Official Post Game Thread: Alabama State

bigbird

21 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

IMO, it's mostly mental lapses for our OL. It's almost like they panick when the DL starts a twist or stunt or whatever that they didn't anticipate pre-snap. Just like Brahms panicking and holding early in the game just bc his guard left him alone.

Saw LT get WORKED into the backfield a couple of times. Fighting for his life

39 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

But it's still a drop by an Auburn receiver...

Yes, I get that.

My question is would our starting WR be running that route vs a back up. So. In the future maybe we gave a better chance of it being caught. 

We had a back up playing today vs the starter. JJ/Dawson were 1/2 on the week 1 depth chart. Them being our, was it Newton playing their position...so we had a 3rd team guy dropping passes. Right?

Edited by W.E.D

21 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Don’t waste your time with @W.E.D…he loves to argue so much, if you start agreeing with him, he’ll switch sides!🤣

Are you dense? No one is even arguing anything 

it's great to be an auburn tiger! i believe for the most part we are getting our monies worth out of the new coaching staff. iam gonna need a kind soul or two to send me a valium or two for the penn state game. they remind me of a yankee us. blue collar with a ton of tradition and pretty much always dangerous regardless of their talent level. they love their school and play hard for it. it is gonna be a slobber knocker!

Edited by aubiefifty
spelled collar wrong
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Saw LT get WORKED into the backfield a couple of times. Fighting for his life

Hey, at least he didn't give the ol matador block, he was fighting. 😬

second game and no whirly bird or prairie dog look back at the sidelines. i got so tired of that. i am sure there is some kind of benefit but if i wanted to see that i would go watch a meercat special.

• Like 3

Current SECW update:

It is, as usual, bama and then way further down is everyone else.  🤮

Right now, it appears Ole Miss is the 2nd best team in the West.  
Texas A&M is not good!  But they showed the resilience to find a way to win.  
LSU is a mess!!!

Im going to wait and see what Arky does tonight.  They might cause some ruckus in this division.   
MSU might possibly be the worst team in the division, however they have a lot of potential to look much better than they did last week.   
AU has shown that we can look straight up awful, and we can also look pretty good.  We’ll find out a whole lot more next week.  We go from playing 2 cupcakes without a pulse to play @ a top 10 team in prime time!!!😬

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Based on my calculations, AU will beat PSU 61-5. 
Am I doing this right?😂😂😂

No. 60 last week. 62 this week. Obviously, we'll score 64 next week. Penn State will score negative 10. Simple linear extrapolation.:beer2:

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Based on my calculations, AU will beat PSU 61-5. 
Am I doing this right?😂😂😂

Not sure…did you account for PSU getting 3 points just for being the home team? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

IMO, it's mostly mental lapses for our OL. It's almost like they panick when the DL starts a twist or stunt or whatever that they didn't anticipate pre-snap. Just like Brahms panicking and holding early in the game just bc his guard left him alone.

I would think you just need to survive with the Gus mainstays on the OL until you can filter them out. They might either be too mentally far gone or just not too too good (but the best available) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

You going to Big Mike's with the boys for a steak later this week? 😆

I wish!!! Maybe I’ll have to stalk them sometime this season.  Too busy being a grandma these days.  We haven’t been to a game yet. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Current SECW update:

LSU is a mess!!!

Im going to wait and see what Arky does tonight.  They might cause some ruckus in this division.   
MSU might possibly be the worst team in the division, however they have a lot of potential to look much better than they did last week.   
AU has shown that we can look straight up awful, and we can also look pretty good.  We’ll find out a whole lot more next week.  We go from playing 2 cupcakes without a pulse to play @ a top 10 team in prime time!!!😬

We HAVE to go 5-0. This is an abominable division currently. Until UF starts Anthony Richardson permanently, there’s only two SEC teams of national value. We HAVE to compete for that third spot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

First few drives Bo could have really thrown two INTs against ALST. Later in the game he was much better.

Receivers gotta catch more consistently (you too Tank).

Jarquez Hunter is  a much needed boom at RB.

We don't have that burner WR for deep balls.

Glad to see Malcolm Johnson make a huge play.

Offensive Line looked better in the second half. 

Secondary did  a better job contesting some passes in the second half.

We have burner receivers, they’re just not the WR’s running the long routes. Malcolm Johnson is a burner, so is JJ, and Robertson

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yes, I’m dense. (Psssst..This is where you tell me I’m not)…

lets not encourage chatty kathy..............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Hey, at least he didn't give the ol matador block, he was fighting. 😬

Hahaha true he was giving effort- didnt see him lose his man either so he won the battle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Current SECW update:

LSU is a mess!!!

Piggies might be a pain in the arse too unfortunately.

• Like 2