on page 6 of my list pretty soon, soooooo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Semper Fi squid...

i had a couple of marine friends in dc and you guys were awesome. long may you run brother.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Butthead said:

Exactly. Most, not all but most, progressives don’t want any debate. They know what is best for everyone. 

Yep, avoid vaccination then expect treatment in an ICU. Be a parasite to society.

All for "owning the libs".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Yep, avoid vaccination then expect treatment in an ICU. Be a parasite to society.

easy now homer...I can come up with A LOT of other diseases and ailments that have plagued hospitals for decades that were a result of government interventions from the left. But hey! Live in your fantasy.......suits you. 

On 8/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Butthead said:

Exactly. Most, not all but most, progressives don’t want any debate. They know what is best for everyone. 

You're avatar name is soooo appropriate.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, cbo said:

As you can see in this thread, the anti-vaxxers have absolutely no plan for solving this huge problem we are all in. They only poke holes and nitpick the available plan, which is always the easiest thing to do. 

In the remote chance it is proven that the vaccine does not help, I will still be glad that I at least tried to do what the experts advised to keep everyone safe. 

Science is for wussies!

On 8/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, eagle12 said:

What a double standard! Really 4 plus years of crying like female dog’s about Russia interference then so on and so on that is really crazy! 

Yeah, everyone knows Russia didn't interfere.  Putin told Trump as much. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:17 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Isn't it just wonderful that in the very first day of school, guys brought covid on campus? No wherewithal for submitting a negative test at least a week before the first day? Nothing like that Auburn? 

Who would'a thunk our new head coach would be one of those guys? 

(Maybe you answered your own questions.)

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:33 AM, BJCrawford said:

I have no skin in the game here. My whole family is vaccinated BUT everyone wanting to take this approach should pass these out to the obese, smokers and drinkers while they are at it.  They are testing our medical system as well

You make a good point, but apparently our medical system was capable of handling them prior to the pandemic.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, Butthead said:

brah, there is nothing credible about the huff post.  and you live in Anniston.  

If your intent was to prove that - and you had any sense at all - you wouldn't have chosen a factual article to do it with. :-\

Edited by homersapien

26 minutes ago, homersapien said:

i am the exact opposite of a parasite to society.  i have a job, pay taxes, pay for my own health insurance, raise a family, do volunteer work, donate to charity, donate to my schools and those of my children and family, put money away for retirement and for my children to attend college, and give my time to my local community.  i have never collected unemployment.  since i graduated from auburn i have never NOT had a job.  i am 50 plus and in really good shape.  other than when my children were born, i have never spent a night in a hospital.  i am not obese.  i don't have any preexisting conditions.  i don't smoke.  i have never had a flu.  i have never had a flu shot either.  i have O blood type.  i have somehow managed to avoid COVID.

you on the other hand have thousands of posts on a message board and think you know what's best for me.  thanks but no thanks.

22 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

All you have done here is confirm that you aren't really familiar with HuffPo. HuffPo has a fair share of "woo" BS. But it also has a hard news side. Same as Fox.

On edit...

To be very clear, I don't rely on or recommend HuffPo as a primary news source any more than I rely on or recommend Fox. As I said earlier though, not everything at either site is chaff. There is some wheat. I'm not about to ignore accurate info simply because of the URL (web site) where it's found. Like I said, logical fallacies (ad hominem) 101.

Second edit...

Hard news at HuffPo:  https://www.huffpost.com/news/

Politics (often slanted and not necessarily hard news, but it varies) at HuffPo: https://www.huffpost.com/news/politics

I rest my case.o

I get your point, but I didn't see anything on either site that was inaccurate.

I think people just fall back on the "fake news" meme when what they are reading doesn't comport to their political views.

I’m not here to argue, simply to “vote.” IMO it’s a massive failure of leadership on Harsin’s part. I don’t know why. Maybe he doesn’t think he should take the vaccine. But Auburn’s head coach should protect the university and the players, if not Alabama. A clear statement is necessary.

The vaccine protects us from getting infected, drastically lowers the chance of our being hospitalized or dying, and protects our communities. Just look at the case, hospitalization, and death rates of states where vaccination rates are low. Serious side effects are extremely rare, while serious side effects of Covid are not.

I’m not going negative on Harsin because of this mistake. But I am disgusted.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

So to summarize:

We don't know if Bryan Harsin is vaccinated or not. Reportedly Mason is vaxxed, but has also tested positive.

We have heard that there is opposition in the locker room among players to the vaccine. This sounds like some group think is happening. Keep in mind that these are young adults who were aware of the vaccine before ever even meeting Bryan Harsin for the first time. 

Harsin was likely very aware of the opposition in the locker room before his comments at SEC media days. Remember coaches showed up with vax rate numbers so the league's rule wasn't new knowledge. 

Harsin and the team's medical staff have encouraged vaccination.

Regarding the SEC's vax rule. The athletic department was told they'd receive the official policy before the season. Well.....at least one well connected insider has said that the SEC has yet to provide a written policy of vax rates and testing protocols, only rhetoric. 

Now assuming Harsin himself is vaccinated, how could he have handled this situation better other than affirming his own status publicly?

Doing some PR announcements (like Saban, Greene and others) is one obvious option.

But my problem is that he has not revealed his vaccination status, which clearly implies he's not vaccinated.

• Like 2