Is it too early to talk about Penn State?

tigerman1186

17 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

I bolded two of my bigger concerns. Beaver Stadium is going to be INSANE--potentially pushing 110k--deafeningly loud. I think it will be critical that we strike quick and early to shut the crowd down. 

It will be, yes.  But at the same time it's not like our team hasn't play at Bama/UGA/LSU and places that match it.  It's not going to be new

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, homersapien said:

I don't know. ASU has a history of salty teams.  Don't know about this year though. 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:03 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Akron is favored over ASU by 3 TDs if they play tomorrow.  And as a gambler, I'd lay the points.

Told ya

It will be interesting to see how leadership impacts the way Auburn handles the energy and momentum that PSU will have from being at home. That trip to Gainesville scarred me. I can't imagine how it sits in the minds of the team. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It will be, yes.  But at the same time it's not like our team hasn't play at Bama/UGA/LSU and places that match it.  It's not going to be new

11 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

It will be interesting to see how leadership impacts the way Auburn handles the energy and momentum that PSU will have from being at home. That trip to Gainesville scarred me. I can't imagine how it sits in the minds of the team. 

We are not facing the Romans . No need to be scared. Excited , yes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm hoping those awful road experiences that Bo had as a Freshman in Gainesville and Baton Rouge are going to be big helps for him at Penn St. I'm sure it will be rocking there but its just not possible to get louder than Gainesville night game. And you know Harsin and staff are going to be drilling the guys relentlessly on how to operate silently on offense. 

We have a very experienced team and i'll be pretty disappointed if they get rattled by that environment. IF we lose i expect it will be because Penn St is just the better team.

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:02 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Told ya

Yeah, I was remembering ASU from 18 years ago:

They won three straight national championships from 2005 to 2007, the first FCS team to do so since the playoffs began in 1978. Through its history, the App State football program has won over 550 games, claimed three national championships and appeared in the Division-I FCS playoffs 20 times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_State_Mountaineers_football

Damn, but time flies when you get old!

Edited by homersapien

Yeah doubt seriously if it is louder than Gainesville.  Looking at pictures the stadium design is more typical and not straightup and hoveringover the field. But that was a day game at UF and it was really hot and sunny.  The atmosphere was kind of average. I think noise and atmosphere is going to be like a Neyland game in the 80s. I'm with you though.  Seeing the team being prepared for the noise at PSU and staying poised is important.  

• Like 1

I dunno. Feeling pretty drunk off the Auburn Kool-Aid right now and feels like we might just beat them outright. If road-Bo isn't a thing we have a lot of potential to thrive.

• Like 2

Yes, it's too early to talk about the school that lost 9 out of the last 10 to Ohio State with the horrible fans who chant "We are???" and child-molesting coaches. But about 2 o'clock on Saturday, we'll let you know what we think.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUBourne said:

The smart ones know they had inferior leadership at the helm. I’m worried about the atmosphere too, but I think our guys can handle it. 

What this game can do for confidence is pretty much endless imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yes, it's too early to talk about the school that lost 9 out of the last 10 to Ohio State with the horrible fans who chant "We are???" and child-molesting coaches. But about 2 o'clock on Saturday, we'll let you know what we think.

Well That Escalated Quickly GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

We get this a lot, it’s fine, if you think this is how all PSU fans operate that’s your take. It sucks what happened but hearing this punch line constantly gets old. 

I beg to bet tOSU would beat Auburn in the same manner as well. The year we beat them last we beat them with a bunch on 3 star athletes and Meyer found a way to choke. 

I would suggest that if you go to the game you don’t dwell or vocalize this too much, we’re cool owning up to it, we just don’t enjoy it being shoved in our faces all the time. Remember there’s another side to this story as well. 

Thanks….

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Caldavis said:

We get this a lot, it’s fine, if you think this is how all PSU fans operate that’s your take. It sucks what happened but hearing this punch line constantly gets old. 

I beg to bet tOSU would beat Auburn in the same manner as well. The year we beat them last we beat them with a bunch on 3 star athletes and Meyer found a way to choke. 

I would suggest that if you go to the game you don’t dwell or vocalize this too much, we’re cool owning up to it, we just don’t enjoy it being shoved in our faces all the time. Remember there’s another side to this story as well. 

Thanks….

Yeah that type of thing can happen anywhere, sadly.

Nervous to see how our OL stands up to actual legitimate D1 athletes. 

Excited to see how both sides of the ball legitimately scheme against PSU vs mostly base formations. 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:01 AM, W.E.D said:

We may play at those places but when was the last time we won at those places.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:01 AM, W.E.D said:

A rowdy situation that one knows is different than one doesn’t. There’s someone who always knows how it is to play vs our rivals on the road at any given moment. You saw this with Florida too. Many things looked completely awry in comparison to even a full house in Kyle Field or a night game against #1 LSU in DV. No one knew the Swamp 

48 minutes ago, Carnell said:

We may play at those places but when was the last time we won at those places.

Yeah, agree but luckily we have a new coach. My point was just we've got guys who have at least been there. So we shouldn't be shell shocked