Open Practice...

Tigerpro2a

I didn't see a thread for notes from practice today so I thought I would start one. I will pass along info as I see it and we can all share the wealth.

Smoke Monday was running with the 2's to start practice. Puckett and Knighton with the 1s.

Coffey started at RT with Troxell JAckson Brahms MAnning from L to R. Not sure Why Jackson is playing G unless they still mixing and matching which scares me.

J. Johnson, D. Robertson, and S. Jackson with the 1s, Hudson, Canion and Jet Johnson the 2s.

J Johnson 1st team PR

J johnson and Worm 1st team KR.

NOTE- I just read another post that contradicts some of this. Said first OL consisted of Trox, Council, Brahms, Jones and Hamm.

T.D. Moultry (EDGE), Colby Wooden (DL), Marcus Harris (DL), Derick Hall (EDGE), McClain, Pappoe, Kaufman, McCreary, Pritchett, Monday, Knighten.

I think maybe the first batch of info was from practice drills, and these are from pace and 11 on 11. TWIW

I will post more as I hear more.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I actually like that OL group outside of Council not being in there. Jackson can be a good guard imo. Smoke will have a big role but don’t mind seeing Puckett and Bydarius back there at all. Thanks for the notes @Tigerpro2a

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I actually like that OL group outside of Council not being in there. Jackson can be a good guard imo. Smoke will have a big role but don’t mind seeing Puckett and Bydarius back there at all. Thanks for the notes @Tigerpro2a

Yea, that could actually be a very good pass pro unit for what we have. 

Yea that about Smoke doesn't concern me. He will definitely be the day 1 starter. I just thought it worth sharing.

Based on those clips, not much to glimmer from this. Let's get to Akron. BTW, the Nebraska-Ilinois game was a sad joke. Hopefully, we look competent when we play. 

• Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

Based on those clips, not much to glimmer from this. Let's get to Akron. BTW, the Nebraska-Ilinois game was a sad joke. Hopefully, we look competent when we play. 

Harsin wasn't going to show anything of relevance to the public. Enjoy the info and clips, but yeah...hard to take anything from it.

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin wasn't going to show anything of relevance to the public. Enjoy the info and clips, but yeah...hard to take anything from it.

This! It was just a team practice event for fans. I had to leave a bit early, maybe I missed something.

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Message boards need to have an option of meeting in person & throwing on some gloves to settle the beef & name calling. lol 

Just block and ignore.

Has made the board way nicer for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

based on a sample of 2, Nix was a mixed bag. not necessary to stare down the TE on the simple curl to Shenker. It's a hard route to defend so might not be too big a deal against most competition. However on the throw to Johnson from the endzone, he appears to look left then back right to the WR.

• Haha 1

Passes being thrown between the hash marks shows me all I need to see at this point. QB completion percentage goes up dramatically between the hashes.

• Like 5