Question....what are we wanting to see this week?

cole256

I was thinking, I expect us to look more like week 1 again...but how do I take it? I'm not going to be impressed with the QB play if he does well. I'd be pissed if he played bad. And that goes for every position now that I think about it. 

I feel that's a crappy situation and I wish I could feel different but as of now I don't. The only thing I can say is if we play well against a quality team I'm going to make sure to give props where they are due.

But how about some of you? How do you feel? Anybody feel like me? Or is it Cole is stupid or whatever. I'm interested on does anyone view it like me and sometimes feel bad. But it's all part of the game as well. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was thinking, I expect us to look more like week 1 again...but how do I take it? I'm not going to be impressed with the QB play if he does well. I'd be pissed if he played bad. And that goes for every position now that I think about it. 

I feel that's a crappy situation and I wish I could feel different but as of now I don't. The only thing I can say is if we play well against a quality team I'm going to make sure to give props where they are due.

But how about some of you? How do you feel? Anybody feel like me? Or is it Cole is stupid or whatever. I'm interested on does anyone view it like me and sometimes feel bad. But it's all part of the game as well. 

Yes, that is how I feel against a team like Georgia State. No, I don't feel bad about it. 

I'll have a completely different perspective after this game. 

• Like 1

3 Sacks and an actual pass rush most of the game

2 INTs

A whole lot of Shivers to get him going and ready to tear up SEC play with Tank and Hunter

A Punt Return TD for hell of it lol

• Like 1

Definitely want to see us dominate all phases of the game, but trying to be more specific than that... They run a triple option attack so i don't think we'll get much defensively out of the game that we can use going forward. But we do want to see our guys playing the run well and doing a good job of making tackles. When Ga St does throw the ball i hope we have someone in coverage. Good game to see if our guys in the secondary can stay focused on their job while not getting a lot of opportunities to shine. 

On offense i'd like to see the WRs make plays when a DB is close by. I want to see more WRs making those plays. Like Harsin said "lets see that depth". I'd like to see Shivers,  Jackson, and Ingram get a lot of touches. And i would like to see some TEs beside Shenker catch the ball and be used in the passing game. Finally i want to see some good deep throws by Bo. I also think this would be a great (and maybe last) chance to get DD some action in real games. I'm all for redshirting him but that can still be accomplished while getting him some playing time. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I think the difference between my thoughts and yours is I don’t land singularly on Bo for progress to be made. I hope they work on all the things they need to ( in my mind that is at least:  Bo’s downfield passing, receivers catching/getting open, pass rush by DL, and DB play.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I will give Bo props if he plays well, always.

23 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think the difference between my thoughts and yours is I don’t land singularly on Bo for progress to be made. I hope they work on all the things they need to ( in my mind that is at least:  Bo’s downfield passing, receivers catching/getting open, pass rush by DL, and DB play.

No I didn't say just Bo. I'm everybody

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I didn't say just Bo. I'm everybody

So your not going to be impressed with anyone no matter what they do this game. Gotcha, since you only mentioned the QB play thought that was who you were talking about.

Air that s*** out and make receivers make plays. Throw deep balls and if Bo doesn't step into them put TJ in for the same play. Challenge the DL to get at least 3 sacks and lots of TFL.

Utter dominance no breaks. If we can score 100 let's do it.

• Like 1

For me, it's just too many cupcakes to open the season. Especially after getting a taste of the real thing last week. Hard to get excited about anything you see. Easy to get disappointed if it doesn't go well. 

Of course, I say that now and will probably get excited when the team looks good. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

So your not going to be impressed with anyone no matter what they do this game. Gotcha, since you only mentioned the QB play thought that was who you were talking about.

Yes. I wrote this 

And that goes for every position now that I think about it. 

Last sentence of my first paragraph

Edited by cole256

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

For me, it's just too many cupcakes to open the season. Especially after getting a taste of the real thing last week. Hard to get excited about anything you see. Easy to get disappointed if it doesn't go well. 

Of course, I say that now and will probably get excited when the team looks good. 

I definitely would have preferred these games mixed thru out the season and not just heavy loaded in the beginning of the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I wanna see the OL  staying on pass blacks for 4-5 seconds. 

I wanna see more turn overs created.

What about the white people tho!?!?

• Haha 5

A dominant win, and no one getting hurt. What else is there? It's GA State! Whatever we do in sacks, passing yards, etc. won't mean anything to me since we had all that in the first 2 games, and then when we played a good team, our weaknesses showed up...

I would rather wait and tell you what we need to see when we go to LSU... :)

• Like 1

I would love to see improvement from the OL as well as better production from the receivers.  And Davis to have a few snaps at QB.  

At least 5 sacks 10 hurries..giving other WR’s chances got dang it. Also I’m not expecting OP plays and of course McClain is out for the first half so weathering that storm on defense against that option attack from the lb core.

Edited by WFE12