Pats cut Cam, name Mac Jones starter

TitanTiger

All I know is this. Being unvaccinated may have not completely cost him the job in NE, but it will make him getting a job that much harder. He definitely won't be going to Washington , where coach rivera is a huge proponent of the vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

All I know is this. Being unvaccinated may have not completely cost him the job in NE, but it will make him getting a job that much harder. He definitely won't be going to Washington , where coach rivera is a huge proponent of the vaccine. 

I read where Cowboys have interest.  I doubt they would care. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s exactly right.  Cam has only himself to blame.  Cam is one of my all-time favorite players (I am sure I am not alone), but it is obvious to me that the wear and tear on his body has caused his skills to diminish.  Add to that the uncertainty of his potential playing time this season due to his vax status puts some question marks on his resume. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yeah as long as he is a backup. I read the ravens too but that makes zero sense. Two unvaccinated QBs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah as long as he is a backup. I read the ravens too but that makes zero sense. Two unvaccinated QBs?

Yea in the same QB room.  Disaster waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

I think if Cam wants to play,  he would be best served to backup a QB that could very well fall in front of him, like injury risk or just not that good.  Or maybe a rookie situation where they really aren't ready to be starter. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

I think if Cam wants to play,  he would be best served to backup a QB that could very well fall in front of him, like injury risk or just not that good.  Or maybe a rookie situation where they really aren't ready to be starter. 

I think the Jets could be a place if they don't feel like Wilson is ready. Giants would be good because Daniel Jones is turnover prone.  Cam could beat that guy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think the Jets could be a place if they don't feel like Wilson is ready. Giants would be good because Daniel Jones is turnover prone.  Cam could beat that guy. 

No Way. You get someone like Wilson, New York is expecting him to play now. Giants for sure though.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

No Way. You get someone like Wilson, New York is expecting him to play now. Giants for sure though.

Right, i agree they are expecting him to and he played well towards the end of camp. I knew there were rumblings early he was struggling.  Probably media led rumblings. 

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

That’s exactly right.  Cam has only himself to blame.  Cam is one of my all-time favorite players (I am sure I am not alone), but it is obvious to me that the wear and tear on his body has caused his skills to diminish.  Add to that the uncertainty of his potential playing time this season due to his vax status puts some question marks on his resume. 

I don't believe at all that Cam has only himself to blame.

He was going to lose the starting job whether it was 1st game or down the line. Look at the numbers in the preseason and how many passes Cam was allowed to throw and Mac was allowed. Jones was given a lot more passing opportunities bc they wanted him to get as much experience as possible.

Cam, leaving the facility was approved by Belichick, so I don't think the vaccine issue had much to do with it.

Once the coach and OC felt comfortable going forward with Jones, who knows what they asked Cam, if all. No one knows if he was told he would be 2nd team or asked if he would rather be released.

Once Cam was not first team, they already had a veteran QB in Hoyle that new that offense inside and out, and Stidham would be back sometime too. Cam simply was not going to be needed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Cam, leaving the facility was approved by Belichick, so I don't think the vaccine issue had much to do with it.

Just so you will know, what Cam did at that doctor’s appointment broke the NFL protocol and that caused him to be sidelined for five days.  As an unvaccinated player he is supposed to have a Covid test everyday, and he did get one at that appointment, but he failed to notify the Patriots about that.  That is was caused the suspension.  I personally think that was a peccadillo by Cam and should not have caused a suspension, but the NFL thought otherwise.  So, yes, that visit did result in a vaccine problem.  

9 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Just so you will know, what Cam did at that doctor’s appointment broke the NFL protocol and that caused him to be sidelined for five days.  As an unvaccinated player he is supposed to have a Covid test everyday, and he did get one at that appointment, but he failed to notify the Patriots about that.  That is was caused the suspension.  I personally think that was a peccadillo by Cam and should not have caused a suspension, but the NFL thought otherwise.  So, yes, that visit did result in a vaccine problem.  

I didn't say his visit didn't cause a vaccine problem. It DID cause an NFL protocol problem, therefore the suspension from the facility. All I said was that NE game him permission.

What I was referring to, was that him not being vaccinated in the end was not what caused him to lose his starting status. It simply was inevitable he was going to not be their starting QB...

And once he didn't win the starting job, they didn't need him as a backup either.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I don't believe at all that Cam has only himself to blame.

