Official Post Game Thread: Alabama State

bigbird

Coach Harsin playing 4d Chess. Last week, has the fans wear white,....when we have a huge game in State Pen in a ....you got it....white out. 

This week...he has our own student section go nuts when we are at the goal line to help Bo get used to the noise. Loving this coach. Bon-i-fied JANEYUS

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

After TEs being targeted on 25% of Bo's passes last week, we only targeted them once, I believe. 

Interesting 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

After TEs being targeted on 25% of Bo's passes last week, we only targeted them once, I believe. 

Interesting 

The route combinations were a lot different from Game 1 to Game 2. Less intermediate options this week. 

I said b4 the game that Harsin likes to put a s*** ton of film out there. This kind of switch in the passing game is intriguing.

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

The route combinations were a lot different from Game 1 to Game 2. Less intermediate options this week. 

I said b4 the game that Harsin likes to put a s*** ton of film out there. This kind of switch in the passing game is intriguing.

Well I hope we go back to last weeks passing game, lol

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well I hope we go back to last weeks passing game, lol

The bigger problem today was drops. Not sure Shed did himself too many favors today, and of course the obvious one from Caylin (sp?).

But I've been there, and no one feels worse after missing a sure TD pass than the receiver, let me assure you.

• Like 1

Couple more thoughts b4 I put flesh to the grill:

I made a point to watch Tony Fair more today. He's as advertised. Anchors and let's those LBs roam. He even showed god hustle out to some of those screen passes. 

Seemed to be more variety in the run schemes this week. More man schemes with counters and power g. Zone is still the base tho with wide zone and split zone. So refreshing seeing more variety.

I noticed Malcom Askew getting more reps at CB this week and early in the game too.

Eku Leota seems to still be flying under the radar, but he's consistently good.

Love Bobo dialing up the shot plays after transitions. That was a staple of his at UGA and it's easy to call it, but he's got a knack for calling it at the perfect time. We gotta make sure we execute them better.

I expect more slow screens to Tank against that PSU rush. Could be huge in the game.

• Like 2

Is Shed gonna be our deep ball receiver all year? Nothing against him. He seems more like an intermediate guy. D Rob is the Schwartz role and I’m hoping for a big game from JJ next week. Thought Canion would be starting but we’ll see how the season progresses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Couple more thoughts b4 I put flesh to the grill:

I made a point to watch Tony Fair more today. He's as advertised. Anchors and let's those LBs roam. He even showed god hustle out to some of those screen passes. 

Seemed to be more variety in the run schemes this week. More man schemes with counters and power g. Zone is still the base tho with wide zone and split zone. So refreshing seeing more variety.

I noticed Malcom Askew getting more reps at CB this week and early in the game too.

Eku Leota seems to still be flying under the radar, but he's consistently good.

Love Bobo dialing up the shot plays after transitions. That was a staple of his at UGA and it's easy to call it, but he's got a knack for calling it at the perfect time. We gotta make sure we execute them better.

I expect more slow screens to Tank against that PSU rush. Could be huge in the game.

Agreed on all of that. I noticed Askew getting reps too and thinking it was interesting. What's your thoughts on the o-line. Besides the obvious that it's not a strength of ours, anything specifically that you noticed that was causing problems today? 

The first half of the game was off on offense. Ball placement has a lot to do with drops and missed opportunities as evident in the first half. Bo does look to be making somewhat better decisions. Should have been picked off on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game and the first TD pass to Robertson would have been at best knocked down against better competition. There were quite a few underthrown/misplaced throws in both games.  Run game is definatly going to be tested against Penn St. I think our defense really has a chance to be special this year. This will be a big test as to where Bo is as far as growth because there will be pressure on him to make quick decisions. I am pulling for him to succeed.war Eagle, now the season begins...

26 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The bigger problem today was drops. Not sure Shed did himself too many favors today, and of course the obvious one from Caylin (sp?).

But I've been there, and no one feels worse after missing a sure TD pass than the receiver, let me assure you.

Would J Johnson have been running that route Newton dropped the pass on??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Bobo has called two really good games. We execute properly in 1H and wete hyping the s*** out of the offense again

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Would J Johnson have been running that route Newton dropped the pass on??

Huh? Are you asking if he would have dropped it had he been the one running the route, or what?

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agreed on all of that. I noticed Askew getting reps too and thinking it was interesting. What's your thoughts on the o-line. Besides the obvious that it's not a strength of ours, anything specifically that you noticed that was causing problems today? 

IMO, it's mostly mental lapses for our OL. It's almost like they panick when the DL starts a twist or stunt or whatever that they didn't anticipate pre-snap. Just like Brahms panicking and holding early in the game just bc his guard left him alone.

• Like 1

Bobo has called two really good games. We execute properly in 1H and wete hyping the s*** out of the offense again

He has.

We haven't had to do it yet against the competition we've faced, but I'm looking forward to Harsin and Bobo targeting the defense's weaknesses. We gonna do our thing in the run game, but I'm looking for us to set up mismatches. Game within the game stuff, again finally.

First few drives Bo could have really thrown two INTs against ALST. Later in the game he was much better.

Receivers gotta catch more consistently (you too Tank).

Jarquez Hunter is  a much needed boom at RB.

We don't have that burner WR for deep balls.

Glad to see Malcolm Johnson make a huge play.

Offensive Line looked better in the second half. 

Secondary did  a better job contesting some passes in the second half.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Huh? Are you asking if he would have dropped it had he been the one running the route, or what?

Was Newton playing in JJs spot

Just now, Zeek said:

First few drives Bo could have really thrown two INTs against ALST. Later in the game he was much better.

Receivers gotta catch more consistently (you too Tank).

Jarquez Hunter is  a much needed boom at RB.

We don't have that burner WR for deep balls.

Glad to see Malcolm Johnson make a huge play.

Offensive Line looked better in the second half. 

Secondary did  a better job contesting some passes in the second half.

Dawson is our burner if he can get on the field.

• Like 1

Was Newton playing in JJs spot

But it's still a drop by an Auburn receiver...