Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am not attacking you.  I am just curious what people that say that think is an "decent period of time"  VS the number of trials.    I keep hearing comparison of the covid vaccine to vaccines that have been around for "years".  and "acceptable amount of time".  There has to be a point at which you would feel safe getting a vaccine.   2 years?  10 years?  18 years?  40?

If something had be in trials for 5+ years I would feel better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am well, I just have my own way dealing with Covid, as I have had it, I think people are more than willing of having reservations, and also getting vaccinated at their own discretion

We would possibly disagree on what the general population should be doing but I get where you are coming from. You unfortunately have different circumstances than most and know more about your personal health than some dummy like me on the internet. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am a cancer survivor, so no I don't care about a rushed vaccine that hasn't been trialed for a decent period of time, no. But I'm sure plenty of people here can tell me better about my own personal health 

That is precisely what they think Maverick...that's kind of the whole reason for where this thread has gone.  

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

We would possibly disagree on what the general population should be doing but I get where you are coming from. You unfortunately have different circumstances than most and know more about your personal health than some dummy like me on the internet. 

All good my friend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a cancer survivor, and someone that has had Covid, the testing longer and more trials is exactly why I don't want to get the vaccine . It's not some conspiracy or some other bs. I just don't feel comfortable getting it, no matter what anybody says, at this stage

Totally can understand and respect that 

• Like 1

I love how even handed he Aussies are being in their Covid lockdown measures

A local government in Australia, under its interpretation of COVID-19 restrictions, has opted to shoot and kill animal shelter rescue dogs to "protect" the community from the risk of virus transmission. The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Bourke Shire Council, in the state's northwest, slaughtered the dogs to prevent volunteers at a Cobar-based animal shelter from travelling to pick up the animals last week, according to the council's watchdog, the Office of Local Government.

According to the local health municipality, there are no local COVID-19 cases

https://thepostmillennial.com/australian-rescue-dogs-shot-dead-to-prevent-spread-of-covid-19/?utm_campaign=64474

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Totally can understand and respect that 

Which is food for thought, look at the amount of players that have been diagnosed with NHL and HL in college football, I was NHL, and we have multiple cancer survivors on our team. All in all. I respect their decision either way 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

If something had be in trials for 5+ years I would feel better 

What we have currently is five or more years worth of data collected in a little over one year. No, that's not exactly the same but it's solid enough in most circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

If people can go fight for our country, they can consume alcohol. There's no real difference in 18-21 when it comes to tobacco or alcohol, they all make stupid decisions. 23-24 is when people start to wake up, and that is personal experience 

Cool. Not really what I was getting at but okay.  Honestly, it's funny that that was what you got out of my comment. Not surprised that's your view either.

Like I said before it'd be great if the SEC started to use the thing universities really care about ie media money to incentivize vaccinations. Louisiana complied pretty quickly when the federal money spigot started to be affected. I bet every SEC school would be near 100% vaccinated if the SEC reduced the money share for schools that forfeited games resulting in lost media money from the forfeited game.

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

And again, you can say that and it is not the same for every person. I don't feel comfortable taking it for these reasons and that is just me. There is nothing to say someone may not be in that certain percentile, or also who knows if a few years down the road some things come out that are negative of the first vaccine. Either way, that is my viewpoint on it. I don't fault anyone for getting the vaccine or not. But I think people are more than willing to have their reservations about it as well as being more than willing to be vaccinated if they choose

I have a buddy in med school right now, he survived a rare form of leukemia as a kid.  His oncologist recommended that he get the vaccine. You say you have reasons that make you feel uncomfortable receiving it.  Are they based off what an oncologist told you regarding your specific situation? If so then no issues.

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

A local government in Australia, under its interpretation of COVID-19 restrictions, has opted to shoot and kill animal shelter rescue dogs to "protect" the community from the risk of virus transmission. The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Bourke Shire Council, in the state's northwest, slaughtered the dogs to prevent volunteers at a Cobar-based animal shelter from travelling to pick up the animals last week, according to the council's watchdog, the Office of Local Government.

https://thepostmillennial.com/australian-rescue-dogs-shot-dead-to-prevent-spread-of-covid-19/?utm_campaign=64474

Excuse me.......WHAT?!?!?!😳🤬

"A local government" in Australia. Not "Australia". "Australia" has launched a probe into it 

I don't think you guys want to get in a pissing contest with any other country over the level of stupidity that "a local government" can display.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, AUDevil said:

These athletes are dying left and right, somebody do something!!!!

image.jpeg

A savior is born!  His name is Vax and he’s been baptized by Fauci, where the spirit of health descended upon him in the Jordan.  Save us o Holy Vax!  You are our only hope!

Now let’s turn to the book of CNN and read tonight’s scripture.

FBF098BB-AB17-42FB-97BF-104F80381838.jpeg

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A savior is born!  His name is Vax and he’s been baptized by Fauci, where the spirit of health descended upon him in the Jordan.  Save us o Holy Vax!  You are our only hope!

Idiotic 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Oh, wow. You really are one of those.

Stay away from people, please.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, wow. You really are one of those.

Stay away from people, please.

It is crazy watching posters on here become conspiracy theory nuts.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Truly is exposing certain posters. I always thought the dude was odd but this just confirms it.

31 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Truly is exposing certain posters. I always thought the dude was odd but this just confirms it.

Yeah. I'm good with odd. But things can go from odd to lunatic douchebag pretty quick.

Is that horse dewormer thread still up? I'm sure he can find some companionship there. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gather together with your safe group and ostracize those not like you.  This process should confirm your choices and make you feel better.

You 3 that have commented first are some of my favorite personalities on this board.  Have truly enjoyed your viewpoints on football.  If this is where we split so be it, I wish you nothing but the best.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Gather together with your safe group and ostracize those not like you.  This process should confirm your choices and make you feel better.

You 3 that have commented first are some of my favorite personalities on this board.  Have truly enjoyed your viewpoints on football.  If this is where we split so be it, I wish you nothing but the best.

am i one of your fav posters? if not i will not feel guilty hanging with my safe group. lets see if you can take a joke this early.

6 hours ago, Didba said:

I have a buddy in med school right now, he survived a rare form of leukemia as a kid.  His oncologist recommended that he get the vaccine. You say you have reasons that make you feel uncomfortable receiving it.  Are they based off what an oncologist told you regarding your specific situation? If so then no issues.

I had to see my oncologist for 3 straight months from April to June, after not seeing him in 2020 due to Covid. However, that was due to keeping an eye on my hematocrit count since it was elevated. My oncologist did not say anything one way or another about the vaccine, so it is just my choice.

10 hours ago, japantiger said:

those dirty bastards. i have three rescues.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Leadership from Mason

Screenshot_20210824-074549.thumb.png.5036e40baaeee9b00cacbb63498d9f9e.png

Oh so D. Mason cares about someone other than himself. Seems to be becoming rarer and rarer these days. Hopefully he can run off on some of his colleagues and players. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Leadership from Mason

Screenshot_20210824-074549.thumb.png.5036e40baaeee9b00cacbb63498d9f9e.png

I hope nobody honestly thinks there's a chance that he just jeopardized his relationship with the fanbase or with Auburn PTB with this.

Harsin's silence grows louder. 

• Like 1