He was going to lose the starting job whether it was 1st game or down the line. Look at the numbers in the preseason and how many passes Cam was allowed to throw and Mac was allowed. Jones was given a lot more passing opportunities bc they wanted him to get as much experience as possible.

Once the coach and OC felt comfortable going forward with Jones, who knows what they asked Cam, if all. No one knows if he was told he would be 2nd team or asked if he would rather be released.

Once Cam was not first team, they already had a veteran QB in Hoyle that new that offense inside and out, and Stidham would be back sometime too. Cam simply was not going to be needed...

Lol at even saying the name stidham. And no one knows any of the stuff you stated, but pretty much everybody in the know says the covid stuff had a bunch to do with it. 

Bill himself said you need two QB's. I'm interested to see how it goes. He was sacked 4 times by the Giants second team. Cam just need a fan base that wants him and a place that actually needs a qb.

You'd think with what all he did for them they would have at least done that for him but this is a game that uses people not help them. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Surprisingly, Jerry Jones has been a vocal proponent of his team getting vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part of what made Cam great is part of the reason his career may be over (I know somebody may pick him up). He was a physical freak big, strong, fast and he ran that way. Even a body as big and strong as Cams is impacted by being hit and hitting others which he often did to get a 1st down or score. It takes a toil on the body. Yes he could throw but often when things got tough he did what it took to help his team which take a hit to get what was needed, you can't say anything much better about a player than that. 

That is a lot of pounding his arm hasn't been the same for at least two years and as he got older and more banged up he is a step slower. It would be great if he did get picked up by another team but only if he is healed enough so that he can go out looking like the Cam Newton we know and love. If not lets celebrate a great man and a great career.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I didn't say his visit didn't cause a vaccine problem. It DID cause an NFL protocol problem, therefore the suspension from the facility. All I said was that NE game him permission.

What I was referring to, was that him not being vaccinated in the end was not what caused him to lose his starting status. It simply was inevitable he was going to not be their starting QB...

And once he didn't win the starting job, they didn't need him as a backup either.

Lotta people bringing up the protocol stuff, you were merely the most recent, hence the quote...

new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-says-cam-newton-vaccination-status-had-no-factor-release

"No. Look, you guys keep talking about that," Belichick told reporters Wednesday morning.

Newton was away from the Patriots for five days last week due to what the team called a COVID-19 protocol "misunderstanding." He missed three practices over that stretch, which allowed rookie Mac Jones to take control of the team.

Also worth mentioning, we don't know if Cam is vaccinated or not. He said he didn't like disclosing medical information. 

• Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Also worth mentioning, we don't know if Cam is vaccinated or not. He said he didn't like disclosing medical information. 

Vaccinated players do not have to get a Covid test every day. Cam has to get tested every day.  Pretty sure that means he has not been vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it interesting people that say he's done or whatever have no rebuttal for the fact that he was hurt got better threw the ball great, then got sick and didn't look great. It's like covid doesn't count for cam. 

When people like you every excuse in the world will be made, when you don't fit their ideology people will ignore whatever they can to say you suck. People died from covid. There are people who had covid over a year ago that say they still don't feel the same to this day but with cam it's he couldn't play. On a team with zero weapons mind you! 

And what's even worse Brady, Manning or one of those guys would have held their team hostage and demanded they get some weapons around them.....cam just kept quiet, sacrificed his body time and time again and now it's used as a reason to say he sucks. While they are class personified and he has a red flag because of personality....can't make this up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And what's even worse Brady, Manning or one of those guys would have held their team hostage and demanded they get some weapons around them.....cam just kept quiet, sacrificed his body time and time again and now it's used as a reason to say he sucks. 

This is such a great point. Rodgers can complain and hold out and no one has an issue with it. Honestly, I don't either, but imagine if Cam did the same.

He's been getting unfairly hammered for over ten years, and he just shows up and does his job, on weak offenses. Never been in trouble, gives to charity, comes back to Auburn and sits in class like a normal guy. But sometimes he dresses kind of goofy, so he "brings it on himself."

I can only think of one explanation for all this, but I'll keep it to myself. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Don't mind me, I'm just here for the CROW. 

https://t.co/Xz8TnytKcR?amp=1

What exactly does this mean? Of course he isn’t going to say he cut him due to that. Although , I believe they believe Mac can give them the same as Cam production wise right now. 

• Like 1